#1 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:09 PM

Hi,

I'm making this post as the workaround section doesn't seem to be read a lot Posted Image

I just started playing MWO two weeks ago (i didn't knew about the game but i played mechwarrior 2/3 a looong time ago and i love the battletech lore and books)

After playing for a few days, i wanted to improve the look and performance of the game (fps drops and terrain/textures popups mainly).
I started reading the cryengine 3 documentation (and the settings used by PGI) and obtained some good results.

As the process is very time consuming, i only made a post about an easy tweak on reddit and in the workaround section of this forum, to see if people are interested.

Here is a link to the workaround section topic
https://mwomercs.com...rovement-tweak/
and on reddit
https://www.reddit.c...cles_fps_tweak/

This is a two lines tweak to add in a file. On my computer, it reduces the performance impact of the UI to almost 0% (the worst was the battlemap) and solves most of the particles slowdowns (missiles smoke, dropships smoke, etc).

Please tell me if you see an improvement and if you would be interested in other informations to improve the game Posted Image

#2 Sorbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:55 PM

Thanks for the post and welcome to Mechwarrior Online.

My brother ended up finding my missing CPU (bought just before moving) today so I probably won't play with this until I change CPU's during the 4 day T-day weekend but it will be sweet if it helps my FPS.

#3 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,874 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:31 PM

Welcome to MWO. I'm new as well. Thank you for the tweaks. I'll post the results later when I'm home.

#4 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:43 AM

View PostMrVaad, on 20 November 2018 - 07:09 PM, said:

Hi,
if you would be interested in other informations to improve the game Posted Image

Always
Though it should be pinned if it works as "advertised" :)

Edited by Peter2k, 21 November 2018 - 04:44 AM.

#5 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,874 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 21 November 2018 - 07:01 AM

I've tested out those tweaks. My FPS is constant 60+, although it has never dipped below that mark. It just feels smoother, all things considered.

#6 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:48 AM

Did you try the red puddle in caustic valley ? You need to be really close to its center if you have a good/powerfull PC. This is a good benchmark for particle effects going crazy.

I'm running all settings on very high and was at 60 fps except :
- dropship smokes, drowned in missiles smoke.
- the floating snow particles in the wind on some maps.
- solaris city when looking at the distant fog (didn't solve this one)
- those green and red puddles in caustic valley.

The red puddle test (going right in the center of it) can make my GPU go from 40%-60fps to 100%-30fps (gtx 1080). The fullscreen battlemap could make my GPU go from 50% to 60%-60fps.
With those tweaks, the red puddle test go from 40% to 46-49%. The fullscreen battlemap adds 1% max.

I monitor the CPU (average on all cores, most loaded core) and GPU (usage, video ram) to check the impact of my tweaks and hopefully lower the CPU/GPU usage for every one.

Edited by MrVaad, 21 November 2018 - 09:15 AM.

#7 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 01:48 PM

[mod]As cross-linked threads are not permitted on the forums, this thread has been closed.

Please direct discussion to https://mwomercs.com...rovement-tweak/[/mod]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users