The Arctic Cheetah Knuckles Bolt-On Debacle, Resolution, Conclusion, And Bug Bounty!

39 replies to this topic

#21 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:44 AM

Take them, in actual fact remove all boltons from the game!

#22 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:57 AM

Oh, after that event you change the reward for one of them from a bolt-on (didn't bother) to 500 MC (for suffering through some matches with a Clan mech that is about adequate)? Nice for those who got it, but it would've been nice to know sooner. Like, during the event.

About the mentioned larger QA team: I'm pretty sure they'd actually need a larger team fixing the stuff. The backlog of bugs that are postponed since the first release should be quite significant.

#23 Radias

Rookie

• The Star
  • The Star
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 10:02 AM

If you equip the iron jaw on either the UM-R68 or R63 variant and you have an energy weapon equiped in the left side torso, good lord the clipping...

Posted Image

Edited by Radias, 05 October 2018 - 10:03 AM.

#24 Kalleballe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 02:56 AM

Ams and jet engine on crab
Posted Image

Edited by Kalleballe, 06 October 2018 - 02:57 AM.

#25 Kalleballe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 03:01 AM

Kabuki mask clipping on cyclops, hiding head hitbox.Also hiding hitbox on Annihilator

Posted Image

#26 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 09:28 PM

View PostRebel Ace Fryslan, on 05 October 2018 - 06:35 AM, said:

I wish you would have more test-gamers that can help you with the game.
And rotate them every month?

Pay me 1000MC an hour or whatever MC-based contract/bounty and I'll help test.

View PostBuenaventura, on 05 October 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

Oh, after that event you change the reward for one of them from a bolt-on (didn't bother) to 500 MC (for suffering through some matches with a Clan mech that is about adequate)? Nice for those who got it, but it would've been nice to know sooner. Like, during the event.

About the mentioned larger QA team: I'm pretty sure they'd actually need a larger team fixing the stuff. The backlog of bugs that are postponed since the first release should be quite significant.

3 solo kills, 1 headshot, 500MS game = 200MC + 2m CBills.
10 KKMDDs in a Light mech and 5 victories = 1m CBills and 1 "LIGHT" decal.
10 KKMDDs in ACH = 500MC!!

Hmmm... moving forward I hope PGI starts to reach some sort of parity with event rewards.

Edited by arcana75, 06 October 2018 - 09:34 PM.

#27 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 11:57 AM

lol. I didnt bother with this event, because I knew the bolt ons have issues and are pointless to gameplay... Naturally, that's when it becomes an MC giveaway. lol I had 9 kills/kmdds just from playing a cheetah a bit during the event. 1 short of unwittingly getting it anyways.

#28 Dregian Bloodwrath

• PipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 01:12 PM

complaints department? dont get me wrong im all for complaining about thing pgi is doing wrong and not doing and not fixing ... but this is just for bolt ons ..

Edited by Dregian Bloodwrath, 07 October 2018 - 01:17 PM.

#29 Dregian Bloodwrath

• PipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 01:20 PM

i do have a question though.. so the cheetah bolton is not compatible with the cheetah prime .. do u still get the 500mc if u got the bolton even if u don't have the correct variant?

#30 Dregian Bloodwrath

• PipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 02:26 AM

CP 10 z enyo club blocks lazers on arms
https://postimg.cc/WhMTLNVV

Posted Image

Edited by Dregian Bloodwrath, 08 October 2018 - 02:35 AM.

#31 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 08 October 2018 - 09:39 AM

View PostDregian Bloodwrath, on 07 October 2018 - 01:20 PM, said:

i do have a question though.. so the cheetah bolton is not compatible with the cheetah prime .. do u still get the 500mc if u got the bolton even if u don't have the correct variant?

Read the post again and focus on the "Conclusion" part.

#32 Mechwarrior8985372

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 02:55 PM

So Basically bolt on sales are bad and PGi are getting us to let them know which artist to fire for not doing bolt ons correctly ????

#33 CtrlAltWheee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 610 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 08:56 AM

The knuckles are my favorite of the hand bolt-ons and I own a few. Are you sure you can't just remove them from the cheetah only? Or certain mech variants only?

#34 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:40 AM

View PostCtrlAltWheee, on 09 October 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

The knuckles are my favorite of the hand bolt-ons and I own a few. Are you sure you can't just remove them from the cheetah only? Or certain mech variants only?

While the wording isn't as clear as it could be, so far I'm sure they're only removing the knuckles bolt-ons for the Arctic Cheetah, not for other mechs.

#35 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 01:04 PM

Is their a bolt-on inventory that you can check to see all the boltons you own irrespective of mech/varient
Similar to cockpit items list
Maybe have a check box :Show only Bolt ons for this mech/Show all Bolt-ons.

Coz I think I have bolt ons, but I have never seen one and dont wanna go thru my entire mech stable to find a bolt-on.
Cheers

#36 AgBaphomet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:36 AM

Roughneck Powerhouse

The ELEPHANT TUSKs and the MAMMOTH TUSKs clip a little bit trough the missile hardpoint in the center torso.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#37 Capn Crunchtime

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:04 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Locust 3-m, likely with other variants as well
Angel wings 1: Wing shadows dont stick to the main torso shadow, stay at the same height, but do turn and angle when tilting the chassis
Elephant tusks 2: Clip into the cockpit when starting up, might clip when dropping from a height

Also, minor detail, the mammoth tusks occupy a good deal of the fov in a locust, i would have bought those if it werent for that fault

#38 Jagd Wolf

• PipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:52 PM

Thought to mention that when the Kodiak's claws are out the shadows bounce around separate from the arms - it's been like this since it's introduction to the game. I'm not sure how this may or may not have an effect on bolt ons

#39 laio scotsman

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:01 PM

Did some more looking, found some more clipping/obstruction issues. I think I understand how to embed pictures nicely this time...

Urbanmech

Spoiler
  • The Chainsaw (Right) clips into or partially obscures the 3rd ballistic hardpoint on the right arm of the Urbanmech UM-R60L.

Locust

Spoiler
  • The Short Ram Horns (1-6) obscure the torso energy hardpoints on both side torsos of the Locust LCT-PB. They also obscure the center torso ballistic hardpoints if the mechanic decides to mount one or more AC/2s for some reason.
Spoiler
  • The Long Ram Horns (1-6) obscure a torso energy hardpoint on both side torsos of the Locust LCT-PB if the mech mounts a PPC in the second energy mount of a side torso.
Spoiler
  • The Ibex Horns (1-6), Long Ram Horns (1-6), and Prong Horns (1-6) clip or obscure the center torso ballistic hardpoints if AC/2s are mounted on the Locust LCT-PB. MGs remain in the low mounts and are not obscured.
Spoiler
  • The Megasaur Skull (Left, 1-4) and Megasaur Skull (Right, 1-4) clip into and obscure the respective side torso energy hardpoints on the Locust LCT-PB.
The locust PB also has an issue displaying a second PPC if two are mounted, showing the second as a laser. Since this only happens with the PPC, ERPPC, and HPPC, and you physically cannot carry two of them into battle on a 20 ton chassis, it's not worth really looking at.

Crab

Spoiler
  • The Blackbuck Horns (1-6), Horns, Ibex Horns (1-6), Long Ram Horns (1-6), Prong Horns (1-6), Short Ram Horns (1-6), and Yak Horns (1-6) obscure the first left side torso missile hardpoint on the CRB-FL
Spoiler
  • The Elephant Tusks (1-6) obscure the right side torso energy hardpoints on the CRB-FL.

Shadow Hawk

Spoiler
  • The Chainsaw (Left), Propeller Axe (Left), Saw Axe (Left), Tire Hammer (Left), Tree Club (Left), Tree Hammer (Left), Tree Pike (Left), and Tree Staff (Left) clip into or seriously obscure the 2nd energy hardpoint on the left arm of the SHD-2D and SHD-GD. Some of these might be able to be raised to avoid the issue.
Spoiler
  • The Chainsaw (Right), Propeller Axe (Right), Saw Axe (Right), Tire Hammer (Right), Tree Club (Right), Tree Hammer (Right), Tree Pike (Right), and Tree Staff (Right) clip into or seriously obscure the 2nd energy hardpoint on the right arm of the SHD-5M and SHD-GD. Some of these might be able to be raised to avoid the issue.
Spoiler

Hunchback IIC

Spoiler
  • The Enyo Club (right) obscures the energy hardpoint on the right arm of the HBK-IIC-C.
As with my previous post, if you need screenshots for each bolt on I listed above, instead of representative pictures of the groups with the issue (since the geometry is extremely similar between the groups), I can provide those tomorrow or this weekend.

*Edited to fix my initial mistake with linking images correctly.

Edited by laio scotsman, 11 October 2018 - 08:11 PM.

#40 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:33 PM

Congrats to the following players for earning the bug Bounty!
  • laio scotsman 1800 MC, (6 chassis)
  • Merata Kell 300 MC,
  • Radias 300 MC,
  • Kalleballe 300 MC
  • AgBaphomet 300 MC
  • Capn Crunchtime 300 MC
The thread is now Locked!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users