News

39 replies to this topic

#1 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:48 AM

Standard reward for IS: Rifleman. A mediocre chassis with mediocre hardpoints on top of it.
Standard reward for Clans: Night **** Gyr with ECM. An omnimech with cbill boost that you can build however you like.

Top tier for IS: Warhammer with bad hardpoints
Top tier for Clans: MAD IIC. An assault mech. Not the best hardpoints compared to other clan assaults but you can stuff it with lasers and it will be a decent cbills grinder. It will also have JJs unlike other MAD IIC laser boats.

No mech as ultimate reward either, just 6 cockpit items.

Also why doesn't ultimate pack qualify for top tier reward even though it costs nearly as much as two collector packs, especially if you've been buying some MCs?

Edited by kapusta11, 10 October 2018 - 12:52 AM.

#2 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:10 AM

Idk why you wanking the loyalty Night Gyr and MADIIC that hard they not even that great once you get past the spreadsheet. The gyr still moves like a flaming dumpster truck, and the ecm only gonna help survive a tiny bit longer in SQ or hide it as a Lurm boat, nothing game changing like the HBR P pod with 2 extra highmount laser hp's.

The MADIIC 2 sucks compare to the MADIIC for exchange of hp's for jj's is not really a good trade, when you can do what the 2 does with the prime but way better.

#3 dwwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 476 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:59 AM

Add some sweetener to your sour wine.

#4 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:14 AM

Are you kidding me? IS ARE GETTING THE MOST POWERFUL MECH EVER!

Did you forget the 6 Machine Gun Spider... err... Javelin.

It was stated years ago they weren't going to add it to the game because 6MGs is just too powerful...

#5 Kanil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:41 AM

If the nicest thing you can say about the Marauder IIC is that it's got a 30% C-Bill boost, maybe it... also sucks?

#6 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:35 AM

Um....what? How does an ECM carrying Warhammer and ECM carrying javelin not sounds like a good idea?

#7 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:58 AM

Javelin doesn't have ECM.

#8 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:27 AM

the loyalty javelin is simply like a fat guy doing a bad piranha cosplay...

#9 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:40 AM

As far as mechs go they are much better than last years . Who cares if they are OP or not . They are free pseudo hero mechs .
You use them to buy the cbills meta mech of your dreams . I have no problem with that awesome javelin , night gyr and rifleman loyalty mechs .

Personally I don't see the point in buying so much just for a loyalty marauder IIc and a Warhammer when it's just so much easier not to mention 10 times cheaper to buy a scorch and black widow ......currently on discount btw. Only obsessed completionists would jump for joy over that .

Edited by Pain G0D, 10 October 2018 - 04:47 AM.

#10 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:46 AM

View PostPain G0D, on 10 October 2018 - 04:40 AM, said:

As far as mechs go they are much better than last years .

None of the Hostage Mechs being sold this year hold a candle to the glorious fun that was last years Victor VTR-9A1.

#11 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:48 AM

View PostBombast, on 10 October 2018 - 04:46 AM, said:

None of the Hostage Mechs being sold this year hold a candle to the glorious fun that was last years Victor VTR-9A1.

Excuse me , I meant to say the non whale loyalty mechs .

#12 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:10 AM

View PostKanil, on 10 October 2018 - 02:41 AM, said:

If the nicest thing you can say about the Marauder IIC is that it's got a 30% C-Bill boost, maybe it... also sucks?

It can pack a casual 71 damage alpha with 30 heat sinks. I thought that was obvious.

#13 Daurock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:14 AM

Gonna be honest, the mech that has me most interested isn't even any of the mech-pack mechs - It's the cBill Javelin. Will be interesting to see what can be done with an IS MG-Boat, something mostly missing in the game up to this point.

#14 Abaddun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 256 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:36 AM

The Warhamer looks like a solid pick for general frontline work. someone else on the forums simmed a 6 ERmed and MRM 30 build that would be solid for medium range firefights. Never underestimate the power of ECM on a frontlins mech. The rifleman is a solid 60 tonner no matter which way you spin it, high HPs and jumpjets work well together.

#15 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:38 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 10 October 2018 - 05:10 AM, said:

It can pack a casual 71 damage alpha with 30 heat sinks. I thought that was obvious.

Something you can quite easily do with current Marauder IICs.

#16 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:27 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 10 October 2018 - 12:48 AM, said:

Standard reward for IS: Rifleman. A mediocre chassis with mediocre hardpoints on top of it.

I'm actually looking forward to use the new Rifleman in FP, as a poptart. Too bad the ballistic mounts are in the arms so I can't shave it to make space, but 2xLBX10 + lasers should work.

Of course, it will depend on whether MWO will still be there in 2019, cause I don't think I am eligible for the Rifleman.

#17 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:37 AM

The Rifleman might also be a decent dual HPPC poptart. The Grasshopper does that right now, but saving 10 tons will make it much more attractive in a FP role.

#18 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:55 AM

Rifleman with JJ is awesome! That chassis is a glass cannon, and a good one, so adding JJ to improve its mobility is great. I would have preferred a Rifleman variant with a bigger engine, but JJ will work fine.

Also, ECM on a Nightgyr does not help a lot, and the loyalty Marauder IIC looks extremely underwhelming. This year, the IS clearly got the better loyalty Mechs.

#19 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:00 AM

Personally I'm a bit more interested in the Inner Sphere reward mechs than the Clan mechs.

For the Rifleman I'm seeing a nice poptarter with something like either dual AC10s or dual HPPCs. It might be the first mech I put a bunch of skill nodes into the jumping tree so I can get away with fewer jump jets to put the tonnage into weaponry.

For the Javelin it's all about the machineguns. Half the MGs of a Piranha but 50% more tonnage so it'll be more durable. I've found my Arrow (Blackjack hero) is too slow to effectively use MGs while having a plan of retreat should things get out of hand, and the Javelin should eliminate that flaw.

For the Warhammer I'm seeing an MRM40 and 6 medium lasers with ECM to help get into effective range. It should make a nice hill-humper with the MRM40 on the shoulder and ECM to give you an extra bit of time to peek, fire, and retreat.

On the Clan side the ECM on the Night Gyr is interesting but the Marauder IIC is just a laser vomit version of the B or C variant. The Marauder IIC is a good mech, but it doesn't really bring anything new to the table.

#20 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:41 AM

View PostFLG 01, on 10 October 2018 - 06:55 AM, said:

Rifleman with JJ is awesome! That chassis is a glass cannon, and a good one, so adding JJ to improve its mobility is great. I would have preferred a Rifleman variant with a bigger engine, but JJ will work fine.

Also, ECM on a Nightgyr does not help a lot, and the loyalty Marauder IIC looks extremely underwhelming. This year, the IS clearly got the better loyalty Mechs.

Rifleman is glass anything but cannon, except for the laser boat variant. It's slow, it's paper thin and it doesn't have enough tonnage to be effective two ballistic mech.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users