Talk Of Carrots Is Pointless If You Ingnore Stick

44 replies to this topic

#21 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:00 PM

Looks like you're 0-2 on the forum posts there bud in just as many days. Looking forward to your next brilliant idea.

#22 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 11:35 PM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 10 December 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

You ain't no vet grus. I don't remember you from phase 1. When did arc 7 become a thing anyway? I have no memory of them before the end of phase 3.

You do see my founders tag right? but when FP 1 came out i think i was deployed.. so really didnt get a chance to pop in

#23 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 17 December 2018 - 06:45 AM

Founders tag is not equal to a vet, sorry. Usually almost the other way around. Hold LockS!

#24 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:18 AM

View PostSsamout, on 17 December 2018 - 06:45 AM, said:

Founders tag is not equal to a vet, sorry. Usually almost the other way around. Hold LockS!

Sorry i dont get tue reference, please explain.

#25 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 January 2019 - 05:43 AM

I'm always out of ******* cbills lol

Between buying the new mechs as they come out for cbills and skill tree costing over 4 million per mech and rebuilding the mech in a few different ways with new engines costing even more...I simply don't see how spending all your cbills is hard. I could probably spend 3 times as much as I do easily just to not ever strip mechs and move around engines and get multiples of nice omnimechs and so on.

#26 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:18 AM

Decouple FP cbills from QP cbills. "Vet" money won't apply.
Repair Rearm cbill sink.
?
Profit.

People are collecting their checks. Banking.
BUT ARE NOT PAYING THE BILLS!
So there is your disparity.
Big units (the chief complaint) have bigger bills. (Tax was weak)
And if it was tied to campaign only monies well the scrooge mcducks of cbills actually will feel the pinch of waging battles.
Reset each phase.

Edited by HammerMaster, 02 January 2019 - 07:46 AM.

#27 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:21 AM

View PostHammerMaster, on 02 January 2019 - 06:18 AM, said:

Decouple FP cbills from QP cbills. "Vet" money won't apply.
Repair Rearm cbill sink.
?
Profit.

People are collecting their checks. Banking.
BUT ARE NOT PAYING THE BILLS!
So there is your disparity.
Big units (the chief complaint) have bigger bills. (Tax was weak)
And if it was tied to campaign only monies well the scrooge mcducks of cbills actually will feel the pinch of waging battles.
Reset each phase.

...what?

#28 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:37 AM

Read slower I guess.

#29 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:12 AM

Make sense I guess.

I'm gonna try to decipher your word salad:

So your goal is to punish the 1 billion cbill players, and in order to do that you want to have QP cbills and FP cbills separated, and then FP cbills go to 0 with phase resets? You also want to reintroduce repair and rearm costs. And then some random unintelligible **** about big units.

If you think the people that are banking hundreds of millions of cbills in FP can't do the same exact thing in QP, you're mistaken. There are both FP only and QP only players who don't touch the other mode that have coffers in the billions. It doesn't matter where you play, as long as you're earning more than you're spending, your coffers will increase, the further you are in the game, the less your need to spend and the more you're going to save. A new player with 5 mechs has huge cbill requirements, a veteran with 300 skilled mechs has an extremely low cbill requirement, therefore you can take the billion cbills the 300 mech player sits on, and force them to start from 0, and they will right away start building up a new pile. So all you're going to accomplish is make it more difficult for new players who need to spend a lot of cbills.

Repair and rearm is the same problem, you're not going to do anything to the players that hardly have to buy anything anymore, what you will do is really hurt new players that do need c-bills to buy mechs, weapons, equipment and skills. Making repair and rearm so expensive so as to force even veterans to have net losses on drops will make the game unplayable for everyone.

Big units basically don't exist in the game anymore. People have no problem splitting their units up into sub tags of smaller units (I lost track, but I think there's like 20 CBR units now), and a lot of players have totally abandoned the unit system and just use their own tags to have total faction mobility. If you think there's still 500 player single tag units that que up for ghost drops to gain tags on planets for mc, you're a few years late bud.

#30 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:27 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 02 January 2019 - 10:12 AM, said:

Make sense I guess.

I'm gonna try to decipher your word salad:

So your goal is to punish the 1 billion cbill players, and in order to do that you want to have QP cbills and FP cbills separated, and then FP cbills go to 0 with phase resets? You also want to reintroduce repair and rearm costs. And then some random unintelligible **** about big units.

If you think the people that are banking hundreds of millions of cbills in FP can't do the same exact thing in QP, you're mistaken. There are both FP only and QP only players who don't touch the other mode that have coffers in the billions. It doesn't matter where you play, as long as you're earning more than you're spending, your coffers will increase, the further you are in the game, the less your need to spend and the more you're going to save. A new player with 5 mechs has huge cbill requirements, a veteran with 300 skilled mechs has an extremely low cbill requirement, therefore you can take the billion cbills the 300 mech player sits on, and force them to start from 0, and they will right away start building up a new pile. So all you're going to accomplish is make it more difficult for new players who need to spend a lot of cbills.

Repair and rearm is the same problem, you're not going to do anything to the players that hardly have to buy anything anymore, what you will do is really hurt new players that do need c-bills to buy mechs, weapons, equipment and skills. Making repair and rearm so expensive so as to force even veterans to have net losses on drops will make the game unplayable for everyone.

Big units basically don't exist in the game anymore. People have no problem splitting their units up into sub tags of smaller units (I lost track, but I think there's like 20 CBR units now), and a lot of players have totally abandoned the unit system and just use their own tags to have total faction mobility. If you think there's still 500 player single tag units that que up for ghost drops to gain tags on planets for mc, you're a few years late bud.

TLDR?
Word salad. Bleu cheese please.
Unintelligible *****. Rude. Seriously.
Punish units. Yes. Punishment. Especially you.

Now seriously. You missed the point.
Coffers get filled with little to no expenditure.
Repair and rearm is more immersive and regulates the meta trash build pervasive in the system. As in AC/lrm spam costs c bills and more beam based is more economical. Snowflake mechlab specials should cost more to maintain also.
Medium and light mechs are also VERY economical!
People keep calling for all these changes and want all the boons and benefits but don't want to do any work on the back end.
Guess what. Doing business costs money.
You mechlab. Money.
You fly. Money.
You shoot. Money.
You repair your slagged rig. MONEY.
Sense a pattern?
And decoupled money with a reset with phase should limit any one unit or faction gaining astronomical influence.
Capiche?
Yes it's not an easy answer. Yes it takes work and commitment.
But acrade style fw is abhorrent.

(Quick forum post on my phone is forum post. Don't see how offense is taken that I didn't format it like a senior thesis.)

Edited by HammerMaster, 02 January 2019 - 10:53 AM.

#31 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:54 AM

Still ignoring the biggest problem which I described amply. Any sort of system to prevent building up cbills for veterans basically makes the game completely unplayable for newer players as they need to use cbills a lot more.

Yes, lets make ammo cost money and force players to only play lasers and ppcs, making less playstyles viable is always good for the game.

There are currently no units or factions in FP that have astronomical influence. The map/planet capture aspect of the game is dead, PGI killed it and we buried it. It is done. FP is just GQ with no weight restriction for larger groups, different game modes with drop decks, ability to set mechs after map/mode is known, and much more interesting and dynamic gameplay with no nascar. IMO it is far superior to QP/GQ in terms of quality of gameplay and a lot less frustration. But there's no point pretending that planets matter to anyone anymore.

#32 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:55 AM

View PostHammerMaster, on 02 January 2019 - 10:27 AM, said:

TLDR?
Word salad. Bleu cheese please.
Unintelligible *****. Rude. Seriously.
Punish units. Yes. Punishment. Especially you.

Now seriously. You missed the point.
Coffers get filled with little to no expenditure.
Repair and rearm is more immersive and regulates the meta trash build pervasive in the system. As in AC/lrm spam costs c bills and more beam based is more economical. Snowflake mechlab specials should cost more to maintain also.
As are more medium and light mechs.
People keep calling for all these changes and want all the boons and benefits but don't want to do any work on the back end.
Guess what. Doing business costs money.
You mechlab. Money.
You fly. Money.
You shoot. Money.
You repair your slagged rig. MONEY.
Sense a pattern?
And decoupled money with a reset with phase should limit any one unit or faction gaining astronomical influence.
Capiche?
Yes it's not an easy answer. Yes it takes work and commitment.
But acrade style fw is abhorrent.

(Quick forum post on my phone is forum post. Don't see how offense is taken that I didn't format it like a senior thesis.)

As I've been here since closed Beta and have who knows how many drops, I know for me personally if they take my C-bills I've earned playing this game and spending real money along the way to support it I'll be one of those than leave and takes my real world money with me and they can keep the play money they are stealing with this stupid reset the C-bills talk.

#33 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:09 AM

View PostLeggin Ho, on 02 January 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

As I've been here since closed Beta and have who knows how many drops, I know for me personally if they take my C-bills I've earned playing this game and spending real money along the way to support it I'll be one of those than leave and takes my real world money with me and they can keep the play money they are stealing with this stupid reset the C-bills talk.

Just in faction sir.

#34 Leggin Ho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBristol, Va

Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:13 AM

View PostHammerMaster, on 02 January 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

Just in faction sir.

For me unless there's a event like the last one where I can hit the QP for fast games, I only play Faction the rest of the year, I have 280+ skilled mechs and play both sides, major point is I've invest my real world time playing to earn the C-bills and exp so for them to decide that they are resetting a cycle and stealing what I've spent time earning, it'll be the end of my time here.

#35 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:16 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 02 January 2019 - 10:54 AM, said:

Still ignoring the biggest problem which I described amply. Any sort of system to prevent building up cbills for veterans basically makes the game completely unplayable for newer players as they need to use cbills a lot more.

Yes, lets make ammo cost money and force players to only play lasers and ppcs, making less playstyles viable is always good for the game.

There are currently no units or factions in FP that have astronomical influence. The map/planet capture aspect of the game is dead, PGI killed it and we buried it. It is done. FP is just GQ with no weight restriction for larger groups, different game modes with drop decks, ability to set mechs after map/mode is known, and much more interesting and dynamic gameplay with no nascar. IMO it is far superior to QP/GQ in terms of quality of gameplay and a lot less frustration. But there's no point pretending that planets matter to anyone anymore.

Fixed beginning resources at start of phase.
All this is rhetorical anyway as this boat sailed.
People are NOT coming back.
Big sweeping changes needed or not are not going to made.
Had true build rules and economy been properly instated originally, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
True BattleTech fans would have stayed and kept footing the bill.
Amply.

View PostLeggin Ho, on 02 January 2019 - 11:13 AM, said:

For me unless there's a event like the last one where I can hit the QP for fast games, I only play Faction the rest of the year, I have 280+ skilled mechs and play both sides, major point is I've invest my real world time playing to earn the C-bills and exp so for them to decide that they are resetting a cycle and stealing what I've spent time earning, it'll be the end of my time here.

Edited by HammerMaster, 02 January 2019 - 11:18 AM.

#36 Jaybles-The-PegLeg-PotatoCaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 383 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:07 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 02 January 2019 - 11:16 AM, said:

All this is rhetorical anyway as this boat sailed.
People are NOT coming back.
Big sweeping changes needed or not are not going to made.

Why propose something preposterous, then acknowledge 3 posts later that it is an exercise in futility?

Most of the people on the FP forums will engage you in the theoretical if you're actually serious about proposing ideas PGI might consider.

#37 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:18 PM

View PostJaybles-The-PegLeg-PotatoCaptain, on 02 January 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

Why propose something preposterous, then acknowledge 3 posts later that it is an exercise in futility?

Most of the people on the FP forums will engage you in the theoretical if you're actually serious about proposing ideas PGI might consider.

Please.
I think we all acknowledge the futility.
It's not preposterous to those of us who want more depth than rockem sockem robots.
As the OP stated. There is no stick now. And you all don't want a stick.

Bringing more of your unit to shout me down?

Edited by HammerMaster, 02 January 2019 - 01:26 PM.

#38 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:38 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 02 January 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

Bringing more of your unit to shout me down?
Posted Image

#39 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:46 PM

Nice.

Edited by HammerMaster, 02 January 2019 - 01:50 PM.

#40 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:02 PM

Yes, we will unleash our unstoppable horde of about 15 to bring down poor little old you

but once spiderman has made an appearance we all know where this is headed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users