3 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 24 October 2018 - 08:34 AM

Escalators, who knew. I watched a clip on the news were an escalator in Rome went nuts and several people were hurt. In the U.S. alone, over 10,000 people as seriously injured each year. I also leaned that at the top and bottom of said rolling steps are emergency stop switches. Thought I would share this with everyone, just in case.

#2 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 October 2018 - 09:51 AM

Guess you never watched this movie then. :P

#3 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:37 AM

Just in time for Halloween too!

#4 EchoHotel

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 15 posts
  • LocationStranded In Iowa

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:05 PM

I used to work at a movie theater that had an escalator coming up from the ground floor right in front of the ticket booth. I think they might have gone as far as having a psych on call to talk the ticket booth people through the trauma.
Oh lord the stories, bare feet, foam flipflops, dress shoes, sneakers, if you don't have steel toes it will chew through it. Also I'm not sure on the exact numbers but I'm pretty certain that the 90 lb tensile strength of cotton shoelaces can apply enough shearing force to snap your ankle, don't buy leather or Kevlar shoelaces kids...
The basic problem as I understand it is this, you know the story of the katana so sharp they used silk to hone (grind and sharpen) the blade? Escalators are kinda like that, the lightest touch from the belts over years and decades sharpens the edges to a razor sharp mirror finish.
Sweet dreams kids...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users