Its Time To Increase Clan Drop Weight Again

26 replies to this topic

Poll: Change Clan Deck Weight (63 member(s) have cast votes)

So what do you want ?

1. More Clan Deck weight (28 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

2. Less Clan Deck weight (5 votes [7.94%])

Percentage of vote: 7.94%

3. Same Clan Deck weight (30 votes [47.62%])

Percentage of vote: 47.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:40 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 15 December 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

If I'm not wrong, that's exactly what PGI announced it was going to do.

But the way they're doing it (prioritizing the biggest groups first, even when the other side has no groups left at all), I think it's going to backfire for the side with the less groups queued.

There's a video on YouTube from PGI detailing this.

Look at what I quoted. You are wrong because of what you believe groups will do. Right now there is a dominant group in NA prime time that other groups will continue to actively avoid in order to get victories. These guys are not going to be incentivized by anything that won't get them the W.

Consider groups gen rushing. The pay is terrible for gen rushing, and if you care at all about stats, throwing away mechs without putting out any damage to other guys mechs will kill your stats. There are players, and not just a few but a bunch that don't care. They don't care if they have poor stats or getting tons of cbills, they want that win.

So my point is that it is a difficult task to try and figure out strong enough incentives when you have so many different motives floating around.

Good news is though as long as teams can freely switch, the better players will generally be unafraid to do so to get quick matches.

#22 Commander James Raynor

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:26 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 12 December 2018 - 09:09 PM, said:

Joking : When was the last time you killed a 100T Clan mech in Faction play, or saw one manage to kill your 100T IS mech in a top ranked Solaris duel ? Posted Image

PGI knew what they were doing when they raised Clan Decks back from 240T to 255T : They were trying to make Clan Decks more attractive to inexperienced new MWO players, because they're not.

But no matter how totally clueless a new player is when joining MWO : Odds are he can still read what the top page of any Solaris Leaderboard Division looks like, and even a 400T Clan Deck made of four underperforming 100T Clan mechs isn't going to change that Posted Image

You can drop Clan Decks straight down to 230T... But that would be even more clueless new IS mechs for Clan players to shoot at, and even more Ghost Drops for the excess amount of IS players to queue for.

He's right about the 100t clan mechs being useless. They nerfed their mobility so much, their geometry is so wide and their quirks are so non-existant that they can't do anyting. They can't poke, they can't charge, they can't keep up with the team, they can't tank (and this is the worst part. an assault that's made of paper defeats the whole purpose) and given the constant weapon nerfs, they can't be a huge threat either. IS has the RACs and the heavy gauss, so you really want to avoid standing in front of a Fafnir, but what can a DWF do to you? shoot AC2? shoot lasers and overheat?

#23 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:55 AM

View PostCommander James Raynor, on 18 December 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

He's right about the 100t clan mechs being useless. They nerfed their mobility so much, their geometry is so wide and their quirks are so non-existant that they can't do anyting. They can't poke, they can't charge, they can't keep up with the team, they can't tank (and this is the worst part. an assault that's made of paper defeats the whole purpose) and given the constant weapon nerfs, they can't be a huge threat either. IS has the RACs and the heavy gauss, so you really want to avoid standing in front of a Fafnir, but what can a DWF do to you? shoot AC2? shoot lasers and overheat?

KDK-3 quad gauss for defence.. DO IT!
DRW-UV 8lbx2 dakka is stronk.

#24 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:48 PM

View PostGrus, on 18 December 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

KDK-3 quad gauss for defence.. DO IT!
DRW-UV 8lbx2 dakka is stronk.

Please don't.

Kdk3-4x lb10
kdk3 4 ac10 (YES AC 10 NOT UAC10)
kdk3 2 gauss/2ppc (yes it still works dont be bad)

direwolf
1uac20 2 uac10 2 uac5.
8 AC2
2 LPL 6EERML 2gauss

or if your really feeling saucy, 13 heavy large + 6 ERML. it stings the good sting

#25 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 05:40 AM

View PostSsamout, on 16 December 2018 - 10:01 AM, said:

FAKE NEWS.
There has never been pugs vs pugs and groups vs groups split. All that was tried was a "unit queue" and a "not in a unit queue". So solo unit players were dropped in that group vs group queue of yours. And at that same patch they released scouting mode that took a lot of "not in a unit queue" players away from that "pugs only" queue.

So players without a unit were making one man units so that they could drop in unit queue, where majority of players were dropping. The ones I talked to reported it really hard to get matches in that pug-queue. Dunno how long one had to wait in queue as I was in a unit and thus could not try that queue.

I too played that time, i dropped my unit to check out the pug que.
This is "just" my experience but the waiting time felt acceptable and the matches have felt rather balanced.

And, yes, a lot of former unitless players made one man units so they could keep playing with members of other units. That doesn't changed the fact that there was still a unit less pick up only que at that time.

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 20 December 2018 - 05:42 AM.

#26 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 09:47 AM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 19 December 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

Please don't.

Kdk3-4x lb10
kdk3 4 ac10 (YES AC 10 NOT UAC10)
kdk3 2 gauss/2ppc (yes it still works dont be bad)

direwolf
1uac20 2 uac10 2 uac5.
8 AC2
2 LPL 6EERML 2gauss

or if your really feeling saucy, 13 heavy large + 6 ERML. it stings the good sting

DONT YOU FISS MY QUAD GAUSS! 60ppd in lest than 3 secs and i can twist between shots... plus, people dont like getting hit with gauss and tend to freek out ;) just makes it easy.

Direwolf-s
2lpl 2hll 6mpl 2lmg 103 alpha.

#27 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 03:45 PM

4 EBJ! 4 EBJ!
4 EBJ! 4 EBJ!
4 EBJ! 4 EBJ!

GIMMEEEE!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic