Thank You Pgi For Mechcon

13 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:43 PM

I just wanna say thanks for bringing mechs back. MWO is my most played game since 2012 when SWG shut down, with CKII and Civ V following.. and longer back is the ME series. MWO is my my 3rd most played game of all time. Been gaming since Pong, so that says something.

I loved the Mech 5 demo, but really hope you up the AI, and give penalties for destroying buildings! I I Really loved the look of the LRM's too, some how it feels right as it would be less effective on lights, and better against assaults.

You are doing the Corsair cross over with Mech 5, but what about a unique camo for MWO? In other words, buy Mech 5, and get some MWO swag. Maybe even a unique hero mech with camo, and perhaps a color (or colors that go along with the unique camo. I'd totally pre-order for that bonus/

I know i was a bit salty on Saturday because of the negativity on twitch, but man was Sunday great. I made a few new friends, and just had an over all wonderful time. I've never played TT, but man did that Catalyst presentation make me wanna buy that Armored box Day one! The HBS BT fight was also epic. Mitch and Jorday were so much fun. I also loved how he called up one dude, and then sent him packing with a mug.. so funny, and so great.

And finally, after 3 years of watching every hour.. i actually won a mechpack! It came when the show was just wrapping up. So thanks FOX for talking me up, so i didn't log out 10 mins earlier or it wouldn't have happened. Can't wait for my brand new Charger on the 11th.

at any rate, thanks for bringing mechs back, and i really look forward to a FW update. Please give us some more info soon!

#2 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:56 PM

Grats on your prize, MW5 is looking quite good. Apparently the AI was toned down for HOTAS users, which is what I saw being used in the video I found.

#3 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:11 PM

agreed. mechcon was a blast. wish PGI could have done more, but it was not bad on there part. HBS blew it out of the water though. :)

#4 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:41 PM

I don't always agree with the changes/updates and people get salty here and there, but I'm still glad PGI took up the cudgel to bring Mechwarrior back on PC. I hope the licensing thing with Microsoft goes well.

#5 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:31 PM

Great event! Looking forward to next year.

#6 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:01 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 04 December 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

Grats on your prize, MW5 is looking quite good. Apparently the AI was toned down for HOTAS users, which is what I saw being used in the video I found.

Yes, AI was turned down for the super pods, because there is a reason the joystick/hotas/steering wheel underhive is bad. I couldn't drive or hit a thing. I played the mouse and keyboard as well and I was cherry red CT when I made it to the repair bay and I was piloting significantly better.

NOTE TO MW5 DEVS: I couldn't tell when I was taking damage like I do in MWO. I didn't hear or feel it and nearly died because of it.

#7 Blockwart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:19 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 04 December 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

and i really look forward to a FW update

optimism is just a lack of information

#8 Scyther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:35 PM

I may give PGI a hard time over what I personally see as less-than-competent efforts on their part, and encourage them to do a serious review and decide if they maybe need to shake up their corporate complacency and acceptance of "just barely good enough to keep selling mechpacks" standards, but... that said;

- THANK YOU PGI for bringing BattleTech to a modern MMO
- Thank you for all the excellent mech designs and BT eye candy
- Thank you for producing an interesting and engaging Mech shooter
- Thank you for continuing to create appealing events and changing them up to keep them interesting
- THANK YOU for what I consider to be some of the better customer loyalty and appreciation rewards in any game I play
- Thank you for your charity events and your attention to community initiatives (Urbie, K-9 etc)
- Thank you for hosting an annual get-together so people can get out of their chairs and go be social!

So yeah, there's a lot of thanks you guys deserve. Yes, you could do better, and yes, I would send you more money if you did. But every dollar I ever sent your way, I consider to be money well spent.

#9 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:36 PM

each dollar ? each Dollar for TRANSVERSE or Solaris?

#10 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:28 PM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 05 December 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

each dollar ? each Dollar for TRANSVERSE or Solaris?

Solaris was a fantastic, well executed addition that is more the playerbase's fault for ignoring, rather than PGI's.

Transverse... yes that was shameful. Hopefully the damage was limited to the budget to create that trailer, and knowing PGI's tendency to do the bare minimum as close to the deadline as possible, it probably wasn't a lot of money wasted. I still think it should have been rebranded as an Aerotech RPG.

#11 PyreLlght

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:19 AM

Another positive thing I would like to say is that PGI is the major reason

1. why we even have an annual Mech Con,
2. why we have an online game that thousands of people play every day,
3. why there is such a thriving streaming community,
4. why we have digital versions of Alex Iglesias' gorgeous mech art,
5. why HBS could more easily make a strategy game without having to build new mech models from scratch,
6. why we are getting an expensive-looking singleplayer MW: Mercenaries game in the year 2019 when the games industry mostly produces online-only Battle Royale clones filled with lootboxes and micro-transactions
7. Took the Harmony Gold bull by the horns and basically ensured that the Unseen are back for good! Seriously, this cannot be overstated how incredible it was that PGI fought back. If not for them, we would never have the marauder and warhammer.

So it is simply incredible and super amazing that a medium-sized company like PGI single-handledly runs an annual convention that is also streamed; an online F2P game getting support for over 6 years now; a beefy singleplayer game in a state-of-the-art graphics engine; fighting back against Harmony Gold's copyright trolling; and bringing all the Battletech creatives under one roof; and finally excavating a classic legacy series after Microsoft buried Mechwarrior deep for over a decade.

Huge compliments and love to PGI (and of course the fans, streamers, and community keeping everything as electric as they are these days). It's great to be a Battletech / Mechwarrior fan these days and I never thought I would see that day come after the twilight years between 2003 and 2012.

#12 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:28 AM

You make some good points.

#13 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 06:33 PM

View PostBlockwart, on 05 December 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

optimism is just a lack of information

No it's a way of life.. :)

View PostAppogee, on 06 December 2018 - 12:28 AM, said:

You make some good points.

why thank you, it is always nice to have someone have your back even if we don't always agree on everything..

#14 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 December 2018 - 01:51 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 04 December 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

really hope you up the AI

In the other thread ("who PGI listens to" I think) it was said the AI has been dumbed down a lot so players have more fun shooting things then dying all the time (and people are not used to HOTAS anyway any more)

makes me hopeful

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users