Countdown To Vapor Eagle Nov 13Th

94 replies to this topic

#81 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:08 AM

Is it just me, or the lighting, or did the (S) camo look cooler, and I mean A LOT cooler on the concept art? I don't buy those often, but this one grabbed me. Uhm, the screenshot reminds me of a 70s bathroom that needs to be re-done.

edit: where did all the cool dots go that made it look like a star map or something?

Posted Image

Edited by Starling76, 11 November 2018 - 07:21 AM.

#82 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:28 AM

View PostStarling76, on 11 November 2018 - 07:08 AM, said:

Is it just me, or the lighting, or did the (S) camo look cooler, and I mean A LOT cooler on the concept art? I don't buy those often, but this one grabbed me. Uhm, the screenshot reminds me of a 70s bathroom that needs to be re-done.

edit: where did all the cool dots go that made it look like a star map or something?

Posted Image

Now you can never unsee this:

Posted Image

#83 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:28 AM

I think I won't regret this purchase. Hitboxes and size seem ok, it got some useful quirks and looks dashing. Some of the torso hardpoints, and of course the arm hardpoints, are relatively low but that's about it for drawbacks. I'm excited to pilot it!

#84 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:39 AM

Posted Image

It does have some of the dots just very few and way less then concept. I do really like the S concpet art as well

Edited by Jackal Noble, 11 November 2018 - 10:40 AM.

#85 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:21 PM

View PostNightbird, on 10 November 2018 - 06:06 PM, said:

55 tonner has less volume than 50 tonner... ops?

Posted Image

At least twice the size of a 100 ton mech.... DOA??
Posted Image

#86 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:47 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 11 November 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

At least twice the size of a 100 ton mech.... DOA??
Posted Image

well i wouldnt call that twice the size but - most 55ers are pretty oversized except for like, the wolverine. That one at least is pretty lanky and looks like it would spread damage pretty well. Meanwhile my kintaro can see the tops of dragons when they are standing near me @.@

#87 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:14 PM

It's at least 8 times the size of the Atlas!!!!

#88 SFC174

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 695 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:06 PM

I'm still convinced that PGI's volumetric scaling equation is missing a factor here or there....

I mean, 55 ton Vapor next to 100 ton Atlas. Then look at 25 ton Commando next to 55 ton Vapor......

Edited by SFC174, 11 November 2018 - 08:08 PM.

#89 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:30 AM

I understand a countdown, and I understand not working on the weekends, but why do you do countdowns if you're not gonna work on the weekends?

Seems like the countdowns always go 7, 6, 5, 4, 1

#90 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:26 AM

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 12 November 2018 - 05:30 AM, said:

I understand a countdown, and I understand not working on the weekends, but why do you do countdowns if you're not gonna work on the weekends?

Seems like the countdowns always go 7, 6, 5, 4, 1

They actually did pretty good on this one. It was more 7,6,5,4,3,1

#91 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:57 AM

Posted Image

If you look closely you can see that two layers of the in game art do not exist with respect to the original design. First, the dots are missing. Second, the dark blue undercoat is prevalent across the entire 'Mech in game, but the concept has turquoise highlights on the arms, torso and "calf" sections. You could be forgiven for thinking that the blue sections are merely in shadow, but the calf sections are not under an apparent spotlight, and you can see the edge of the two paint colours.

It seems to me that the artist that created the skin may have missed this detail, and presumed that the highlights were due to a light source. That's a little um... Embarassing. Lol.

Although the more I look at it, the more I get the impression that the turquoise really is supposed to be a highlight. Perhaps the paintjob has a sheen like the Cobra scheme?

Edit: I'm the idiot, it does indeed have a sheen. Artists did a great job!

Edited by RickySpanish, 13 November 2018 - 05:11 AM.

#92 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:32 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 12 November 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

If you look closely you can see that two layers of the in game art do not exist with respect to the original design. First, the dots are missing. Second, the dark blue undercoat is prevalent across the entire 'Mech in game, but the concept has turquoise highlights on the arms, torso and "calf" sections. You could be forgiven for thinking that the blue sections are merely in shadow, but the calf sections are not under an apparent spotlight, and you can see the edge of the two paint colours.

It seems to me that the artist that created the skin may have missed this detail, and presumed that the highlights were due to a light source. That's a little um... Embarassing. Lol.

Although the more I look at it, the more I get the impression that the turquoise really is supposed to be a highlight. Perhaps the paintjob has a sheen like the Cobra scheme?

In the preview it has a reflective sheen that changes color.

#93 BattleSaint

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:20 PM

This think looks pretty, but at that size is gonna be a bullet sponge. It's ginourmous, and big targets draw fire, just sayin....

#94 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:10 AM

View PostJackal Noble, on 12 November 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

In the preview it has a reflective sheen that changes color.

OK! Great, that makes sense thanks for clarifying!

#95 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 08:16 AM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 11 November 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

Now you can never unsee this:

Posted Image

Gee thanks Xeno just what this game needs...
more Unseen!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users