Rite of Acceptance

9 replies to this topic

#1 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

There is an obsure tradition that allows a Khan to form a new clan, is known as the Rite of Acceptance.

Reasons
The reason why some clansmen might consider this is because they feel that their own clan does not give them proper respect, or they warrior might have their own ambitions. The other reason why most clansmen would never do this is because they feel prideful in serving their clan.

Qualifications
In order to form your own clan you must have a Bloodname, but that is not enough to qualify. You must also have the rank of Star Colonel or Galaxy Commander.You must also have a reason of why you are doing so. Then the Clan Council will cast their vote, if the reason is approved then the individual warrior must compete in a Trial of Refusal. If the warrior wins he or she may form their own clan becoming the new Khan of that clan, should the warrior lose they will suffer the punishment of the winning party. However if the Clan Council find both and your warriors dezgra or a nuisance they may split you without reason. Clan Wolf(In-Exile) is a notable example of that.

Keepsake Units
Sometimes new clans may keep their heritage from their parent clan. They would capture binaries or other isorla related to that clan. Sometimes paint schemes, colors or logos may be seen.

Bloodnames
New Clans always share the Bloodnames of their parent clans. However they may make a new bloodname without an ilKhan or do Propegation Trials for Bloodnames.

Clan Gaunlet
To determine what allies will best suit them, they may challenge any three Clans to a gauntlet. Mostly a trial of possession will ensue in the the style of zellbringen. If the new clan can defeat any warrior of that clan, they become their allies.

Oath
After the new clan is created they must recite an oath to the Grand Council to determine their alligance to the Crusader or Warden camp.

Crusader Oath:
I Khan "Name" of Clan "Name" shall lead the Clans to Kerensky's Vision.
I will follow the Clan Way and lead others to that path.
In the name of Star League, our will and drive will strengthen us.
The Crusader way will guide me to the Inner Sphere
And someday, Terra."

Warden Oath:
I Khan "Name" of Clan "Name" shall lead the Clans to Kerensky's Vision.
I will follow the Clan Way and let others follow that path.
In the name of the Star League, we will stand guard
And strike our enemies who wish to cause harm.
I will embrace the Warden Way and protect Inner Sphere
When we are needed the most."

Aftermath
Once everything is done, the new clan may set themselves up however they wish.

This fiction is based after the book, The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky. I just wanted to expand on the obscure clan tradition mentioned in the book.

Edited by Will9761, 25 July 2012 - 04:19 PM.

#2 Gabopentin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBoro,UK

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

Bit early for this. You got at least a year to wait. So what are you going to do in the meantime? Farmville.

#3 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

Actually, I was talking about the book, not the game. And I don't like Farmville.

#4 Gabopentin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBoro,UK

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

Books are a good read. Got the whole 67 titles on my ereader. And the 23 Dark times titles :rolleyes:

#5 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

Where did you see this in The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky? What page?

#6 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

Page 56 on the right corner and third paragraph.

#7 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

Uh no.

Posted Image

I checked 55 & 57 in case you were off by a page & neither of them have that. Please get your facts correct.

#8 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 25 July 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

I checked 55 & 57 in case you were off by a page & neither of them have that. Please get your facts correct.

I should have detailed it more, it really does start on page 56 but I meant to say it starts on the very bottom right paragraph to where it says, "Another obscure tradition only used twice to my knowledge enables a Khan to split off part of a Clan and form a new Clan" It does extend but stops on page 57 when they talk about an Inner Sphere example like the Draconis Combine forming the Free Rasalhauge Republic. Thank you for telling me my mistake though.

Edited by Will9761, 25 July 2012 - 04:14 PM.

#9 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

I was joking with you. :blush:

#10 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother