Trick Or Treat 4: Update! Phase 2 An Additional 24 Hours Starts Soon!

126 replies to this topic

#121 Sir Shady

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 November 2018 - 05:56 AM

Maybe it's just me.
I've had to spend an awful lot of time even trying to get the first challenge. For someone that works full time and has commitments this event has been a bit of a bust. I'm all for a bit of a challenge, but this time the prerequisites are quite dry compared to others in the past.
Yeah the loot bag rewards are nice. The c-bills are helping fund my next mech. I can't complain too much.

At the same time I can't help but feel a little bit overwhelmed trying to unlock one of the Mech Prizes, it seems like this event was targeted at those who have hours upon hours of free time to chip away at the loot bags.
To sum it up I just feel kinda burned out with this event. I normally enjoy an hour or two of MWO a night after work but unfortunately this event has just made it more of a chore.

Edited by Sir Shady, 01 November 2018 - 06:05 AM.

#122 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:02 AM

View PostSir Shady, on 01 November 2018 - 05:56 AM, said:

Maybe it's just me.
I've had to spend an awful lot of time even trying to get the first challenge. For someone that works full time and a a few commitments this event has been a bit of a bust. I'm all for a bit of a challenge, but this event seems quite dry compared to others in the past.
Yeah the loot bags are nice. The c-bills are helping fund my next mech. I can't complain too much.
At the same time I can't help but feel a little bit overwhelmed trying to unlock one of the Mech Prizes. It seems like this event was targeted at those who have hours upon hours of free time to chip away at the loot bags.
To sum it up I just feel kinda burned out with this event. I normally enjoy an hour or two of MWO a night after work. Unfortunately this event has just made it more of a chore.

I banged them out real fast in Solaris. At the start of any Solaris season, the game mode is fairly active, and it's relatively easy to get 150 match score in divs 1-4. Each match takes like 4-5 minutes (including waiting in queue and loading) so it's like 3x faster than quick play. Also a nice change of pace, 1v1's are... interesting. Though I tend to get overly-salty and angry while doing them, so I should probably limit it.

#123 Sir Shady

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:33 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 01 November 2018 - 06:02 AM, said:

I banged them out real fast in Solaris. At the start of any Solaris season, the game mode is fairly active, and it's relatively easy to get 150 match score in divs 1-4. Each match takes like 4-5 minutes (including waiting in queue and loading) so it's like 3x faster than quick play. Also a nice change of pace, 1v1's are... interesting. Though I tend to get overly-salty and angry while doing them, so I should probably limit it.

Thanks!
I'll have to give it a try. I got stomped my first few games by Meta builds and didn't have the knowledge to counter them. I'll have to give it a try if another event like this comes up.

#124 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:40 AM

View PostSir Shady, on 01 November 2018 - 06:33 AM, said:

Thanks!
I'll have to give it a try. I got stomped my first few games by Meta builds and didn't have the knowledge to counter them. I'll have to give it a try if another event like this comes up.

Keep in mind the Solaris meta is very different from Quick Play meta (at least in some divisions) so bringing a Quick Play mech to Solaris will get you dead real fast. I had decent success doing -

Div 1 - Annihilator ANH-2A (6x AC2, 4 ERML) - Boring, but effective. I lost a fair few mirror matches because I apparently suck at aiming.
Div 2 - Cyclops CP-10-Q (6x ASRM6, ASRM4) - Just go and punch the other guy in the face. Lost 3-4 matches to Piranhas because unless you one-shot it, it insta-wins because you cannot fight back. They are very annoying.
Div 3 - Victor VTR-9S (3x ASRM6, AC20) - Like the Cyclops, go brawl the other guy. Lost a few games to other Victors, or Orions.
Div 4 - Zeus ZEU-9S (6x MPL, MRM40) - Stay at ~300 meters if possible and just go for the CT. Probably my favorite division actually.
Div 5 - Crab CRB-27B (5x MPL, STD Engine) - Zombie crab! Just focus fire specific enemy weakpoints. Very fun.

Divs 6 and 7 I sucked at, and couldn't find a mech I liked. Div 6 I tried a Cicada with 5 MPL and had mixed results, Div 7 I used an Uziel with 2 MRM30 and had mixed results.

#125 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 07:22 PM

C-Bill Air Strike Total 9
C-Bill Artillery Total 9
C-Bill Cool Shot Total 15
C-Bill UAV Total 14
C-Bills Total 8,225,000
Cockpit Hanging - Chandelier Halloween 2017 Total 3
Cockpit Hanging - NUKE Cockpit Standing - PUMPKIN Total 2
Cockpit Hanging - SCARED Cockpit Standing - PUMPKIN Total 3
Cockpit Hanging - SKULL Cockpit Standing - PUMPKIN Total 5
Cockpit Hanging - SMILING Cockpit Standing - PUMPKIN Total 3
Cockpit Hanging - STITCHED Cockpit Standing - PUMPKIN Total 2
Cockpit Standing - PUMPKIN Total 4
Cockpit Standing - Skull Halloween 2017 Total 1
Cockpit Warhorn - Gravestone Halloween 2017 Total 4
MC Total 2055
PT Total 13
GXP Total 12900

Thank you PGI for the awesome haul!

#126 Van mw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationWar zone

Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:08 PM

How can I open all those 250 bags in one click? Or in two Posted Image ?

#127 Zaptiah

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts
  • LocationBeautiful North Carolina

Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:31 AM

View PostSir Shady, on 01 November 2018 - 05:56 AM, said:

Maybe it's just me.
I've had to spend an awful lot of time even trying to get the first challenge. For someone that works full time and has commitments this event has been a bit of a bust. I'm all for a bit of a challenge, but this time the prerequisites are quite dry compared to others in the past.
Yeah the loot bag rewards are nice. The c-bills are helping fund my next mech. I can't complain too much.

At the same time I can't help but feel a little bit overwhelmed trying to unlock one of the Mech Prizes, it seems like this event was targeted at those who have hours upon hours of free time to chip away at the loot bags.
To sum it up I just feel kinda burned out with this event. I normally enjoy an hour or two of MWO a night after work but unfortunately this event has just made it more of a chore.

I cant agree with this sentiment enough. I have an actual life and responsibilities out in the real world so that means I don't get most of these event rewards. When PGI makes this this obviously tailored to the folks that do play unendingly it just drives players like me away. I am one of those players that used to actually pay real money from time to time to have a few shiny toys and a little less grind. But I think I'm finally done with it supporting this anymore. I have played since the beginning and recently some of the actions I have seen or had done are just not worth the grind. I can just play 1 or 2 times a week and get my kicks. Its a shame really since the game is probably my favorite, I thinks its beautiful and fun, but the grind and lack care by the devs and the lack of teamwork are a real turn off. This event was good timing though since I was about to give in a buy another mech pack since I am absolutely smitten with the Flea :D lol. After loosing MC to a bug and being ignored and multiple events that I just cant do because I cant "live in a game" I just dont see the point anymore. I'd like to say i'm angry but really I'm sad ... I'm seeing the game that was going in a great direction being wrecked by its own devs ... but oh hey I do want to thank the devs for saving me 50 bucks on that Flea ultimate mech pack.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users