#41 NUMBERZero1032

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 148 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:21 PM

View PostNUMBERZero1032, on 12 October 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

Man, you have LBX-20's that can be fired in pairs without ghost heat, and it's great. But it's not the destroyer of worlds. Dual UAC/20 HBK isn't going to be much different. We don't understand why LBX is ok, but AC is not.

That kind of leads me to another thing. Did you know that firing one AC/20 and two Snub PPC's generates more heat than dual AC/20's to do the same damage? Yeah there's something wrong there.

Also 11 crit slot LBX-20's on the IS is such a pain, and there's not even any crit-sharing. There's so many cool builds that would benefit from 10 crit slot LBX-20's. I mean, look at the King Crab KGC-005. Made in 3062, it has dual LBX-20's in the arms. Why can't I build that? But a Mad Cat MkII, a 90 ton platform, can fit two LBX-20's in the arms, even a MCII-B which has upper and lower arm actuators for full arm movement. Why not a 100 ton IS platform tho

DUAL HEAVY GAUSS! You're telling me that you can't allow for dual AC/20 and UAC/20 on most mechs, but dual Heavy Gauss is ok. Sure it's got crap for DPS and is more of a terror weapon, but you can't trade with it within its minimum range. But dual AC/20's is op. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Hell, even Heavy Gauss does more damage at longer ranges than AC/20's. 15 damage still at 500 meters. Please.

Edited by NUMBERZero1032, 12 October 2018 - 04:24 PM.

#42 MisterSomaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 255 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:22 PM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 12 October 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

AWS-8Q is explicitly for the standard PPC, AWS-9M is explicitly for the Inner Sphere ER PPC.

btw, the quirks on the awesome 9M are still absolutely inferior for erppcs to begin with.

Also, I do sincerely hope you deal with IS AC20s by upping ghost heat threshold by 1 more (also C/ac20s, but only an insane person even bothers with them anyway) or adding the HSL quirks to associated mechs soon. 40 pinpoint/not quite pinpoint at 300 meters from slow moving slugs isn't a boogeyman anymore. Please keep this in mind.

#43 NUMBERZero1032

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 148 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:22 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 12 October 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

For the guys whining about heatsinks, doubles have actually ALWAYS had worse capacity than singles, they just bleed heat off faster. they better at dissipation, not capacity.

Them being nerf capacity wise is basically a wakeup call to all you guys who sit back and constantly ERLL Snipe, whereas it's a lot more helpful for mid-close-range fighters who need to keep up a continuous barrage of fire rather than one massive burst.

honestly i think most of you are whining because you don't want to actually have facetime with your enemies. Mechs have armor, mobility and speed for a reason, people. They're not meant to be stationary turrets.

no

#44 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:23 PM

NSR-10P: HPPC +1

pls...

Edited by suffocater, 12 October 2018 - 04:24 PM.

#45 Summin

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:25 PM

View Postsuffocater, on 12 October 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

pls...

-10% Ballistic Cooldown
-10% Ballistic Heat

#46 MaoutheGreat

• PipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 66 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:25 PM

For the guys whining about heatsinks, doubles have actually ALWAYS had worse capacity than singles, they just bleed heat off faster. they better at dissipation, not capacity.

Them being nerf capacity wise is basically a wakeup call to all you guys who sit back and constantly ERLL Snipe, whereas it's a lot more helpful for mid-close-range fighters who need to keep up a continuous barrage of fire rather than one massive burst.

honestly i think most of you are whining because you don't want to actually have facetime with your enemies. Mechs have armor, mobility and speed for a reason, people. They're not meant to be stationary turrets.

This literally does nothing to ERLL sniping, in fact this is a sort of buff to it. What really hurts is IS won't feel it as much thank to high heat dissipation and having lower heat on the ERLL than the cERLL.

#47 Detergent II

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:26 PM

View Postsuffocater, on 12 October 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

pls...

Better Idea

Throw the whole GH system out the window because it's trash

Posted Image

#48 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:26 PM

View PostNUMBERZero1032, on 12 October 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

Yeah! Don't forget the FNR-5E as well. That comes with a UAC/20 cooldown quirk too.

That one has them in the torsos and doesn't have the requisite trickiness that Chris mandated, since convergence will be good.

That said, there is currently an issue with *all* 20-class ACs other than LB-20X in that they aren't successful in pairs, regardless of mounting points, all because they can't be twin-fired without Ghost heat. To make it worse, the velocity is too low on all of them, both UAC/20 and cUAC/20 have jam durations that are way too long, and the UAC/20 in particular doesn't have enough range for its more pokey use-case (and it's really supposed to have a 300 meter optimum, not 270...I think the AC/20 has sufficient in-built advantages that there isn't risk of obsoletion).

#49 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,184 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:27 PM

View PostARM32, on 12 October 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

Maybe, it's just a time to add jihad era weapons? Other way - game lost fun...

The game would be even worse the moment you add Plasma Rifles and HAGs in.

You do realize HAGs being added nearly killed off the tabletop version of Battletech, right? They're literally the most stupidly broken weapon in that universe, and I'm including Dark Age TSEMPs as being less broken. They're literally HITSCAN GAUSS RIFLES. and don't even get me started on the Bull@#$% the HAG40 is.

plus, adding Plasma Rifles? Say goodbye to ANY build that has a heat efficiency less than 1.5 as you literally get cooked by napalm clinging to your mech.

View PostNUMBERZero1032, on 12 October 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

no

I rest my case.

#50 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

View PostSummin, on 12 October 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

-10% Ballistic Cooldown
-10% Ballistic Heat

Try more like 15% ballistic cooldown and 15% energy heat, that way you can do quad-5s and an HPPC and not have to run at almost ANH speeds.

#51 dr3dnought

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 130 posts

Streaks are already broken vs lights but now even ECM won't help?

Thanks, Chris.

#52 H Y P E R B E A M

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Pointless nerfs to armor on annihilator and Fafnir. Ya, it's a dead game anyways, who cares ...

#53 Commander James Raynor

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:28 PM

I still don't get why you keep trying to nerf the CMPL. Clan has pretty few choices for brawling, and you keep beating on them. If anything, I think the CMPL should stay where it is and the IS MPL should receive a small buff, either in range or on damage (with a CD increase, as to mantain the DPS while increasing the alpha). Medium pulse lasers, either clan or IS aren't weapons systems that should be getting nerfed.

#54 Hiten Bongz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 228 posts
  • LocationTexas

Excuse me, what? SHS is currently 1.3 cap and .13 dissipation. DHS is 1.5 cap, .15 dissipation.

Posted Image

So yeah, I think we're due a real explanation as to why DHS are getting patched to have 33% less capacity than SHS. Let's also not forgot the fact that DHS have less HP than SHS while taking up 3x (or 2x) the slots, and the price to convert to DHS, where applicable.

What say you, Chris?

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 12 October 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

Heatsinks:
  • Dissipation rate increased to 0.14 (from 0.13)
  • Heat capacity reduced to 0.75 (from 1.3)
Double Heatsinks (Both Inner Sphere and Clan)
  • Dissipation rate increased to 0.22 (from 0.15)
  • Heat Capacity reduced to 0.5 (from 1.5)

Edited by Hiten Bongz, 12 October 2018 - 04:39 PM.

#55 Detergent II

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 26 posts

Thanks, Chris

Edited by Detergent II, 12 October 2018 - 04:31 PM.

#56 Commander James Raynor

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:29 PM

I know I'm not getting my emotions across, but I'm pretty mad about this change, just as I was when you announced it the last time and everyone else got mad too.

#57 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,184 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

View PostMaoutheGreat, on 12 October 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

This literally does nothing to ERLL sniping, in fact this is a sort of buff to it. What really hurts is IS won't feel it as much thank to high heat dissipation and having lower heat on the ERLL than the cERLL.

To be blunt, the CERLL is the one that NEEDED the nerf. You literally tend to see at least two Hellbringers with CERLLs in any match who're always sitting back too cowardly to actually engage, just sniping.

#58 NUMBERZero1032

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 148 posts
  • LocationArizona

Thanks, Chris

#59 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:31 PM

View Postdr3dnought, on 12 October 2018 - 04:27 PM, said:

Streaks are already broken vs lights but now even ECM won't help?

Thanks, Chris.

Also, as if Artemis SRMs needed to be made any worse.

If they had buffed the spread benefit even harder, say to 45% reduction, I might be okay with it, but they didn't. And normal SRM6 and cSRM4/6 are still so splashy that they are useless. Better to drill with SRM2.

#60 Summin

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:31 PM

Thanks, Chris

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users