Which Is The Best Mech On Sale Right Now?

11 replies to this topic

#1 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 18 December 2018 - 12:23 AM

I was thinking of buying one but I can't make up my mind yet. I personally want to try a clan Medium laser mech but not sure which one to go for.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 18 December 2018 - 12:48 AM

Wait for the Hellbringer to go on sale.

#3 O L L O

• PipPipPip
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 12:53 AM

Of those on sale now, Id get a Linebacker and perhaps an Orion IIC on the clan side, and the laser Roughneck on the IS side.

#4 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 18 December 2018 - 03:50 AM

HBK-IIC-A best clan medium laser boat i can think of. 2lpl +erm or 2heavy+erm . packed full of DHS.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 18 December 2018 - 03:52 AM.

#5 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:43 AM

Yeah, I was looking at the clan Hunchback variants and tried some of the clan-only laser weapons. I have to say, close 70 damage with an alpha strike is quite something.

I am alternating between Bounty Hunter (AC20, ERPPC, 6 ML) and Kraken (AC20, 2 MRM30). Seeing the laser vomit with equal or more damage at this scale is a scary thing and *cough* *ahem* " We Wants It!" Cool shots, Firepower heat gen nodes and Cool Run nodes should help with the heat along with a boat load of DHS.

I'm still looking at some more mechs. I was wondering if there's a mech that can run ECM like the Paralyzer and still have the clan-level laser vomit.

#6 FireStoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:13 AM

Fragtastic, if you're considering dropping MC on the Bounty Hunter II - do it. It is an absolutely superb 75 ton mech and deep in my heart, I know I feel comfortable facing off against any Clan heavy in a fair fight with it. Well, except the Orion IIC (A) running the LBX 20, A+SRM 6 x4 build.

#7 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:25 PM

View PostFireStoat, on 18 December 2018 - 10:13 AM, said:

Fragtastic, if you're considering dropping MC on the Bounty Hunter II - do it. It is an absolutely superb 75 ton mech and deep in my heart, I know I feel comfortable facing off against any Clan heavy in a fair fight with it. Well, except the Orion IIC (A) running the LBX 20, A+SRM 6 x4 build.

I already have it Posted Image I'm using the AC20 + 6ML + ERPPC in the loadout. Runs hot but manageable and packs a serious punch. I was actually thinking about turning it into a laser vomit but the clan lasers are just better and the mechs are faster. Also, I have a lot of IS mechs and only 2 Clan (Cipher from MC sale and Revenant from the Solaris pack). Hence why I want a clan mech and a laser vomit version on top of that.

I really want to try a laser vomit with ECM this time. I found the IS Paralyzer but no Hero mechs on the clan side that can use ECM.

#8 Maugged

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 04:47 AM

I run a Hunchback IIC A with 6 MPL in shoulders and 2 ML in torso which does pretty well. Decent armor, decent speed and good damage. Heats up a bit but usually enemy mechs don't like its lasers vomit.

#9 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 19 December 2018 - 05:35 AM

Cypher - slightly less sustained damage than the PIR 1, but potentially better range if you stack er-smalls. Six machine guns is still a decent armament to continue to shoot with when your heat is too high. For ~750 MC it's very reasonably priced that imo makes it one of the best Hero 'Mechs you can get.

#10 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 517 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 05:44 AM

if you wanna have a very good mech and the most fun you can get outta that:
K9.
lights and siren come as standard and are MANDATORY TO USE, AT ALL TIMES.

Urbiemech - Bestmech.

#11 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 12:17 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 18 December 2018 - 07:25 PM, said:

I already have it Posted Image I'm using the AC20 + 6ML + ERPPC in the loadout. Runs hot but manageable and packs a serious punch. I was actually thinking about turning it into a laser vomit but the clan lasers are just better and the mechs are faster. Also, I have a lot of IS mechs and only 2 Clan (Cipher from MC sale and Revenant from the Solaris pack). Hence why I want a clan mech and a laser vomit version on top of that.

I really want to try a laser vomit with ECM this time. I found the IS Paralyzer but no Hero mechs on the clan side that can use ECM.

It makes a great Laser boat. I think I run 2 LPLs and 5 ER MLs on my BH and it kicks ***. It is also a lie that Clan Lasers are better. IS laser still enjoy shorter beam durations, faster rates of fire and are generally less taxing in the heat department. My experience is that IS lasers are more about DPS over the course of the match, while Clan lasers are more about alpha. The effect of high damage alpha strikes are very obvious which leads people to think they are always superior but the potential damage IS lasers can do over the course of a match, while very subtle, is about the same.

#12 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 19 December 2018 - 07:02 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 19 December 2018 - 05:35 AM, said:

Cypher - slightly less sustained damage than the PIR 1, but potentially better range if you stack er-smalls. Six machine guns is still a decent armament to continue to shoot with when your heat is too high. For ~750 MC it's very reasonably priced that imo makes it one of the best Hero 'Mechs you can get.

I have that, too. I think I already mentioned that. I haven't used it a lot 'cause it was on the back of Javelin 11F and constant scouting-backstabbing gameplay was getting kind of old.

View PostViktor Drake, on 19 December 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

It makes a great Laser boat. I think I run 2 LPLs and 5 ER MLs on my BH and it kicks ***. It is also a lie that Clan Lasers are better. IS laser still enjoy shorter beam durations, faster rates of fire and are generally less taxing in the heat department. My experience is that IS lasers are more about DPS over the course of the match, while Clan lasers are more about alpha. The effect of high damage alpha strikes are very obvious which leads people to think they are always superior but the potential damage IS lasers can do over the course of a match, while very subtle, is about the same.

I see. You may be right in saying that Clan and IS lasers are the same in terms of potential damage although they go about it in different ways (Alpha vs DPS respectively).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users