Losing Monitor Input

2 replies to this topic

#1 Culnan

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:00 AM

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this post.

I've been having a weird error recently (starting around the time the game was updated on the 6th). At random points while I'm running the game, something goes wrong and I lose any input to my PC monitor, leaving me staring at a blank screen, and I've been unable to recover a picture without a full restart of my machine. The Computer doesn't crash, I can still get sound (in game sound effects stop, but I can hear other player's when they talk, plus other programs like DIscord still work). It happens without any obvious cause, I've been both actively in game playing, trying to load into a match and tabbed out looking up mech builds when the error's occured. I've tried full reinstalls of both the game and my gfx software without any joy. I've sent a ticket to tech support in the week, but have no idea how long I'll have to wait for a response, so I thought I'd ask the userbase too.

Has anyone ever heard of, or encountered an error like this before? Is there a solution I can try to get my monitor input back? If the issue was caused by the 6th November update, is the next update on the 13th likely to fix the issue?

Thanks for reading.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:35 PM

Too many items that can affect it. Unplug and plug monitor cable. Reseat the video card. Are you playing the game in the same resolution as the desktop resolution.

Alt Enter to change from one mode to another.

Full Screen or Full Windowed Mode? If Full Screen switch to full Windowed mode.

Also, are you running any 3rd party graphical type programs, programs with overlays, ie TS, Discord, etc? You said you can still hear people on Discord, disable the overlay for it.

Yes there might have been game update but do not discount other program updates, WIndow update, etc.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 11 November 2018 - 05:38 PM.

#3 Culnan

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:39 AM

I'm reasonably convinced it's not a hardware issue, as I've only encountered it with mwo, no other programs or games. Resolution matches my monitor, and I've had the issue with both fullscreen and full windowed modes. I didn't think I had any additional overlays running, but I've had a fiddle with Discord and fully disabled the overlay in settings, I'll see if that makes any difference later.The only other program change I've had recently has been switching from trial premium to free Malwarebytes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users