• 150 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:18 PM

Mech: Centurion-A
Loadout:
1x Uac10,
2x SPL,
2x RL20
Spoiler

I'm not even saying my load out or skill is even that great. I do feel rather disappointed with these few matches. .
Every game that has been a loss has been because of purely Unpredictable match making against mechs that already have an advantage over my mech load out or default quirks.
Ever single game was just boring alpha vomit where no opponent even tried to spread damage, or target select components.

And this is why I don't play Solaris 7.

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:38 PM

The problem for your experience is covered off in the first 5 lines of your post.

IE: The build.

#3 Viking Yelling

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:46 PM

So, am I to assume you would recomend some meta, high alpha build which i can just alpha vomit with and not actually have to use any skill or mech traits?

#4 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 17 October 2018 - 10:53 PM

View PostViking Yelling, on 17 October 2018 - 05:46 PM, said:

So, am I to assume you would recomend some meta, high alpha build which i can just alpha vomit with and not actually have to use any skill or mech traits?

Lol. You don't need a high alpha build. That's division 5... I've had a fair bit of success there running a crab CRB-27 with a standard engine, 18 double heatsinks, and 5 medium pulse. I was number 2 on the 2v2 ladder for that div last I checked. Its only a 30 pt alpha, not very high.

There are always good and bad mechs in this game. The centurion is a bad mech.

#5 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 11:53 PM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 09 November 2018 - 11:24 AM.

#6 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:38 AM

View PostViking Yelling, on 17 October 2018 - 05:46 PM, said:

The opposite.

I would recommend a high DPS build, not a high alpha.

You build is kinda neither. It lacks DPS and Alpha.

#7 SilentFenris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 163 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:38 AM

Since I hadn't played Solaris7 last season I decided to take a shot

I played 3 Solaris matches in a old CN9-A build armed with SRMs and a AC10. I am NOT advocating use of this build, I haven't changed the build since the mech was given for free during the first MWO championships in 2016.

I lost all three matches. My opponents played better than I did. Also, I have a feeling the XL engine just makes the CN9 too fragile for Solaris...a slower LFE might give better results.

Match Footage -
Spoiler

#8 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:09 PM

XL centurion with SRM and AC10?

Thats insanity...

#9 Stonefalcon

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 18 October 2018 - 02:02 PM

I ran through all 7 divisions last night to do the event, 7 matches, 7 kills, 7 wins.
Div 1 ANH 2A 4ac5 2ac10 vs ac2 dwf
Div 2 Mad iic d 2uac20 2srm6 2erml vs ac20 SRM king crab
Div 3 Zeus skokomish mrm40 snub masc vs laservom battle master
Div 4 AWS 8Q 4mpl 3lpl vs laservom black knight
Div 5 HBK iic b 4ssrm6 2spl vs ac5 Dragon
Div 6 Griffin 4asrm6 vs SRM commando
Div 7 Uziel 2mrm20 snub vs ssrm Uziel

#10 Marquis De Lafayette

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 18 October 2018 - 05:54 PM

you lost to a couple of heavier mechs (with builds that are frankly much better than yours) and to a dps urbie (which can be effective) where the pilot was probably just plain better than you....all of which is pretty much what you could probably expected to have happen. I.e......situation normal..

I get that Solaris can be frustrating.....but if you can acknowledge your builds and skill need work (which you did in your OP), just learn what you can from getting beat....attempt to improve and adapt....do so and you will have more success.

#11 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 19 October 2018 - 07:51 AM

Had a match last night, my Anni 2A vs KDK-3. Completely trashed him at range.

Divisions are crap. 7 more bukkets (14 if you bother with waiting in 2v2), and meta rules each division.

#12 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 19 October 2018 - 08:10 AM

Try divisions 3,4,5 very little meta. The top 5 pilots have vastly different builds.

#13 Lurm God

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 06:52 AM

View PostViking Yelling, on 17 October 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

Mech: Centurion-A
Loadout:
1x Uac10,
2x SPL,
2x RL20
Spoiler

I'm not even saying my load out or skill is even that great. I do feel rather disappointed with these few matches. .
Every game that has been a loss has been because of purely Unpredictable match making against mechs that already have an advantage over my mech load out or default quirks.
Ever single game was just boring alpha vomit where no opponent even tried to spread damage, or target select components.

And this is why I don't play Solaris 7.

As I am about 99% sure I was the catapult. I felt bad so didn't kill you as quickly as I could have but your build is horrible. You ran literally in a straight line at me until you reached me at point blank and proceed to try circle strafe at max speed with no variance of speed/juking/useful twisting. I had around a 90 point alpha so pretty sure I 2 shot you in the 2nd match. I hate to harp on the build but your UAC10 is the main weapon and it is RNG based with a fair amount of facetime required, SPL same issue and rockets are literally hit and miss. What would be so wrong with running srm4s and an ac20? It is a manly viable reliable option. I am a patient guy though and if you want to possibly get a bit of help on the piloting side I would be willing to give you a half hour or so of help to work on a few things. And not to just belittle your build that is your prerogative.

Edited by Lurm God, 27 October 2018 - 07:01 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users