Uziel Or Vindicator Build Suggestions?

18 replies to this topic

#1 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 19 December 2018 - 06:09 PM

Having a really tough time getting a good foothold in Div 7. So far I've had the best luck with a 2x MRM30 UZL-5P...but not that much luck. I've also got a 1AA Vindicator but it's been terrible. I wouldn't be opposed to replacing either of them with other mechs, but I would prefer to try and get the Uziel sorted (personal preference...I really like the Uziel).

Build suggestions would be appreciated.

#2 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 20 December 2018 - 01:13 AM

There's not really anything good you can do with the Uziel besides MRM boating, the mech doesn't have the hardpoints to do anything else.

Freo19 (Freon 20?) beat me twice with a 3xMPL 1xLPL Vindicator, which pissed me off so I stole his build and ran with with it. It's amazing. Pulse laser hitscan is fantastic against light mechs, their speed and poking doesn't help much against the rapid 28-damage alphas. Against MRM boats you can just kite them and force them at mid-long range where their MRMs are trash.

ez mech GG gonna get kicked to Div 6 at this rate.

#3 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 20 December 2018 - 03:26 AM

Freo annoys me because he can sit still while I hammer him and he takes me out with a couple of alphas. I tried his build without luck but I'll try it again...I've always been a ballistics person, lasers take some getting use to.

#4 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 22 December 2018 - 07:28 AM

My Vindicator 1x, with jj, 1 ams, 1 mrm40, 2ermed and 3 lmg is a beast. Tough like an heavy, turning rates (Turn and torso twist) are pretty good. Good enough location for Xl if you want.

I like it! One of my best medium.

#5 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 23 December 2018 - 02:35 AM

View PostDamnedtroll, on 22 December 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

My Vindicator 1x, with jj, 1 ams, 1 mrm40, 2ermed and 3 lmg is a beast. Tough like an heavy, turning rates (Turn and torso twist) are pretty good. Good enough location for Xl if you want.

I like it! One of my best medium.

ERML and LMG in Solaris are bad. The added range has little value in Solaris vs the increased DPS of HMG and small pulse, especially when the core of your build is an MRM 40 which you want to HUG your enemies with to reduce travel time and spread.

Also this isn't 8 months ago. VND-1X is a Div 5 mech, not Div 7. Posted Image

#6 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 06:12 AM

View PostAlcom Isst, on 23 December 2018 - 02:35 AM, said:

ERML and LMG in Solaris are bad. The added range has little value in Solaris vs the increased DPS of HMG and small pulse, especially when the core of your build is an MRM 40 which you want to HUG your enemies with to reduce travel time and spread.

Also this isn't 8 months ago. VND-1X is a Div 5 mech, not Div 7. Posted Image

I don't care about Solaris... but doing over 500 damage most of the time with it if i put it in my FP deck or when I use it in QP.

#7 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 23 December 2018 - 06:46 AM

View PostDamnedtroll, on 23 December 2018 - 06:12 AM, said:

I don't care about Solaris... but doing over 500 damage most of the time with it if i put it in my FP deck or when I use it in QP.

This is a Solaris subforum about Solarising in Solaris, so I'm just going to not read that sentence and ask a follow-up question because I missed something.

View PostDamnedtroll, on 22 December 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

1 ams

Why would you take AMS into Div 5? Is there a secret ATM HBK-IIC-B meta that I'm not aware of?

#8 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 08:10 AM

View PostDamnedtroll, on 23 December 2018 - 06:12 AM, said:

that's a shame considering I'm asking about solaris builds. Solaris builds don't fair quite so well quick play, and quick play builds don't do as well in solaris.

View PostAlcom Isst, on 23 December 2018 - 06:46 AM, said:

Why would you take AMS into Div 5? Is there a secret ATM HBK-IIC-B meta that I'm not aware of?

I can...kind of...answer this. My strong divisions are 1, 2, and 3 and it doesn't do me good there...but I think I got a pretty fair grasp of 4,5, and 6...and those divisions have a lot of SRM's and MRM's. 4 has a lot of Zeus builds with a lot of missiles...I think that's the only division I actually planned my mech to have an AMS. 5 and 6 if I have room to for an AMS I'm going to opt for it over more ammo or a heat sink.

Can't say much about 7...I think I'm going to have to bail on 7. Can't seem to do anything right there.

#9 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 23 December 2018 - 08:15 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 23 December 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

...and those divisions have a lot of SRM's and MRM's.

SRM and MRM boats don't really balk at AMS. SRMs fire every missile simultaneously so AMS only take out one or two in an alpha. MRMs don't care either as the large volume of 1-damage missiles also doesn't lose much.

#10 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 10:24 AM

You’re absolutely correct. AMS is only taking out a few missiles, but sometimes thats enough to carry a match. Plus, sometimes an exra ton and a half of ammo or another heatsink doesnt make your build more effective, so why not?

#11 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:34 PM

View PostMakenzie71, on 20 December 2018 - 03:26 AM, said:

Freo annoys me because he can sit still while I hammer him and he takes me out with a couple of alphas. I tried his build without luck but I'll try it again...I've always been a ballistics person, lasers take some getting use to.

That player loves his large pulse lasers . Cannot deny its effectiveness .

#12 MrXanthios

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:58 AM

uziel 6p with 6 medium pulse is not that bad if you can aim

#13 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:40 AM

View PostMrXanthios, on 13 January 2019 - 08:58 AM, said:

uziel 6p with 6 medium pulse is not that bad if you can aim

Oh my gosh Uziel 6P is division 5 can none of you pay attention?

#14 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 04:50 PM

View PostAlcom Isst, on 23 December 2018 - 06:46 AM, said:

This is a Solaris subforum about Solarising in Solaris, so I'm just going to not read that sentence and ask a follow-up question because I missed something.

Used it in Solaris with the difference of 3HMG, std med laser and no ams replacing the lmg and ermed. Done some good with it. Vindicator is a tank and it's his main strenght.

Edited by Damnedtroll, 19 January 2019 - 04:50 PM.

#15 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:18 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 19 December 2018 - 06:09 PM, said:

Having a really tough time getting a good foothold in Div 7. So far I've had the best luck with a 2x MRM30 UZL-5P...but not that much luck. I've also got a 1AA Vindicator but it's been terrible. I wouldn't be opposed to replacing either of them with other mechs, but I would prefer to try and get the Uziel sorted (personal preference...I really like the Uziel).

Vindicator AA is fine with MRM40 and 4xSPL. Uziel 6P with 2xMRM-30 is another option.

This said, Freo does kick my *** every time, so...

#16 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:34 AM

View PostHorseman, on 20 January 2019 - 01:18 AM, said:

Vindicator AA is fine with MRM40 and 4xSPL. Uziel 6P with 2xMRM-30 is another option.

This said, Freo does kick my *** every time, so...

Freo is not kicking anybodies butt in div 7 anymore at least not with vindicator . Moved to div 6 . Anyone who was dumb enough to copy the Grandmasters mech of choice are also back to square one............ again . This is second time i lost a div 7 mech cause its too good .

Now i need to save cbills and go shopping for the least sucky mech but hopefully still sucky enough to NOT to move up next season .

I sold that vindicator . Div 7 was the only reason i tolerated that ugly mech in my garage . Naturally i gave it a whoop load of skillpoints before i checked to see if it moved or not . Very very annoyed .

Edited by Pain G0D, 23 January 2019 - 03:35 AM.

#17 VigorousApathy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 130 posts
  • LocationI have no idea. Im getting sky high in a spider 5v.

Posted 25 January 2019 - 03:36 PM

I had a really fun time last season in div 7 with a basic old spider 5d with the 3 mpls. As far as my opposition, was mostly the vindi's with mrm40 and assorted lasers.

#18 UnkerZ

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:23 PM

View PostMakenzie71, on 19 December 2018 - 06:09 PM, said:

Imma not sure... but my kitfox seems to be having fun down there if you like firepower - i.e. SRM boating. My Panther brings good balance of armor but relies on steady MPL and some backup SRMs.

My VND is stuck in T6 tho, but he seems okay there so far with MRM's and focused lasers.

Edited by UnkerZ, 25 January 2019 - 07:23 PM.

#19 Lurm God

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:41 PM

As always use the in game interface and check out some of the top pilot builds. Some will be troll as you can game the window but most will leave in their proper build.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users