Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:54 AM

I enjoyed that event a lot. Even the UAV Spotting. Posted Image

#42 Chilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 146 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:47 AM

First, thanks Matt and PGI! This has been a fun event!

I'm curious if anyone has had any problems actually receiving the redeemed items? I've completed nine of the 11 tasks, and have clicked the Redeem button on those nine while logged in to the web site, but have not received anything in game. I quickly read through this thread to see if anyone else mentioned this, and didn't see anything. If I overlooked it, apologies. If not, what am I missing \ when will the items be injected into the game acccounts?

Thanks again

#43 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:00 AM

View PostChilly, on 10 December 2018 - 05:47 AM, said:

I'm curious if anyone has had any problems actually receiving the redeemed items? I've completed nine of the 11 tasks, and have clicked the Redeem button on those nine while logged in to the web site, but have not received anything in game. I quickly read through this thread to see if anyone else mentioned this, and didn't see anything. If I overlooked it, apologies. If not, what am I missing \ when will the items be injected into the game acccounts?

Thanks again

Did you try to redeem them from ingame event page?

#44 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 10 December 2018 - 11:27 AM

View PostChilly, on 10 December 2018 - 05:47 AM, said:

Thanks again

View PostApollo777, on 10 December 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

Did you try to redeem them from ingame event page?

It appears this 'Chilly' person did the Redeem through the Website. PGI did NOT configure Account Injection Dialogs to occur when you do that, instead just silently injecting the items into the account. This person likely already has the items, but has to do one of the following for them to be properly accessible...
  • Re-Login
  • Go to Academy/Tutorial, then return to MechLab
  • Go to Testing Grounds, then return to MechLab
  • Go play any Match (Without disconnecting before they've put in all the effort they could to help their Team!), then return to MechLab afterward
...after which they should be able to see the increases in what they possess. We'll just have to hope they notice the difference in their totals eventually. :(

Frankly, I think our friendly Matt Newman needs to get after whoever did the coding for that, as this continuing issue is not his fault, but that of his coworkers. Matt most definitely has a right to make them add an Account Injection Dialog for Redeems done through the Website from the Special Events Pages. Silently adding things after a user clicks just does NOT help these other people that get easily confused, and possibly are unable to use the In-Game Events Browser. (Don't know why it didn't work for everyone out of the box when it was first introduced, but I do know there are people now who have problems with the In-Game Version... Thankfully I'm not one of those unfortunate people.) Having the Special Events Website Pages instead act the same way by triggering an Account Injection Dialog, same as when you Redeem the Pick-A-Prize and/or Loot Bags items would be a far better behavior than what happens now. :huh:

~Mr. D. V. "Once again being reminded of the one hiccup with the Website's Special Events Pages..." Devnull

#45 Chilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 146 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:52 PM

@Apollo, I checked that later, and when I looked at the in-game option they already showed as being redeemed, so could not do it from there.

It appears this 'D V Devnull' person (Posted Image) has a couple of suggestions I've not yet tried. I HAVE logged out and then back in, both in game and web site. I've also played a number of matches after the first redeems, with no change. I have not gone to the Academy, nor the Testing Grounds, and then back to the Mechlab. Will try that at my earliest opportunity. It is not a matter of simply not "noticing" something that may have increased in amount as you've seemingly implied. I have none of at least one of the standing items awarded in this event, it has been redeemed, and when I look at my cockpit item inventory, I still have none.

Matt... beyond these suggestions, is there anything else I can do at my end, or is this something that needs done on the back end?

Thanks again

#46 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 10 December 2018 - 02:09 PM

About the ingame event browser: Some times I use that, sometimes I use the website, because the ingame one loads so f* slow. I have no idea what is it that has it load so slowly. And it is still missing an indicator for completed and redeemed rewards. Like for example the countdown to mechcon, I sometimes had to check if I completed the previous one already - would be really nice to at least get a symbol for "everything done there, no need to click on this" like the symbol that shows when there is a reward to claim.

#47 Chilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 146 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 02:13 PM

TBH, although I'm really hoping to get the CBills and everything else earned, I was mostly looking forward to the Santa bobblehead... LOL

#48 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:11 AM

Okay, here I go catching up again! :blink:

View PostMatt Newman, on 06 December 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

<<<this quote tag used to ping>>>

Hi there, Matt. Got a few things for you... ^_^

First off, thank you again for making this Opening Phase as long a duration as you have made it. As of when I'm posting now, I've been encountering Real Life Issues that have prevented me several times from punching through this particular Phase of Challenges. It will likely be some time in the PST Pre-Evening later today by the time I've got the last one (Challenge #8 ... 8000 Damage ... Yowza!) battened down and complete, if not some time Tomorrow. Just for the reference, the first 10 Challenges took me all the way to 5 PM PST Yesterday to get finished, and has been quite the interesting journey. :)

Second off, PLEASE keep to doing large batches of Challenges like this during these Advent Challenge Phases? I really do appreciate having (and I suspect so do many others) the large sheets of things to go through with a nicely-sized chunk of time (such as this 6-Day RunTime with 11 Challenges to do) to journey through them! Having multiple different goals to go after actually helps prevent over-focusing on one type of play and the counter-play that comes with it, which also prevents things from getting too monotonous. Further, being as this is the End-Of-Year Holidays, this feels to me like the best way to do these Event Challenge Phases. It's not stressful, it makes the good move of avoiding pressuring people, it accommodates people's Real Life Situations, it allows casual-type gameplay, and it ultimately turns out to be totally enjoyable... Nothing short of two thumbs up and smiles from people for sure. :D

The last item on my mind is the issue that Chilly says they are having. (Initial indication just up the page at https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/270498-advent-catch-up-event/page__view__findpost__p__6196290) Are there any Server Logs you can examine to see if something happens to be failing in the Event Reward Back-End Systems? I really hope there is not some gremlin in there that's ruining your intended delivery of Event Rewards after people successfully complete Challenges, but would be glad to have helped it get fixed if there is such a problem. It makes me wonder... Would it be worthwhile to get after those who coded the system for you, and have it switched to use the normal injection paths on the Website-side Interface, like how it does with Loot Bags and Pick-A-Prizes? :mellow:

View PostChilly, on 10 December 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

TBH, although I'm really hoping to get the CBills and everything else earned, I was mostly looking forward to the Santa bobblehead... LOL

Hi again, Chilly... Just checking here, but, you did not see your (MC) and/or (C-Bills) amounts increase at all? And you already did a re-login? If that's the case, I really hope that our friendly Mr. Matt Newman is watching this thread, reading all the posts, and can potentially check things and/or take action on the issue. :o

Now pardon me again everyone while I scoot... I'm feeling a little dizzy and drained at the moment after something happened in Real Life that I'm sure nobody would want me talking about here. :wacko:

~D. V. "one with definite preference of longer-running Event Phases during the End-Of-Year Holidays" Devnull

#49 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:43 AM

View PostChilly, on 10 December 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

@Apollo, I checked that later, and when I looked at the in-game option they already showed as being redeemed, so could not do it from there.

It appears this 'D V Devnull' person (Posted Image) has a couple of suggestions I've not yet tried. I HAVE logged out and then back in, both in game and web site. I've also played a number of matches after the first redeems, with no change. I have not gone to the Academy, nor the Testing Grounds, and then back to the Mechlab. Will try that at my earliest opportunity. It is not a matter of simply not "noticing" something that may have increased in amount as you've seemingly implied. I have none of at least one of the standing items awarded in this event, it has been redeemed, and when I look at my cockpit item inventory, I still have none.

Matt... beyond these suggestions, is there anything else I can do at my end, or is this something that needs done on the back end?

Thanks again

Just send an e-mail to support and they will be glad to help you out.Posted Image

#50 Chilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:57 AM

I had some time a short while ago and logged back into the game. After logging in, I went into the Testing Grounds for a bit, then exited the Testing Grounds, then went into the Mechlab and after doing that checked for the items. I am now seeing the redeemed items and CBills in game, although I never did see the customary Redeemed Items pop up window in the game. In the past I've used both the web site Redeem button, as well as the redeem procedure in the in-game event tracker tool, without any problems. I have no idea what happened here, but as of now the items have been added to my in-game account. Thanks for the advice on going into the Testing Grounds, wouldn't have thought to do that.

#51 The Shazbot

• PipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:05 AM

Ummm is the Eleventh Hour supposed to be 111 assists, because 11 would make a lot more sense.

#52 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:55 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 06 December 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

Why, Matt Newman (and/or anyone else involved)??? What are you thinking??? I just don't get this crazed madness at all!!! :blink:

What is the big sudden & insane idea with all these Daily Challenges, instead of having more Challenge Set Phases? Why are you creating a situation that's...
  • stressful
  • over-focused
  • grind-loaded
  • a feeling like someone's in a "pressure cooker"
  • casual-unfriendly
  • monotonous
  • unenjoyable
  • non-accommodating of Real Life sidetracks
...and ALL during the End-Of-Year Holidays??? People are already crediting you for doing a Phase that had a longer run with more Challenges on one sheet. There was literally NO reason to change it into an insane scramble, when people are already encountering problems with even getting online to MWO at all. It happened to be far better to have the longer-running combinations of Challenges in order to allow people to participate when they're actually able, instead of forcing an untenable situation onto many of them. Worse, you're doing this when there's a number of things in-game that are now NOT working right at this time, and WILL NEED an extra Game Patch to fix! That's going to interrupt your Daily Challenges far too heavily, and blow them clean out of the water, as that Patch needs to happen very quickly! :(

Bah....... Pardon me while I just go hang my head sadly, all while putting up with the new risk of family-caused failure. Frankly, I feel half already like my Holiday Spirit is going to be crushed before we hit the Bonus Match Day. -_-

~Mr. D. V. "Someone who had to learn the hard way about not being able to be here 24/7..." Devnull

[Edits made by Post Author for Missed Thoughts and Self-Exploding Formatting.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 11 December 2018 - 05:09 PM.

#53 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 11 December 2018 - 05:51 PM

Would've preferred to have the next set of events bundled into weekly events. Some of these are difficult to achieve on a single session, and some don't have the time to play each evening.

#54 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 11 December 2018 - 06:40 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 11 December 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

Why, Matt Newman (and/or anyone else involved)??? What are you thinking??? I just don't get this crazed madness at all!!! Posted Image

What is the big sudden & insane idea with all these Daily Challenges, instead of having more Challenge Set Phases? Why are you creating a situation that's...
  • stressful
  • over-focused
  • grind-loaded
  • a feeling like someone's in a "pressure cooker"
  • casual-unfriendly
  • monotonous
  • unenjoyable
  • non-accommodating of Real Life sidetracks
...and ALL during the End-Of-Year Holidays??? People are already crediting you for doing a Phase that had a longer run with more Challenges on one sheet. There was literally NO reason to change it into an insane scramble, when people are already encountering problems with even getting online to MWO at all. It happened to be far better to have the longer-running combinations of Challenges in order to allow people to participate when they're actually able, instead of forcing an untenable situation onto many of them. Worse, you're doing this when there's a number of things in-game that are now NOT working right at this time, and WILL NEED an extra Game Patch to fix! That's going to interrupt your Daily Challenges far too heavily, and blow them clean out of the water, as that Patch needs to happen very quickly! Posted Image

Bah....... Pardon me while I just go hang my head sadly, all while putting up with the new risk of family-caused failure. Frankly, I feel half already like my Holiday Spirit is going to be crushed before we hit the Bonus Match Day. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Someone who had to learn the hard way about not being able to be here 24/7..." Devnull

[Edits made by Post Author for Missed Thoughts and Self-Exploding Formatting.]

*Cackles madly!*

Jokes aside, this is one of the few times that a daily event makes sense, as its obviously a reference to advent calenders ( https://en.wikipedia...Advent_calendar for those unfamiliar with the custom)

(EDIT: Also just went through the rewards, you can skip a ton of this and not lose out on anything grand.)

Edited by Xeno Phalcon, 11 December 2018 - 06:48 PM.

#55 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 11 December 2018 - 06:48 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 11 December 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

Why, Matt Newman (and/or anyone else involved)??? What are you thinking??? I just don't get this crazed madness at all!!! Posted Image

Then don't get them all. You'll live.

I think the whole deal is pretty freaking awesome. Keep it up PGI!

#56 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 07:51 PM

I've extended each Daily to 4 days so there will be plenty of overlap.
The reason I went with Dailies is the Advent calendar tradition of getting something each day.
The reason the first phase all combined was to allow for Mech Con Attendees to be able to earn them.
I did say I would look at doing the second half in phases but I also noticed people ripped through the first set of challenges really quickly.
I think dailies are nice because there is a new goal each day.
Dailies are not a super common thing for me to do but I do think they provide something fun for players to log in and shoot for. each Day.

Hopefully, no one gets stressed out trying to achieve these challenges.
If you spot one that is particularly challenging let me know,

#57 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 07:53 PM

I like the one event per day format better, and if they each last ~four days instead of ~one day that's even better.

In fact for an advent calender tradition I wouldn't mind not being told what the daily prizes are, but I guess I should (have) just hold back from reading them :)

Edited by Humble Dexter, 11 December 2018 - 07:58 PM.

#58 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:07 PM

event per day .... sucsk lot gameSSS play Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by K19, 11 December 2018 - 08:07 PM.

#59 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:23 PM

You should of made this a new post on the front page, i missed it and I have been checking up on it all day. Only saw it because facebook told me
Just a heads up, cause others will probably miss out on this information as well.
Signed the Bruno

#60 Zyrocenus

• PipPipPip
  • Kapten
  • Kapten
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:05 AM

im SURE its been said....

but a bakers dozen is 13..... omg facepalm

Zyro

1 user(s) are reading this topic