New Quirk For Clan Erppc

4 replies to this topic

#1 Wild Kadabra

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 12:40 AM

The HSL quirk is a fantastic new quirk that has taken some mechs out of obscurity and into a much more useful roll, I remember the days when seeing an awesome was like seeing a relic of old, but now they are back and kicking. Hopefully some other mechs like the King Crab will get a similar quirk soon.

On the topic of new quirks, one quirk I'd like to see is giving just CERTAIN clan mechs true pinpoint 15 damage ERPPC. This quirk would only be available to clan mechs that: a) are underperformers B) come with an ERPPC in their default loadout c) cannot exploit the quirk using the ominpod system

Examples of such mechs:

*Viper A: It comes default with an ERPPC and with its limited pod space cannot realistically carry more than one.

*Adder: The iconic ERPPC clan light mech, it has nothing going for it as far as light mechs go, with this quirk it should reclaim its title tiny but deadly

#2 Sable Dove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 12:50 AM

I'm against weapon-specific quirks of any kind. If forces variants to either use a limited range of builds, or be at a disadvantage. Quirks are supposed to make up for the drawbacks of a mech in general, not be a "use this build to be viable" tool.

#3 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 October 2018 - 02:49 AM

View PostSable Dove, on 25 October 2018 - 12:50 AM, said:

I'm against weapon-specific quirks of any kind. If forces variants to either use a limited range of builds, or be at a disadvantage. Quirks are supposed to make up for the drawbacks of a mech in general, not be a "use this build to be viable" tool.

I am fine with these quirks like the HSL one and weapon-specific.

If we look at the overall picture, homogenized quirks just leave inferior mechs in the dust and it's all meta. Weapon-specific quirks on under-performing chassis make them fun to use even if that use is niche.

There are enough meta-mechs around for top players. I firmly believe that specializing the unpopular variants is much better than letting them rot in obscurity. There is a portion of the player-base that likes this and it won't matter to meta players because they will stick to their meta mechs.

#4 Kodiak Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 935 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 October 2018 - 10:53 AM

I Like this idea, it would bring back the few chassis that are pretty much dead due to low hardpoint count or low pod space. Obviously the mechs that would benifit the most being Ice Ferret, Viper, Adder and possibly Summoner

#5 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 08:52 AM

Full support for this sort of thing on chassis that have terrible geometry or where the iconic loadout is so anti-meta that it needs halp to be viable. Maybe the guns are by it's knees because it gets you a 20% faster reload ;) Maybe those arms are so big because they are made of armour or because things in them cool off faster. I mean cmon... why IS a maulers med laser bigger than a gauss rifle? It must be better somehow...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users