Increase Slot Amount In All Mechs.

6 replies to this topic

Poll: More critical sloTs for all mechs (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Do we want more critical slots?

1. Yes (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. No (11 votes [84.62%])

Percentage of vote: 84.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Jaime-Wolf

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 11:33 AM

Can we please get a critical slot increase to the mechs in MWO. There just doesnt seem to be enought crit slots in most mechs sometimes and the extra wiggle room would open up a lot more builds for people.

Edited by deadoralive117, 30 November 2018 - 11:34 AM.

#2 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:45 PM

Illegal designs are illegal.
Check build rules.
Do not pass go.
Do NOT collect $200.

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,712 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:55 AM

Display an example of your issue. Are you trying to use Endo/Ferro?

This is why tech equivalency is needed for engines. isXL SHOULD survive the loss of a side torso for the small weight savings, with higher penalties than cXL/LFE. CXL penalty or penalties could be slightly reduced followed by LFE penalties reduced even more.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 03 December 2018 - 05:57 PM.

#4 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:41 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 02 December 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

Display an example of your issue. Are you trying to use Endo/Ferro?

This is why tech equivalency is needed for engines. isXL SHOULD survive the loss of a side torso for the small weight savings, with higher penalties than cXL/LFE. CXL penalty or penalties could be slightly reduced followed by LFE penalties reduced even more.

no there really should not be equivalency. besides the current balance has IS eking out into the lead. as someone who loves clans after the future tech was added I would not like to see the two homogenized even If it meant my favorite mechs getting buffed. one of the great things about MWO is the asymmetry and I would rather it stay even if it meant dealing with imbalances. Hell before future tech I felt the same way getting my rear handed to me as an IS pilot.

OP you can feel free to send me a message or friend invite in game and I can help you with builds. The feel restrictive at the start but once you gain a better understanding its not all to bad

#5 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,179 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:53 AM

View PostHammerMaster, on 30 November 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

Illegal designs are illegal.
Check build rules.
Do not pass go.
Do NOT collect $200.
I think that'd be 200 c-bills or maybe 200,000.

I see no problem with current crit slots it makes you think "What can i slip in here" as well as limiting giant OP builds like quad Ac-20's or something like that. to a few mechs.

View PostCichol Balor, on 31 December 2018 - 11:41 PM, said:

no there really should not be equivalency. besides the current balance has IS eking out into the lead. as someone who loves clans after the future tech was added I would not like to see the two homogenized even If it meant my favorite mechs getting buffed. one of the great things about MWO is the asymmetry and I would rather it stay even if it meant dealing with imbalances. Hell before future tech I felt the same way getting my rear handed to me as an IS pilot.

OP you can feel free to send me a message or friend invite in game and I can help you with builds. The feel restrictive at the start but once you gain a better understanding its not all to bad
Again another proven point that IS is Easy mode OP. #NerfIS...

Edited by KursedVixen, 02 January 2019 - 02:56 AM.

#6 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:32 AM

IS isn't all that OP they are only a bit better.,, considering how OP clans were the fact that the overcorrection was so small is astonishing.

#7 MechTech Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 308 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:22 PM

Sorry, not a fan of that one.
Crit slots are there to provide limitations that must be worked around when building.

Things would get a littler over the top of we start increases crits, 78 seems to be a good number

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users