#21 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 28 October 2018 - 05:07 PM

Best case scenario:

They have made some changes/improvements. We wait until Mechon until it's announced (as per Pauls post linked above)

Worst case scenario:

They have made some plans. They'll tell us what they are at Mechcon and when we might get them.

Either way we are getting no more info until Mechcon. No amount of asking, pleading or threats to quit is going to change that.

I suggest we all just wait (albeit impatiently) and offer any suggestions or criticisms at that time. You have a month or so to sharpen pitchforks properly on the off chance there is no announcement made at Mechcon.

I personally am not going to be holding my breath.

#22 AlphaPiAlpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 28 October 2018 - 08:20 PM

View Postslide, on 28 October 2018 - 05:07 PM, said:

You have a month or so to sharpen pitchforks properly on the off chance there is no announcement made at Mechcon.

*sharpens pitchforks*
Pitchforks, 15 bucks!
Pitchfork pack of 3 only 50$ (buy 3, loose 5 bucks, only for a short time)!
Ultimate Pitchfork pack, 75$, 3 pitchforks in 3 colors plus sharpener!

Order your pitchfork now and be prepared for MechCon!
*scnr*

Edited by Gartenlaube, 28 October 2018 - 08:21 PM.

#23 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 October 2018 - 03:46 AM

View PostGartenlaube, on 27 October 2018 - 11:01 PM, said:

Last patches ALL needed a hotfix some hours or one day later.

Its actually easier to count patches that did not need a hot fix at all, I think you only need one hand to count.
Since PGI's invention of a Hot fix instead of letting the players wait till next patch.

Though the severity of the hotfix was different each time

View PostAppogee, on 27 October 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

Having limited the scope of improvements at the outset to 'low effort' suggestions, it's even more extraordinary that nothing at all has been implemented.

It is a new low when you have a suggestion in the list that could be put into the game in 5 minutes with a hot fix, yet we don't even get feedback if they are even still thinking about the whole endeavour.

View PostJavin, on 28 October 2018 - 07:07 AM, said:

Heck just release the map tools. Let US make the maps for PGI. They get free labor and we get new content!

While I agree, we are talking about changes to FP that are as easy as increasing the conquest timer from 1250 to 1500.
Not sure what kind of big meeting, discussions and coding work that requires. Posted Image

Edited by Peter2k, 29 October 2018 - 03:48 AM.

#24 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 04:37 AM

View PostPeter2k, on 29 October 2018 - 03:46 AM, said:

While I agree, we are talking about changes to FP that are as easy as increasing the conquest timer from 1250 to 1500.
Not sure what kind of big meeting, discussions and coding work that requires. Posted Image

This, makes you really wonder was Paul here only to sweet talk us, or did they really meant to do anything. Anyway, I am afraid that until mechcon even those that are still playing now, will simply go away, abandoning what PGI abandoned so long ago. After all, if they can not change conquest timer from 1250 to 1500 in 3 months, what can they do?

#25 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 29 October 2018 - 07:36 AM

View PostvonJerg, on 29 October 2018 - 04:37 AM, said:

After all, if they can not change conquest timer from 1250 to 1500 in 3 months, what can they do?

I know lots of folks have mentioned it and asked for it but I don’t think that is any sort of guarantee that such a change is in the works; so it may not be a question of making this particular change in three months, but rather, that this particular change is not in the works at all.

Now Paul did state that his various listings of things the community wants and things he has himself has mentioned (see FP podcast follow up thread in Developer Outreach as well as Ash’s original FP thread) that such listings are not to be viewed as being limited to just those items, but still, it may be noteworthy that in none of the exchanges that he has engaged in thus far is increaseing the conquest timer even listed once. Maybe it will happen, maybe it won’t, but I wouldn’t hold my breath in anticipation.

Frankly, Paul seems far more focused on the mechanics of how the queue operates and how events or even regular play can be made to give a sense of progression (See his comments as well as the video he put up in the aforementioned FP follow up thread). Those changes may end up being great but there is no gurantee that any of our own personal recommendations or change requests will be part of whatever he ends up announcing as the next version of FP.

#26 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 08:29 AM

View PostvonJerg, on 29 October 2018 - 04:37 AM, said:

Anyway, I am afraid that until mechcon even those that are still playing now, will simply go away, abandoning what PGI abandoned so long ago.

Planning to put more emphasis in other games too by the end of this year too, not that MWO is too niche but MWO is currently an idle ship with leaks in the hull and a delusional crew - no future goal (like really we gotta wait till mechcon every year for big updates), all kinds of issues from terrain bugs, poor hit-regs, bad matchmaker, poor balance (new patch may be fun but not necessarily balanced), ****** chat UI and developers that are honestly lost. And don't get me started on the player population. Kinda sad about the current state of the game is, like MWO could have been so much more.

#27 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 03:43 AM

The ONLY way PGI will do anything is to have the customers "stop spending".... MONEY is the only thing PGI will listen to..... It's obvious that tweets, emails or forums mean nothing to this crew.....

As I have said before, dealing with Canadian corporations is a little unique....... Small niche markets are bad enough but, having a Canadian corporation in an exclusive, small niche market with a strong IP value proposition..............well, in business terms, that is the worst possible situation I've ever faced......

I ran into this once two decades ago after being asked to fix a similar situation outside of the gaming industry.... Oh my, I promised back then I'd never get involved with mixed nationality small niche markets ever again. Yes, we were able to get "stuff" turned around BUT, it was to the point we had to "draw them pictures" and "physically have customers show up" to illustrate, demonstrate, discuss and walk the corporation through why they stopped spending !!!

Here is what those customers wanted:

"We want is now (the products and services); at a time and place of our choosing; with input as to what we need; and, at a cost we can afford...."

In reality, this is how that corporation was actually operating...

"We will tell you what you must have or have done (after all, we are the OEM and you have no choice, eh?!); where we say and when we find it convenient to do the work (you will come to us: period); we do not care what you think you need (because we know what is best: for our products and bottom line); and, it costs what it costs (because you have no choice, eh?!)"

I suspect, what we are dealing with in MWO, is the same thing......

#28 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:26 AM

View PostAsym, on 30 October 2018 - 03:43 AM, said:

The ONLY way PGI will do anything is to have the customers "stop spending".... MONEY is the only thing PGI will listen to..... It's obvious that tweets, emails or forums mean nothing to this crew.....

As I have said before, dealing with Canadian corporations is a little unique....... Small niche markets are bad enough but, having a Canadian corporation in an exclusive, small niche market with a strong IP value proposition..............well, in business terms, that is the worst possible situation I've ever faced......

I ran into this once two decades ago after being asked to fix a similar situation outside of the gaming industry.... Oh my, I promised back then I'd never get involved with mixed nationality small niche markets ever again. Yes, we were able to get "stuff" turned around BUT, it was to the point we had to "draw them pictures" and "physically have customers show up" to illustrate, demonstrate, discuss and walk the corporation through why they stopped spending !!!

Here is what those customers wanted:

"We want is now (the products and services); at a time and place of our choosing; with input as to what we need; and, at a cost we can afford...."

In reality, this is how that corporation was actually operating...

"We will tell you what you must have or have done (after all, we are the OEM and you have no choice, eh?!); where we say and when we find it convenient to do the work (you will come to us: period); we do not care what you think you need (because we know what is best: for our products and bottom line); and, it costs what it costs (because you have no choice, eh?!)"

I suspect, what we are dealing with in MWO, is the same thing......

Oh please, small canadian corporations. It sounds like you're describing apple, lol

#29 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:08 PM

Well if you ask me, the changes are too late and even if they come out it most likely won't be enough to get people in faction play.
Heck I'm inactive like hell from the entire game.
I used to pull quite a bit of people that are not regulars for faction play all the time but as time went on even that became difficult let alone the people in my friendlist just completely stopped playing all together like me (although I still come online once every few weeks).

BUT HECK PGI IS MORE WORRIED ABOUT LASER X HAVING A COOLDOWN INCREASE OF 0,20 SECONDS AND LASER Y DAMAGE DECREASE FOR 1 ET CETERA!

Posted Image

#30 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 05:34 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 30 October 2018 - 05:26 AM, said:

Oh please, small canadian corporations. It sounds like you're describing apple, lol

No, never Apple, thank-God !

But, what I related is a real story...... And, since I have dealt in Corporate Change Management for a long time, this story is unique for my team with Canadian corporations: especially, small niche, high value markets with strong IP identification......
Mech Warrior is an extreme IP value proposition.....and, that's what makes this so much harder to remediate or fix....

For every "point" of IP assurances and expectations, you'll find "5 points" of change resistance... And, these small niche markets tend to be extremely "international" and that alone, makes for all sorts of mischief and complications......

I'd love to start this game over again and take that IP value for a drive....... Of course, I'm not Canadian and how I'd take MWO on is radically different than what PGI is doing.....cause, I've fixed small niche, international corporations before, And, I might add, the corrections were startling simple and inexpensive (relatively by scale) to the returns...... Remember, Culture trumps Process 100% of the time so, you must fix the culture before you even discuss the process.........

#31 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:45 PM

View PostAsym, on 01 November 2018 - 05:34 AM, said:

Remember, Culture trumps Process 100% of the time so, you must fix the culture before you even discuss the process.........

Something the Australian Cricket team is slowly learning after it was caught red handed ball tampering. The CEO of Cricket Australia just got his *** handed to him with his win at all cost attitude filtering down to the actual players forcing them to cheat. An embarrassment that will take a long time to live down.

#32 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:02 AM

View PostAppogee, on 27 October 2018 - 12:25 AM, said:

Suggestions offered by community: more than a thousand.

Changes made by PGI: zero.

That's quite shabby disregard for some of your best and most loyal customers, PGI.

I personally hope it's taking this long because they are reworking a significant portion of Faction Play.. Also, I would not expect any announcements or changes before Mechcon, cose' they are saving all the big things for that..

It's only logical..

#33 Van mw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationWar zone

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:38 AM

link

View PostPaul Inouye, on 07 November 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

Sorry for the radio silence here folks... have my head burried in the PODs at the moment. The QoL changes will be coming soon.. prob the Dec patch. We're still scheduling the discussion points that are beyond QoL but it's still unknown for a tentative release date. More info will be know AT and POST MechCon.

#34 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:09 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 08 November 2018 - 01:02 AM, said:

I personally hope it's taking this long because they are reworking a significant portion of Faction Play..

Nope. Paul posted elsewhere that he has been working on Super Pods.

#35 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:37 AM

22 days till Mech Con.. just have to wait and see.

#36 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:35 AM

View PostVan mw, on 08 November 2018 - 01:38 AM, said:

Okay. I'm actually pretty content with that.

#37 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSchools out at the Coventry Academy...

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:33 AM

So am I. Just keep playing guys!

I'm not pushing anyone to go out and spend a bunch of $$, but this game is still FUN. I get online for the stompy robots AND a community that is much less toxic than a lot of other games out there. I'd hate to see us lose that just because the game isn't exactly perfect...

#38 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:41 AM

View PostAppogee, on 08 November 2018 - 02:09 AM, said:

Nope. Paul posted elsewhere that he has been working on Super Pods.

that's the impression I got when he said he is designing the electricals for the pods

a company will actually install the wiring

#39 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:10 AM

And what are these pod things he's working on?

#40 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:59 AM

View PostKhalcruth, on 09 November 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

And what are these pod things he's working on?

Just a MW5 demo station. Will be designed to look like a cockpit with curved screens fitted in.

Edited by Nightbird, 09 November 2018 - 11:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users