Jump to content

Solaris Divisions


14 replies to this topic

#1 BattleBurgers

    Rookie

  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:57 PM

Why does PGI set up their divisions they way they do? The last few times I've dared enter the Solaris arena, I've ended up in a medium or heavy fighting an assault, and once I brought an assault and got to fight a freaking PIRANHA! How hard is it to just match mechs based on their weight class, rather than this convoluted and arbitrary set of divisions that don't in any way reflect the properties of the mechs in them? Am I missing something?

#2 Alcom Isst

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 853 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:38 PM

View PostBattleBurgers, on 18 October 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

Am I missing something?


Yes.

You're missing arm mounts. Posted Image

#3 Deepfryer

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 01:00 AM

Not sure why the ebon jag is 2 tiers higher than the hellbringer. I've never seen an ebon jag in solaris, not even once. And I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a hellbringer in div 4.

QKD-IV4 is a great mech but it should be tier 2 not tier 1.

#4 Dionnsai

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 166 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 05:04 AM

View PostDeepfryer, on 19 October 2018 - 01:00 AM, said:

QKD-IV4 is a great mech but it should be tier 2 not tier 1.


IV4 is a very capable mech and quite able to kill annihilators in the hands of a skilled pilot.

#5 Deepfryer

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 01:39 PM

View PostDionnsai, on 19 October 2018 - 05:04 AM, said:


IV4 is a very capable mech and quite able to kill annihilators in the hands of a skilled pilot.


How many IV4 pilots were in the top 100 of div 1 last season? Any?

#6 Dionnsai

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 166 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:16 AM

View PostDeepfryer, on 19 October 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:


How many IV4 pilots were in the top 100 of div 1 last season? Any?


I finished #35, but admittedly only about 30% of my matches were IV4, the other 70% or so were Annihilator

Tolson finished #11, but I couldn't tell you if 100% of his matches were IV4. Every time I fought him it was tho.

If you want a match that really pushes your skill to the limit tho, IV4 vs Anni is where it's at =D

#7 Lurm God

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 06:41 AM

View PostDeepfryer, on 19 October 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:


How many IV4 pilots were in the top 100 of div 1 last season? Any?


If only we had the technology to check that :P

#8 NecroMechTacular

    Rookie

  • Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 05:55 AM

View PostDionnsai, on 20 October 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:


I finished #35, but admittedly only about 30% of my matches were IV4, the other 70% or so were Annihilator

Tolson finished #11, but I couldn't tell you if 100% of his matches were IV4. Every time I fought him it was tho.

If you want a match that really pushes your skill to the limit tho, IV4 vs Anni is where it's at =D

I played most of my games in IV4 with some in a CPS, finished 70th div 1. It is a struggle, but considering my overall placing was 39th and wasn't running meta cheese in any divs, I'm happy

#9 Duncan1dah0

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 370 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:11 PM

What IV4 build are you using?

#10 Alcom Isst

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 853 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:09 AM

View PostDuncan1dah0, on 12 January 2019 - 02:11 PM, said:

What IV4 build are you using?


This is the highest ranking IV4 build, so presumably this.

Posted Image

#11 Windscape

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 729 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMuricanizing Chinese and Vietmanese

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:08 AM

Didn’t know Tolson was an IV4 pilot :P

Div 1 and 7 are my worst divs

And I was beaten by a lrm ACW

If I was better in the ACW I would try that

Too poor for an IV4, spent my monies on a deathstrike and a cipher

#12 Ghost Paladin117

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:13 PM

View PostDionnsai, on 19 October 2018 - 05:04 AM, said:


IV4 is a very capable mech and quite able to kill annihilators in the hands of a skilled pilot.


Wowowow let's not forget the Arctic Wolf 1

#13 Alcom Isst

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 853 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 14 January 2019 - 03:29 PM

View PostGhost Paladin117, on 14 January 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

Wowowow let's not forget the Arctic Wolf 1

Nah let's completely forget about the Arctic Wolf and all possible counters against it. Posted Image

#14 Thorn Hallis

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,711 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:16 AM

Lets see where the Warhammer IIC will end up. I expect the hero and the other ballistic variant to be in Div 1, with every other variant in Div 2.

#15 Ghost Paladin117

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:40 PM

Meh, it will be Div 1 or 2 but I would wager 2. It wont stand a chance against the mechs in Div 1.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users