112 replies to this topic

#101 Skull Rucker

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 09:47 AM

MechaMan!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Skull Rucker, 27 October 2018 - 09:49 AM.

#102 salimander138

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 09:51 AM

the obligatory Sonic!
Posted Image

#103 Alvar Von Kenesthor

• PipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 27 October 2018 - 12:01 PM

Don't ya dare go outa ther' touchin' mah eggs!
Posted Image

(Edit: Angry bird)

Edited by Alvar Von Kenesthor, 27 October 2018 - 12:02 PM.

#104 Krombopulos K Michael

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 08:13 PM

View PostApocalypticoreo, on 26 October 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

Posted Image

I thought this was All Might

Posted Image

#105 Konfu2ius

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 11:42 PM

Mega Man X

Posted Image

#106 Alexandros

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 153 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:51 AM

Stalker (Bullet)Bill Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#107 SgtHorror

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 53 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:34 AM

here is quickdraw
pls klick Posted Image for bigger pic
Posted Image

Edited by SgtHorror, 28 October 2018 - 04:34 AM.

#108 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 October 2018 - 09:55 AM

View PostTina Benoit, on 26 October 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

Time and Dates:
This is the last contest thread and it will be closing within 24 hours, by 11AM PDT Saturday!

Why is this still open? It should have been closed nearly 24 h ago.

View PostHandsomeJBW, on 28 October 2018 - 03:41 AM, said:

You can say anything, but in your message that i posted before - it’s obvious that you "liked" post several times. Also, after i asked you to "like" post - you said : "[color=#959595]could you like mine too? fair is fair.[/color]Posted Image[color=#959595] im the pennywise nova cat cant miss me[/color]" ". So a liar - is you.
PGI can check the history of messages between you and determine what actually transpired.

Edited by Horseman, 28 October 2018 - 10:11 AM.

#109 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 10:16 AM

Yes it was supposed to be closed 23 hours after it was opened. But like every Friday it appears everyone left PGI's offices in a rush and now this won't get closed until Monday. :/
Hmm and so I'm going to have a little bit of fun here because I ran out of popcorn.

Can a Moderator or Dev Please delete OR move those few whining posts that are derailing this EVENT Topic???

Additionally those posts violate the forums NAME AND SHAME POLICY (UPDATED 2013/02/26)
https://mwomercs.com...dated-20130226/
The very first line makes this crystal:
"making references to inappropriate behavior of other players, both in-game and on the forums. This type of thread is sometimes referred to as a “Name & Shame” thread and is specifically prohibited by our Code of Conduct."

Also under:
"Q: Why is the discussion of specific players who have violations of the Terms of Use prohibited?
A: We wish to foster constructive discussion by routing violations through the proper channels for our review. This policy exists to prevent users from being targeted without reason. Ie. Another player isn't allowed to make a thread that complains about you, whether or not the situation occurred and regardless of whether or not their complaint is warranted."

https://mwomercs.com/conduct
The Code of Conduct's Sections:
HARASSMENT / DEFAMATION / INSULTS / TOXICITY
"Naming and shaming the alleged misconduct of another individual, including but not limited to accusations of cheating or exploiting."
SPAMMING / TROLLING / UNCONSTRUCTIVE BEHAVIOR
"Causing disturbances, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that derail a discussion, or insulting other individuals."

Eventually this brings us to the Contest Rules...

https://mwomercs.com...-contest-rules/

7. Odds of Winning.
"For Community Contests, odds of winning will depend on the quality and number of entries received in a Contest, as well as (as applicable) subjective judging in accordance with the Contest Post Terms. All Winners will be determined by the Sponsors, and all such determinations will be final."

So what does that mean in regards to this event???
The number of votes received can determine if a player wins, but those votes are subject to being judged by PGI for validity, and if PGI determines some exploit like multiple Alt accounts created to vote (alts are against ToS) then PGI might use its discretion and determine another winner instead and may do so at any time.

But section 12 starts to make this contest very interesting; 12. General Rules.
"This Contest and these Contest Rules shall be at all times governed, construed and evaluated according to British Columbia law."
First off, it appears BC (British Columbia) uses a 3 vote system.
Were everyone can pick up to 3 people to vote for with their first pick being held in priority until that candidate is eliminated from a count, then their 2nd pick would be counted, etc. They call it "Ranked Ballet Voting" https://elections.bc.ca/

So for BC voting laws, its considered an exploit when targeting people who were seen as key to swaying the result.
And vote swaying/exploiting is certainly a concern after someone posted above that they have hundreds of followers...
For example, this way of doing things in BC goes so far that some have accused people in the UK of exploiting Brexit vote!!
https://www.cbc.ca/n...ytica-1.4594668

SUMMARY: The posts in question violate Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and (imo) PGI's Contest Rules, and British Columbia voting laws which PGI appears to refer to in the event of any force majeure.

Full disclosure: I've no bone in this dog fight. Especially this "voting" popularity contest I get at most 2 maybe 3 votes, because there are other far-far more creative people here who are able to make some pretty wonderful looking mechs into other interesting things.
Also they just don't go taking swings at others for fun like I just did with this post. :P

#110 Duke Mizanamus

Rookie

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 01:19 PM

First i have to say this last event has been really good, alot of good entries, and its so hard to just pick one to vote for this time.
alot of my original ideas was taken, and alot of things i didnt expect to see.

so here goes my Tycus

Posted Image

#111 Renegade Kommandant

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:38 PM

Piranha Games Presents Mechwarrior Online

Posted Image

#112 Dirty Swampfrog

• Pip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 03:28 PM

In a City in need of a Hero, there will always be a Game that Rises..
Posted Image

Edited by Dirty Swampfrog, 28 October 2018 - 03:28 PM.

#113 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:23 AM

Congratulations to Lawrence J Flagg for winning the contest with the most Likes!!
And a congratulations to Thwunk for winning the staff vote!

Please PM me your desired mech pack!

Lawrence J Flagg
https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6181323

Thwunk
https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6181570

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users