New Solaris Mode

2 replies to this topic

#1 Dregian Bloodwrath

• PipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:53 AM

I have long been a fan of mwechwarriors my most favorite was mechwarriors 4 and then came mwo .. i love solaris but its missing something .. the free for all that can be found in mechwarriors 4 .. not only do i think it will be fun but also it will bring a change to solaris.

#2 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 06:32 AM

Lot of people still want the free for all mode. I have to say I would not mind it. I would rather see something new though, completely new. Don't have any ideas on the topic myself but I am sure someone can propose something fun.

#3 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 23 December 2018 - 07:20 AM

I don't like the idea of adding another bucket to MWO's current bucket collection... especially with the dwindling playerbase.

But then I also don't like the three seaons and continuous nature of Solaris 1v1. A three month season is way to long with the way 1v1 is currently setup, especially with the way the gamemode encourages you to play 25 matches and then immediately skedaddle at the risk of undoing your early Elo gains and end-of-season rewards. Also having Solaris be continuous causes some serious burnout and disinterest in the 1v1 novelty.

What should maybe happen is one-month seasons, alternating between the 1v1 mode and the deathmatch mode.

Of course then you need to like, design a deathmatch mode in MechWarrior Online that doesn't encourage absurdly passive play and preservation of one's own armor. There are some potential solutions. You can take a tip from battle-royale games and have shrinking map boundaries. You can play with sensors, mechs that don't do enough damage light up like a christmas tree and are more open to attacks. You can do careful level design that forces players to play aggressively. You can also do some super sacrilegious stuff like add repair or recovery mechanics.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users