50 replies to this topic

#41 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:07 AM

View PostNightbird, on 06 December 2018 - 09:47 AM, said:

Rather than blaming the player base, I'd rather blame PGI honestly. They have tools to allow unevenly skilled teams to have a fun match, they choose not to use them.

True, players can self-regulate to an 'honor' system, but can you really expect that to perform as consistently as a game system that do it automatically?

Agreed, PGI's management strategy of being completely hands-off except to occasionally ban people is not effective or good for the game.

#42 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:12 AM

PGI doesn't really have the budget or manpower to police every game. I think reports do get processed by someone. It's not like they support this kind of behavior. It's against the TOS.

#43 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:14 AM

View PostMechaBattler, on 06 December 2018 - 10:12 AM, said:

PGI doesn't really have the budget or manpower to police every game. I think reports do get processed by someone. It's not like they support this kind of behavior. It's against the TOS.

It's not about policing the game, it's the state of the game design and not bothering to try to create fun matches.

It's not for lack of ideas, see below and in the FP section of the forum for plenty of team balancing ideas, IT IS NOT CARING PERIOD
https://mwomercs.com...n-in-one-month/

#44 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:23 AM

I have this theory about the lack of development on MWO. In 2020 they have to renew their license. If it doesn't get renewed, I'm pretty sure they have to shut MWO down. And Russ mentioned about going to a meeting with Microsoft sometime soon. So I'm guessing they're waiting to get a 'soft' okay from Microsoft on their potential license renewal. Before laying any more work on MWO. Plus if MW5 does well and Microsoft officially gives them their license renewal. Maybe they'll use MW5 as the base building block for making MWO in Unreal. In which case extensive development in the current engine wouldn't be a good investment. It would be better to have both games on the same engine in the long run. Easier to swap assets and people around. But then again they might just be cheap and keep this franken cryengine going for another four years with minima investment. ...lol

#45 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:24 AM

View PostNightbird, on 06 December 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

It's not about policing the game, it's the state of the game design and not bothering to try to create fun matches.

It's not for lack of ideas, see below and in the FP section of the forum for plenty of team balancing ideas, IT IS NOT CARING PERIOD
https://mwomercs.com...n-in-one-month/

There was this video back in August that I would like see the light of day for the game. However, I would rather them test it first in Quick play solo/group que first as that has a higher percentage of matches played. As well as having a good way to seed skill for faction play as poor skilled players in quick play will be even worse off in fp.

#46 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:26 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 06 December 2018 - 11:28 AM.
unconstructive, inappropriate language, replies removed

#47 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:36 AM

And by the way, I have noticed a lot of experienced pilots quitting matches lately. Multiple units, skilled pilots, just up and quitting because they didn't like the entire team they were assigned to.
Not making a point, just abandoning the field in the first wave to go do quickplay or switch drop decks and join a group.

Maybe you all should consider that the entire FP ecosystem needs attention badly and knock off the petty **** about which specific person is responsible. The lack of effort or concern on PGI's part is ultimately behind this. Why should casual groups of a few good pilots and some mixed taters put up with a matchmaker that almost exclusively matches them with the same comp team?

#48 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:50 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 05 December 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

Lol what kinda pathetic people are doing that?

Actually don't tell me I already have a pretty good idea given two units are WELL known for it.

Just get the match ID, email them to support and they will look into it and warn/ban as needed. Even better if you have video but not needed with a match ID.

email moderation not support

#49 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:50 AM

View PostShadowomega1, on 06 December 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

There was this video back in August that I would like see the light of day for the game. However, I would rather them test it first in Quick play solo/group que first as that has a higher percentage of matches played. As well as having a good way to seed skill for faction play as poor skilled players in quick play will be even worse off in fp.

I explained why this MM will do nothing for FP in the appropriate thread. Urmmm that pod cast thread.

View PostMechaBattler, on 06 December 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

So I'm guessing they're waiting to get a 'soft' okay from Microsoft on their potential license renewal. Before laying any more work on MWO.

You know what would look very good at that meeting? Some easy to implement solutions that put population on an upward trend rather than continue it's 10% per month decline. Blaming toxicity on players is not really an acceptable excuse when the match end score stats show consistently poor and biased results.

Edited by Nightbird, 06 December 2018 - 11:24 AM.

#50 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:45 AM

That’s not something that can or should be done. Clear violation of CoC on a couple of levels. When you drop you are basically signing up to try “something” at least. So, try.. Dc’ing or non-participation is never the answer and will kill FW deader than it already is. At the end of the day we all do need each other to be able to play this mode.....so causing each other grief through these kind of stunts or over-the-top trash talking is really accelerating killing this mode we regulars love. Even if you have rivialry or don’t like certain players or teams....Let’s be smart and not cut our own throats here, by de-motivating the few players who regularly play this mode

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 06 December 2018 - 11:45 AM.

#51 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:54 AM

[mod]As discussion is proceeding off-topic and unconstructively, this thread has been closed.

Non-participation is misconduct as described in the Code of Conduct
and may be reported for moderator investigation.

Information on reporting misconduct may be found at https://mwomercs.com...-for-misconduct.[/mod]

Edited by draiocht, 06 December 2018 - 11:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users