Stocking Stuffer 2018 Extended To Jan 3Rd 4 Pm Pst!

108 replies to this topic

#61 Monarch Meowrauder

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 04:14 PM

Oh doh...this is great. Went by the event timer on the stocking page, saying it ends on Jan 3rd 0000z, but it ended on 2nd Jan 0000. How did this not get fixed earlier when timings were mismatched?

Bloody one stocking short, that's a bummer >.>

#62 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 01 January 2019 - 04:28 PM

W T F, come on PGI. I planned the stocking stuffer event so I could finish it on the 1st during the evening EST (2nd 0000+ UTC) since the holidays are busy. I too just realized that the stocking stuffer event ended, even though it says 00:00 on January 3rd. It ended on 00:00 on January 2nd and I have 29 stocking stuffer picks left for full completion.

Honestly, I know it's you guys just giving away free stuff and all, but please try and get the simple things right in 2019. It's these kind of minor follow up mess ups that compound over time and make people just think you guys are just a "wanna buy a mechpack?" company that doesn't show a modicum of care to fostering its player base. There are quite literally phone games that do events better.

Seriously, bad show. Starting 2019 off with a bang. GG logging off.

Edited by Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, 02 January 2019 - 08:26 AM.

#63 QBasic Warrior

Rookie

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 7 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 01 January 2019 - 05:06 PM

Hey, the timer says I still got one day left in the challenge. I'm so darn close! What's going on?

#64 Jesse Custer

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 05:14 PM

Thought I was just crazy. Yeah, the event ended a day early, Matt.

#65 Thiol

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 05:33 PM

Very frustrating :/ Sort of leaves a bad taste.
I do appreciate the free stuff, but was only 4 matches away from the free mech. :(

#66 OSIRRUS

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 05:42 PM

I got rekt by this event ending early too. I would have played an extra game or two yesterday if I had KNOWN it was ending prematurely. But instead I am left today with 248/250 for the Snowflake Camo unlock. RIP :(

#67 Jesse Custer

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 05:51 PM

I'm sure Matt will get it sorted out. He always has before. But yeah, kinda puts a damper on things. Only been able to hop on yesterday and today, so I was just brushing up against the free mech.

#68 Monarch Meowrauder

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 05:51 PM

View PostOSIRRUS, on 01 January 2019 - 05:42 PM, said:

I got rekt by this event ending early too. I would have played an extra game or two yesterday if I had KNOWN it was ending prematurely. But instead I am left today with 248/250 for the Snowflake Camo unlock. RIP Posted Image

I was 1 away, might have squeezed a match in if it wasn't bloody polar lurmlands with conquest...even wanting to leeroy to finish the match is hard when you have to walk 2-3km

#69 xXJayeDuBXx

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:10 PM

Nice work PGI, event page says that it ends Jan. 2 at 4pm PST. Thanks...

#70 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:12 PM

I love things that PGI does, but at the same time, you guys are really surprised?

#71 Urban Renewal

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 46 posts
  • LocationUrbs Indomita!

Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:24 PM

View PostMonarch Meowrauder, on 01 January 2019 - 05:51 PM, said:

I was 1 away, might have squeezed a match in if it wasn't bloody polar lurmlands with conquest...even wanting to leeroy to finish the match is hard when you have to walk 2-3km

I'm at 249/250.

Figured I had a whole day left, and I could safely help my kid with the bath, so I left it for later. Lol, I should have listened to the voice of experience that was warning me about this.

View PostMovinTarget, on 01 January 2019 - 06:12 PM, said:

I love things that PGI does, but at the same time, you guys are really surprised?

I didn't exactly expect it, but no, certainly not surprised given past performance.

#72 Kaylock

Rookie

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:26 PM

Yay Come back to MWO for the Xmas Special. Get screwed. YAY PGI FTW

Make it damn hard to stay.

Give me my damn earned MECH

#73 Zpector

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:32 PM

No kidding right? I had stuff to do and just got back to play some more. Two matches in and no rewards, was like wtf. The counter till the event ends is still running on the page.

Edit: After looking back through the thread, I see there was a counter in game that was correct, wish I had known that. PGI, please make sure your counters match between website and game please. Can't complain too much though I guess, I hardly ever play and still have the two mechs from the giveaway coming.

So all in all, a good event, but you could alleviate some frustration by making sure all your counters and times given in your announcement matched on future events. Knowing there are counters for events that are running in the game client will probably help in the future, as they are more likely the correct one.

Edited by Zpector, 01 January 2019 - 07:06 PM.

#74 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:57 PM

More 5 days end event PLZ Posted Image Posted Image These last days is to be close to people who like not to play. That is why gratitude is prolonged. Posted Image

#75 Vick Dalentine

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:00 PM

While people can act pretty entitled and annoying when it comes to free stuff, this IS extremely misleading and I think people have a right to feel cheated here, especially those who specifically planned to finish up the event based on the amount of time that the website CLAIMS we still have. It's a bad look, and this is coming from a new player who was just starting to get into this game.

#76 Jesse Custer

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:12 PM

Yeah, I wasn't paying attention to the in-game event counter because the website is where redemption takes place. Kinda pointless to bother with the in-game event page during the lootbag events.

#77 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:18 PM

The timer for the event says we still have a day to finish this but the event is already over. What gives?
  • End: Jan 2nd 4:00:00 PM (PST) / Jan 3rd 12:00:00 AM (UTC)

Edited by Mikayshen, 01 January 2019 - 07:24 PM.

#78 EasyPickings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 192 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:19 PM

Same here. Played 5 or 6 matches over an hour with the event page still counting down with 20+ hours till the end of the event, but no loot bags. I tried waiting an hour for the refresh, but after an hour still nothing.

The event page clearly states the end time/date, but hasn't been awarding loot bags for the final day of play.

#79 Lord Gooch

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:01 PM

Oh this is just pathetic - how can they always get this wrong? I had set aside tonight to finish up and get to 250! There's an in-game counter? Never saw it. Did keep checking the website - with clear start/end dates and a counter that is still showing time left! PGI - way to go!

#80 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:16 PM

The date on the banners for the Stocking Stuffer event pages (not the tournament pages) are actually Dec 19 - Dec 2 and Dec 25 - Dec 2. So really we should be getting 350 days to finish them Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users