Event Scoring...is It Working Correctly ?

5 replies to this topic

#1 dwwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 476 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 01:27 PM

Event 1 while stille running seems to have stopped registering lootbags.

#2 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 01:29 PM

[delete by user]

Edited by Throe, 08 November 2018 - 03:38 PM.

#3 dwwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 476 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 01:40 PM

The wording is also poor...should you earn 4 lootbags if you have 600 match score ?

Edited by dwwolf, 24 October 2018 - 01:44 PM.

#4 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:44 PM

View Postdwwolf, on 24 October 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

The wording is also poor...should you earn 4 lootbags if you have 600 match score ?

If you haven't collected your maximum of 25 loot bags for the 50 match score challenge then yes, but not in the way you're thinking. Currently if you haven't played since the event started a single match with a 150 match score or higher will now net you four loot bags.

For me, I've already got my 25 loot bags for the 50 match score so getting a 150 or higher match score will get me three loot bags; one each for the 80, 100, and 150 match score challenges. Once I get all twenty five 80 match score loot bags I'll then be down to two loot bags per 150 or higher match score. After I've gotten the 100 loot bags from the 100 match score challenge I'll be down to one loot bag per 150 or higher match score.

Edited by Ruccus, 24 October 2018 - 02:46 PM.

#5 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:42 PM

[delete by user]

Edited by Throe, 08 November 2018 - 03:38 PM.

#6 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 24 October 2018 - 11:00 PM

View PostThroe, on 24 October 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

Yeah, I don't think that was the original intent. Which is why I'm saying the event tracking for Phase 1 would've ended already, logically. It simply doesn't make sense for anyone attempting to get all the bags to bother during the first Phase, knowing they're going to be able to get all 250 bags just by getting 150 match score 100 times during Phase 2.

But, even if it was a typo, and Phase 1 event tracking has ended, they're going to have to make it last the full duration now regardless.

I'm just thankful they can be earned in *any* game mode, since it's pretty easy to score even 150 match score in Solaris if you take an Assault in one of several Divisions. I can even manage a 150 match score in some of my smaller 'Mechs, so long as I win.

It wasn't a typo; as Matt Newman mentioned in this thread regarding the event:

View PostMatt Newman, on 19 October 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

Yes they overlap
and yes you could wait until Phase 2 started and go loot bag farmer Mode!
However, you could miss out on some sweet sweet Decals.

During Phase 1 I wasn't playing MWO to get loot bags, I was playing MWO to skill up my Champions and doing the Decal Days. I've decided for the event I would put a decal on my Champion CHP-1N(S) each day I completed the objective so at the moment my CHP-1N(S) has 6 event decals on it (though I replaced the 'Cat Eye' decals from day 2 with 'Creeper Eye' decals from day 5).

It should take me around 50 more matches to get to 200 for the Hellspawn (I already own four Arctic Wolf Omnimechs including a c-bill bonus variant so a fifth one doesn't appeal to me), then I'll probably skill up the HSN-8P and my unmastered Champions to get the final 100 match score loot bags and Buccaneer pattern (which I should hit at around the same time) leaving me to decide whether to do the final twenty five 150 match score loot bags for the Gravestone cockpit item (though I might end up getting the final loot bags through just doing the last of the Decal Days objectives).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users