43 replies to this topic

#41 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:20 PM

Its nice to see a mech pack free month kinda. Guess that means there will be something special at MechCon. Cant wait and I really like the stock mech showdown this time around. Variation is the spice of life... and gaming!

View PostMechaBattler, on 05 November 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

Well it's good to know at least. But it makes for one less thing to talk about on the forums.

At least you guys can't screw up at Mechcon any worse than Blizzard did at Blizzcon. Yeesh, that was a travesty. I swear if you announce MW5 for mobile... >: (

Totally agreed,

How the mighty ONCE beloved developers have fallen. Lost touch with the fan base, whipped like puny dogs by the publishers they so carelessly have agreed contracts with and so on. WHO int the right mind would make contracts with swines aka EA, UBIsoft, Konami, Activision? I know desperation, but wtf???
Blizzard, Bungie, even Rockstar and CD project red.

Yeah the last one had effings skeletons in their closet aswell. Which I hilariously thought were one of the few developers who stood there like a becon of example on how a developer should behave toward their fans and workers! Hah!

Squeezing their workers having they do 60-70 hours weeks without overpay... They have a "choice" to not to but got words back that they might as well leave or whatever it stood in the articles, which I really dont care to link here ( ps google ).

Dont get me started on the publishers microtransaction shenanigans! Trying every trick in the books so they can make sure it will be as addicting and money draining as possible, with excuses like " its the players choice to pay or not! " Very well aware that players want the content, in some cases hold locked in the disc/ game files until you frigging "PAY UP!"

I hope some ballsy, crazy person sabotage and ruin the sickening, corrupt guilty ones.
And as many countries as possible strangle them with anti - gambling regulations. And not only against loot boxes, but any pay ub BS. You should be allowed to earny any if not most content IN-GAME, with IN-GAME currency! End of deal. Its the gaming industrys OWN fault for digging this greedy grave. You like the game, you play the game, the things you unlock without paying is the reason you play.

/ end of salt

Edited by Tordin, 06 November 2018 - 03:22 PM.

#42 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:41 PM

I used to play WoW and listened to a few podcasts focused on Blizzard. They once referred to themselves as 'a studio of artists'. But everyone knew when Activision bought them up it would be the end of that. Given what they're doing now, it's a very clear sign the days of a studio of artists is at an end. Though that might have happened way back when the original Diablo 2 team walked out.

Edited by MechaBattler, 06 November 2018 - 03:42 PM.

#43 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:58 PM

View PostJonathan8883, on 05 November 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

Or perhaps they could de-nerf the Omnimech by rationalizing the locked slots instead of using them to take away player options.

View PostZortPointNarf, on 06 November 2018 - 03:45 AM, said:

Hope they will be doing away with mech packs all together and introduce a proper model now that there is no longer the rule of three for leveling.
Urbie IIC for shits and giggles,
More new maps, that don't rek half the player base's pc's.
IS Omni, this is really the only thing that will keep me interested for more than another 6-9 months. I am sure I am not alone in this.

The reason they won't do IS omnimechs is because nearly all of them have XL engines. Fixed engines, slots, and equipment is the trade-off to having the omnimech loadout flexibility. That flexibility isn't very well represented in-game, however, which is why there's so much salt around it. To properly represent omnimech flexibility (and thus provide a purchase-base for IS omnis, which aren't going to sell more than a nostalgic handful, otherwise), there needs to be a way for omnis (and ONLY omnis) to select a weapon load AFTER a match has been voted on, and before drop. I've been proposing it to anyone who'll listen, but I doubt PGI will...

#44 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:47 PM

View PostRebel Ace Fryslan, on 05 November 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

So the Dev;s can work on the game instead of mechs, that is nice.

Scrap a multiplayer mode qp-grouped and/or solaris-2vs2
Decrease QP-maps in FP.

At least Skirmish Alpine... zzzz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users