#1 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:14 PM

a Uziel champion recently?

Aside from the stocking stuffer event as I chose (and got) the Highlander IIC.

But while comparing affordable heroes, I noted that I only owned one Uziel and while the Uziel hero seemed usable, I didn't really care for the chassis (with no skill tree unlocks, it seems really sluggish like an assault without the armor or firepower to make up for it. Animations are also pretty bad and part of the legs don't even function in terms of movement.)

As such mark my surprise when just a little bit ago when choosing fat mechs to put the Snowfall pattern on for a few mechbay screen shots, when I discover I have a Uziel 3P(C) in addition to my Uziel 3P.

Considering I didn't care for the original I can't fathom how I got one sometime between yesterday and today without noticing it, or if perhaps when looking at the shop I might've missed its existence among the "owned" list.

So....when did this thing get given away? Because otherwise my only conclusion (which I know isn't true) would be "it was in a stocking?"

Posted Image

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:19 PM

Yes there was, but I can't remember what it was. I think it was just a reward for logging in rather than completing any in-match requirements. It was a few months ago, so...

Posted Image

Edited by FupDup, 31 December 2018 - 12:20 PM.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:21 PM

I'm of the belief this was not here yesterday as yesterday I was desperate to clear up some mechbays and unable to find any unwanted mechs I considered selling the Uziel and ended up selling 3 unnecessary Arctic Cheetahs instead. So I most certainly would have sold this champion (or the original depending on the skill tree investment and other factors, may have sold the original).

But if anyone knows of an event that specifically gave one out (not as a choice as I never would have chosen this thing), please tell me. I'm trying to track down how I got it.

I know for a fact I haven't bought it (I have never and will never buy a champion version of a mech in much the same way I have never and will never buy premium time [still got nearly two years of it stocked up]).

#4 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:22 PM

Found it:

https://www.mwomercs...7-champion-mech

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:23 PM

View PostFupDup, on 31 December 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

Yes there was, but I can't remember what it was. I think it was just a reward for logging in rather than completing any in-match requirements. It was a few months ago, so...

Posted Image

Certainly missed it as a sales opportunity to clear a mechbay then.

Welp.
Meh...of the two it still has an engine, bye bye 3P non-(C). Might make it less grindy when I do decide I want to trudge my face in the muck of seeing if its worth keeping.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:35 PM

Posted Image
Good riddens. Also random thanks PGI for a replacement that might make it less of an ordeal to level it up?
Now to load it up and ship it out with these ships somewhat recently added (at least within the last year and a half?) to Crimson Straight's outer field
Posted Image

Except when trying to send it out, the ships ran into this issue.

Posted Image
Which while a neat easter egg, kinda prevents ships from properly getting into the port.

(Btw I wonder if its time to easter egg hunt again, sure there's the golf field on a roof top of River City and its been a few years since PGI removed the 3 living room scenes inside the habitation pods of Forest Colony [the not-snow version] with the PCGamer mag image on a book on the coffee table in front of the TV, but... if PGI's adding random stuff like this again, who knows?)

#7 InfinityBall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 405 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:20 PM

i spent way too long trying to figure out a build that would work on that thing before giving up

#8 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:22 PM

View PostInfinityBall, on 31 December 2018 - 05:20 PM, said:

i spent way too long trying to figure out a build that would work on that thing before giving up

If it had at least one missile hardpoint in an arm or side torso then MRMs would be perfect, but since the only missiles are in the CT...lolno.

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:24 PM

View PostInfinityBall, on 31 December 2018 - 05:20 PM, said:

I know, right? Too many hardpoints, not enough tonnage available to use them all without going really light (and not having the ability to make use of that tiny range) and if you focus strictly on a couple of hardpoints, generally there's an issue with either firepower or survivability or speed.

#10 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:28 PM

Maybe twin ERPPCs and use it to poptart? That's about the only thing I can think of. Trying to pack UACs on there to use the jam quirk would be kinda heavy and the mech can't survive in a staring contest anyways.

About the best you can do with this sad gundam.

Edited by FupDup, 31 December 2018 - 05:30 PM.

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:32 PM

Hero does something like that which seems like it might be viable.

Twin ER PPCs + 3 MGs (of any type most likely standard or light), with or without jumpjets and a decent sized engine. My overall issue is its poor lack of mobility, its a 50 ton medium and I've had Enforcers without skill tree that are more responsive.

So yeah, 3 MGs...because it doesn't even have 4 ballistic slots (seriously?)

Edited by Koniving, 31 December 2018 - 05:36 PM.

#12 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:33 PM

View PostKoniving, on 31 December 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

Belial and 5P can both do side torso missiles. Otherwise the 6P can attempt laser vomit with its 6 energy hardpoints. Probably not worth trying any of that though, just sell/strip the sad robot and let it live out its last days in obscurity.

#13 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:38 PM

View PostKoniving, on 31 December 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

Twin ER PPCs + 4 MGs (of any type most likely standard or light), with or without jumpjets and a decent sized engine. My overall issue is its poor lack of mobility, its a 50 ton medium and I've had Enforcers without skill tree that are more responsive.

No Uziel variant can pack 4 ballistic hardpoints, which IMO is a cardinal sin and such an obvious thing to include.

As for mobility, on-paper it technically beats the Enforcer before skills are factored in.

Enforcer:
Acc: 40.79 (33.87 on 2 variants)
Dec: 44.50 (or 40.00)
Turn: 67.60 (or 60.16)
Twist: 121.50 (or 108.00)
Pitch Angle: 20 + 30
Twist Angle: 125 + 35 (or 125 + 10 on one variant)

Uziel:
Acc: 56.93
Dec: 55.00
Turn: 85.37
Twist: 153.00
Pitch Angle: 35 + 35
Twist Angle: 125 + 40

Edited by FupDup, 31 December 2018 - 05:39 PM.

#14 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:44 PM

Said I had Enforcers that feel better. :P

Then again I haven't used an Enforcer without skill tree since 2016.

Still, no four? Really? Pfft. (And yeah corrected the original post right after I wrote it because I tried to put in 4 MGs just to hit that foul note).

#15 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:47 PM

xl + 3 ultra 2 or 2 lb10-x

fun mech

killed DATA in a fair 1v1 in solaris with it, think it was his only legit lose in 50 games or so.

Edited by Kunato Developments, 31 December 2018 - 05:48 PM.

#16 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:48 PM

Actually I'm running it right now, it doesn't feel anything like the first time I used it.

Wonder if its been tweaked at all since release?
Or maybe it was the original stock engine? The champion comes with a 250 engine.

Nope; evidently the engine is a downgrade from the stock 300. Huh.

#17 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:55 PM

Significantly better than the first few times I played it. Armor feels like paper, even after bringing it to the front.

Definitely handles far better than I remember. I remember it feeling so much worse than an Enforcer.

Also had 57% heat at ST loss with an LFE, no shutdown. Didn't really feel a loss in mobility either surprisingly.

#18 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:57 PM

View PostKoniving, on 31 December 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

Significantly better than the first few times I played it. Armor feels like paper, even after bringing it to the front.

Definitely handles far better than I remember. I remember it feeling so much worse than an Enforcer.

Also had 57% heat at ST loss with an LFE, no shutdown. Didn't really feel a loss in mobility either surprisingly.

I'm pretty sure it did get its agility buffed after its initial release. It definitely got a little bit more durability quirkage but it's still piddly.

#19 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 06:00 PM

This explains a lot.
Posted Image
Perhaps that shift of arm armor to the STs (that the Jagermechs got) would do some good for Uziels?

The shoulders wouldn't be so bad, but the pelvis is what really kills it. This means nothing you do can defend your weakened sides as even if you deny the enemy access to it by twisting it away, they can just land that pelvis shot.

Edited by Koniving, 31 December 2018 - 06:11 PM.

#20 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 06:07 PM

View PostKoniving, on 31 December 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

This explains a lot.
Posted Image
Perhaps that shift of arm armor to the STs would do some good for Uziels?

The shoulders wouldn't be so bad, but the pelvis is what really kills it. This means nothing you do can defend your weakened sides as even if you deny the enemy access to it by twisting it away, they can just land that pelvis shot.

Crotch shots are legitimately OP in this game. That area should be split in half between both legs but PGI really seems to love their "thong" styled crotch hitboxes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users