Another Locked Out Fp Period?

42 replies to this topic

#41 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:05 AM

If you ask me, being a loyalist right now is pretty dumb.. you need to be able to switch between the meaningless factions with 3 clicks. The game's state demands it so right now.

Otherwise, you miss out like this.

I earned about 4500MC from the last FP events and the thanksgiving event.. That's enough to buy an assault Hero mech on sale.. What would have I gotten if I were a loyalist? Some small self-imagined sense of honor or belonging? To what?

I know it's fun and comforting to "belong" somewhere.. but in this game.. it is meaningless right now..

Maybe when they rework FP, factions will mean something again.. untill then.. a Merc's life for me!

Edited by Vellron2005, 08 November 2018 - 01:12 AM.

#42 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:13 AM

View PostRick T Dangerous, on 03 November 2018 - 07:22 AM, said:

PGI knows best. If they think it's best to take a break from this game, I won't argue. C ya in 2!

dum dum no gum gum!

#43 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:01 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 07 November 2018 - 03:57 PM, said:

most QP players including "comp players" that don't play FP outside of events set their deck before they hit launch and don't change it once the map/mode is shown. The strongest comp players can overcome this handicap through skill, most others and regular QP guys cannot. It takes a bit of experience in FP to build map/mode appropriate decks within 55 second insta drop windows (last 5 seconds doesn't save, it's a feature)

As a regular in faction play when I was fully active I hardly changed my dropdeck.
Although I did add a grasshopper replacing one of my light gauss catapults on Tanners recommendations which was the only change I made in the end. :P
My dropdeck is either Medium to long range or specific short range brawling and I still outperform most of my teamies at least.
The biggest problem I found with average regulars and non regulars to Faction Play is mostly their placements on the map, you mostly know within a minute or 2 if your team is gonna win or lose on where they setup.
You try telling everyone that their way is a good way of losing and none listens and get frustrated by losing all the time. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users