7 replies to this topic

#1 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 24 November 2018 - 06:25 AM

You fire your weapons once, your heat goes to 100% immediately, and you do not dissipate any heat. Then you keep heating further - even though you're not firing your weapons - and then you explode and die.

This has been happening randomly to people for at least 6 months.

PGI, are you aware of this bug? Are you doing anything to fix it?

Edited by Appogee, 24 November 2018 - 06:36 AM.

#2 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 24 November 2018 - 09:10 AM

Just don't alpha in the stock nova prime with override on

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 24 November 2018 - 03:24 PM

There has been two different versions of the heat bug.

The first one, which I have not seen anyone post about lately, is when the client heat bar was not reflecting what the server side had. Verbal warnings and flashing would still occur but the heat bar would be at 20-30%.

An example of that bug - https://clips.twitch...ousDogFutureMan

The current bug has the heat bar spiked to max and not depleting, or depleting so slowly it is not always observable. Do not remember if the verbal and flashing warnings continue during all of that time but if a weapon is fired heat damage does happen. A thread started about it below.

https://mwomercs.com...68673-heat-bug/

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6164043

View Postjjm1, on 15 September 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

From earlier today. There is all kinds of things wrong with this match. See if you can spot them.

I will blame that Firestarter, it set fire to the game logic.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 24 November 2018 - 03:33 PM.

#4 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 09:32 PM

The heat bar spiked and not cooling one clears up if you completely shutdown and restart the client (least it does 100% of the time for me).

#5 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 02 December 2018 - 04:59 AM

Word is it is an exploit based on a range and wall hack that allows a flamer to hit from the other side of the map. Because of the deluge of weapons fire coming in on your static mech, you don't see this as the abuser stops firing as you begin to fall apart.

I had afew matches a month or so ago where my heat would suddenly peak even when using very low heat based weapons such as lbx2 being fired as a pair on a mech with 20+ dhs to pick up brawl range mpl or spl support (looking at 6 or 8 of these so taking into account possible ghost heat.

#6 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:45 AM

That doesn't surprise me, it would explain PGI's silence on the matter.

#7 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:55 PM

View PostPeppaPig, on 02 December 2018 - 04:59 AM, said:

Word is it is an exploit based on a range and wall hack that allows a flamer to hit from the other side of the map. Because of the deluge of weapons fire coming in on your static mech, you don't see this as the abuser stops firing as you begin to fall apart.

I had afew matches a month or so ago where my heat would suddenly peak even when using very low heat based weapons such as lbx2 being fired as a pair on a mech with 20+ dhs to pick up brawl range mpl or spl support (looking at 6 or 8 of these so taking into account possible ghost heat.

Seen as I've had this happen in a Private Lobby, with absolutely no flamers equipped on any mechs in the lobby... I'm not exactly going to believe that it's some kind of exploit or hack (yet).

In the private lobby (which I just played tonight), I was in a Black Lanner. Once I lost my side torso, I suddenly could no longer effectively cool my heat levels down. It was dropping a single percent every now and again, but it rendered me completely unable to shoot back for the rest of the lobby match.

#8 Morticia Mellian

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:14 PM

Been experiencing this bug occasionally since last patch at least, and can happen with an usually heat neutral mech like gauss rifles and MGs. Also seen it with other streamers.

Here is an example: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/347568932

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users