Back In Black Sale Mc And Heroes. Extended!

91 replies to this topic

#81 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 22 November 2018 - 08:25 AM

View PostMechWpnsTech, on 21 November 2018 - 09:09 PM, said:

how long will the mech bay sale last? friday the 23rd? or end of mech con events?

The currently running 50% Off Mech Bays Sale is time-synced to the 50% Off Hero Mechs Sale. Just have a look at the In-Game Store, should you wish to see what I mean. So instead of those endpoints that you mentioned, it will run until the inbetween point of "Nov. 26, 2018 @ 12:00 PM (aka 'High Noon') PST"... Put simply, you have a few days yet, so decide carefully how many of those you want/need to add to your Mech Garage. ^_^

~D. V. "still wondering why PGI's Staff didn't add it to the listing" Devnull

#82 Rex Gordan

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 10:11 AM

<p>

View PostRex Gordan, on 16 November 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

So, I was really looking forward to some early Christmas shopping and indeed there's a Black Friday sale, but.... "ALSO! YOU MUST REDEEM DURING THE PROMOTION TO GET THE ADDITIONAL MC! But, I guess we won't be able to wait to give our gift for Christmas?? WHAT!!?? So... "HAPPY THANKSGIVING, friend! Here's your Christmas gift! Sorry I had to give it early, but it's the only way you for you to be able to get the bonus MC." Lol! This seems completely illogical. Could we please change this, PGI? Posted Image It's a great sale and I'd love to take advantage of the offer, but it simply makes no sense for Christmas shopping. PS Not really trying to complain. Just want to offer some hopefully helpful thoughts.
</p>

So…

Earlier in this forum topic I suggested (maybe a bit too strongly) that it would be nice if bonus MC could be redeemed at a later time and not strictly during the sales event. First off, before I continue -- I'm a huge fan of this game and want it to succeed! I've played countless hours and am so thankful for the developers time in making this game -- it's simply the best mech combat game available! In saying that, I believe in posting helpful, thoughtful suggestions that will encourage our community and developers. Saltiness breeds nothing productive! So in my previous comment I was going for clarity on bonus MC redemption (not saltiness! I apologize if it seemed so). I didn't believe this was an unfounded notion in that this was how gifted MC was introduced back in April.

Here's a quote from a question and answer with a developer from the thread "GIFTING MC HAS ARRIVED!"

View PostKingJ00, on 12 April 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:
How does the gifting work around redemption? If i get a code now and the recipient waits until the next sale to redeem, do the get the normal mc value of when code was purchsed? Or will they get the bonus amount at the time of redemption?

View PostBobby Jubraj, on 13 April 2018 - 09:33 AM, said:

In terms of sales that might be running, these will be applied at the time of purchase and not at the time of redemption. This means that:

If an MC Gift Code is purchased before a sale and redeemed during a sale the bonus will not be granted.
If the MC gift is purchased during a sale however the MC is redeemed after the sale ends, the giftee will receive whatever the sale MC was.

There are no expiration dates on Gift Codes so go ahead and stockpile it up!

So whether it's early Christmas shopping -- or even some random gifting (of which I maybe felt compelled to do for one of the forum posters in this thread -- you might want to check your forum profile messages Posted Image ), this would add flexibility and enticement in using the gift MC system. Giftees would get their fully intended gift and also reflect previous stated policies from developers. (Both are "wins" in my book!) This also makes sense because the gifter was enticed to buy precisely for that sale, so it seems a bit harsh to penalize the giftee just because they may have missed the event deadline, especially when it was unintentionally so ( i.e. giftee missed the gifter's message, was on vacation, unable to sign in due to computer problem, was simply taking a break from the game, etc.)

My question for the developers -- Is this the new gifted MC policy? Will all Bonus MC sales in the future resemble this one, where the Giftee must redeem during the event? Or will it be different from event to event? Thanks ahead of time for considering to comment.

Oh! And Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

Edited by Rex Gordan, 22 November 2018 - 10:31 AM.

#83 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 08:52 PM

View PostBwah Ha Ha, on 21 November 2018 - 07:05 AM, said:

But UTC is one universal time zone for everyone.

They should just call it Greenwich Mean Time, which is what it is. Would cause FAR less confusion if people knew that UTC is just London UK time. Some stupid academic probably switched the name to take away some of the mean nasty colonial connotations of admitting that Britain gave the world its modern time standard. The same politically correct nonsense is responsible for BC and AD being changed to BCE and CE. Like what the hell does "common era" even mean? What does today's world have in common with the Dark Ages of 500 AD? Just admit it you stupid academics, we have Britain and Jesus to thank for our times systems, and the names should have been left alone to reflect that.

#84 OkiWan Muskogee

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 November 2018 - 07:40 PM

So when does this end? Monday, Nov 26th or Friday, Nov 23rd or 30th?

#85 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 24 November 2018 - 02:01 AM

Ends: Friday Nov 26th 4 PM PDT (Nov 27th 00:00 PM UTC)

Huh?

Edited by Appogee, 24 November 2018 - 02:01 AM.

#86 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 24 November 2018 - 03:44 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 20 November 2018 - 08:49 PM, said:

He should receive the additional Mc and the additional content on the next injection cycle.
It’s not a great system but it usually works!
If he does not please open a ticket with support and we will get it sorted out!

just a question. wll premium time be soon on sale? I know there was mostly at end of the year a premium time sale but i am not sure. Wanted to buy but when it will be soon on sale i wait and buy then the half year pack.. Does the 180 day pack comes banked or active when i buy over the gift store? thx in advance

Edited by Mighty Spike, 24 November 2018 - 03:44 AM.

#87 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 07:04 AM

@Mighty Spike: Matt Newman posted this in another thread: "Look for Premium time sales on Cyber Monday."

#88 Tukayyid

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 01:24 PM

Phase one was much shorter than the second. would it be possible to get an aditional chance on phase one? I don´t need another Deathstrike, but the Mean Baby would be great. If you want my money, give me some more time on phase one, and i know you want my MoneyPosted Image .

#89 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:11 PM

View PostERescue, on 25 November 2018 - 07:04 AM, said:

@Mighty Spike: Matt Newman posted this in another thread: "Look for Premium time sales on Cyber Monday."

yea saw it right now, thx for the info

#90 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:08 AM

View Post13loodwraith, on 18 November 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

you just implied that because its single player it cant make money? just stop dude. you're embarrassing yourself.

So since Solaris dropped there hasn't been any development for MWO (frankly we all thought PGI saved up the stuff they did for MechCon like last year), the FP changes that are slated for April are rather minor (even if welcome, but hey are QoL changes, nothing major), Russ dodged the question on stage if they are working on a new map and MW5 release date is maybe a year away.

So again, how will they make money?
Will players buy stuff to keep the lights on although MWO doesn't get any more dev resources?

View PostBuenaventura, on 19 November 2018 - 12:36 AM, said:

Oh, thats easy: micro transactions and paid DLCs.

same question again, not after MW5, if PGI can actually renew the license in 2020 (which is only a few months after MW5 release), but until then.

#91 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 October 2019 - 02:29 PM

View Post5th Fedcom Rat, on 22 November 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

They should just call it Greenwich Mean Time, which is what it is. Would cause FAR less confusion if people knew that UTC is just London UK time. Some stupid academic probably switched the name to take away some of the mean nasty colonial connotations of admitting that Britain gave the world its modern time standard. The same politically correct nonsense is responsible for BC and AD being changed to BCE and CE. Like what the hell does "common era" even mean? What does today's world have in common with the Dark Ages of 500 AD? Just admit it you stupid academics, we have Britain and Jesus to thank for our times systems, and the names should have been left alone to reflect that.

To be fair, there IS a difference between GMT and UTC: GMT follows Daylight Savings Time, and UTC does not, so during the summer, GMT = UTC +1.

I completely agree with you on BC/AD, though, and refuse to switch, myself. Everyone knows what I mean, and that IS where the dates originated, religious implications or not. (Heck, even Islam acknowledges that Jesus was born, so his birthday is perfectly legitimate for use in date accounting. We can leave his deity status for another argument Posted Image ).

Edited by C337Skymaster, 21 October 2019 - 02:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users