2021 System Requirements

5 replies to this topic

#1 GuardDogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 04:05 PM

Been about a decade or more, since MWO became beta to players. The min requirements then was;

MechWarrior Online minimum requirements:
CPU: Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz / Athlon II X2 245e
GPU: GeForce 8800GT / Radeon HD 5600/5700
RAM: 4 GB
DirectX: DX9
HDD Space: 4 GB

Today it is:
Minimum;
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel: Core 2 Duo E7300 @ 2.66 GHz / AMD: Athlon 64 X2 6400+ @ 3.2GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA: 8800 GT / AMD: Radeon HD 5670
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 16 GB available space
Additional Notes: 45GB temporarily required during installation

Recommended:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel: Core i5-3470 @ 3.20 GHz / AMD: FX-6300 @ 3.5 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA: GeForce GTX 660 / AMD: Radeon HD 7870
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 45 GB available space.

My (Most of us) have systems past Recommended.

My Computer Specs;

AMD Ryzen 2600x
MSI Mortar Motherboard
32GB (4x8gb) G Skill Aegis 3000 (More GB`s for DCS)
For MWO: Corsair K55 Keyboard, Scimitar Pro mouse (more buttons for MWO)
EVGA 1080ti
1GB Hard Drive (files, stuff)
512GB M.2 int NAND SSD (WD (boot))
2 Monitors (32in "acer", and 27in "LG")

And still struggle with graphic settings. On some maps, I get polys that flicker on and off, even some ground polys disappear. Some buildings polys flicker. On conquest; Base barrier (lighting red/blue), show that AA is not doing its work, but also shows other areas I get blocky lines. Shadow Draws on map/buildings as I walk forward. As if the shadows is not there already. But move close, the shadows show up (draw). I have everything on max settings (High). I play with Nvidia settings (Post AA, MSAA, FXAA, TXAA), and also in MWO graphic settings. No matter what I do, the results are the same. No problems on other games. Only MWO. Mostly like to fix the shadow draw.

Edited by GuardDogg, 27 September 2021 - 04:50 PM.

#2 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 10:48 PM

This thread has been moved to Workarounds.
We hope you'll get some helpful tipps here!

#3 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 12:35 AM

The flickerinh is normal. U cant do much about it. Engine is borked. Your gpu is already overkill. Cpu wies u are fine, your "bottleneck" is single core speed pf the 2000 ryzen (nur u should be fine here)

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 19 October 2021 - 03:36 AM

What subforum was this post sitting in?

1. Power Options - Set to High Performance
2. Nvidia panel - Power Management Mode set to Max Performance
3. Since this appears to be an older system based on its components - double check that all heatsinks are clear of dust build up. People do not do this enough.
4. It is not worth it to play on High settings with everything, as this old engine would require work that PGI does not have on staff.
5. And ditto on what Ignatius said, especially the single-core speed being the bottleneck. OC that sucker to get some life out of it.

#5 Nation Uprise

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 October 2021 - 12:35 PM

I've built 3 different computers since this game was in closed beta back in 2012, and all specifically to run this game. Not one of those builds were ever able to run this game stably, even though I always had hardware above the recommended specs. I started with an Athlon II X4 640 and an HD 6770, then an i5-4690k and an R7 360, and finally a Ryzen 7 3700X and a RX 5700. Till this day I can't maintain 60fps at 1080p. I've tried so many different combinations of graphics settings and all the user.cfg tweaks I could find. I've even tried using an injector that allows MWO to use AMD's FSR, so that I could lower the resolution but still get a decently clear and upscaled picture, and the game still drops frames when there's a decent amount of action happening. I've been battling with this game for almost a decade just to get a stable performance, and I'm beyond tired.

Edited by Nation Uprise, 19 October 2021 - 06:51 PM.

#6 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 20 October 2021 - 12:17 AM

It usually comes down to optimising cpu core usage; MWO is particularly dumb at not being able to take advantage of multi-core processors; also, it does lean more towards NVidia gpu & Intel set ups.

Tarl's list is pretty much spot on, but you may want to dig a little deeper into game specific settings to make sure core boosts and multi-threading are optimal, drop anisotropic filters and dump the effects until you are running at a minimal graphic build, then slowly increase settings v frame rate.

I used to get 75 - 85 fps off of an old i7-2600 and a GT 545 (still do when my son partners up and I drop back to the work PC), so not sure of your issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users