#1 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 336 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 26 December 2018 - 05:48 PM

How? I've already searched and saw someone provide the answer of clicking over to the 'Decal Colors' tab by way of the blue button under the decals or the Color tab in the 'Warehouse' menu, but...

It seems that I can't apply the color that I own (I've only bought one basic one for c-bills) to any of my decals. Clicking on the color while in the 'Decal Colors' tab does nothing, and all of my decals have a 'locked' tab on them.

That said, I haven't spent any MC's on decals. I've just earned lots of Christmas ones. Are those unique in a way that they can't be colored?

Thanks.

#2 Dirt Devil1

• PipPipPip
  • Major
  • Major
  • 57 posts
  • LocationCoquille, OR

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:26 PM

You can not change the colors of those decals that are locked. If you put say the goblin decal on your Mech you can change its color.

#3 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 December 2018 - 02:15 AM

View Postrenzor51, on 26 December 2018 - 05:48 PM, said:

How? I've already searched and saw someone provide the answer of clicking over to the 'Decal Colors' tab by way of the blue button under the decals or the Color tab in the 'Warehouse' menu, but...

It seems that I can't apply the color that I own (I've only bought one basic one for c-bills) to any of my decals. Clicking on the color while in the 'Decal Colors' tab does nothing, and all of my decals have a 'locked' tab on them.

That said, I haven't spent any MC's on decals. I've just earned lots of Christmas ones. Are those unique in a way that they can't be colored?

There's a large number of non-colorable decals. The Christmas ones are among them.

#4 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,298 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 02:38 AM

View Postrenzor51, on 26 December 2018 - 05:48 PM, said:

Thanks.

View PostDirt Devil1, on 26 December 2018 - 06:26 PM, said:

You can not change the colors of those decals that are locked. If you put say the goblin decal on your Mech you can change its color.

Even further, the ones that can be recolored all start out looking either straight black-and-white in the Decal List or a basic bright orange while you're trying to stick them on the Mech which you want to paint. Any that can not be recolored already come with a rather unique artist-designed color configuration that's immediately visible, and are therefore marked as being Locked when you try to recolor them on your Mech's body. If you wish to easily differentiate between the two kinds of Decals, please go to "MechLab > Camo Spec > Owned > Decals", followed by picking either "Non-Colorable" or "Colorable" from the Drop-Down Menu List which appears there. :huh:

, sorry that you seem to have encountered a Decal that apparently can not be recolored. Any chance I could ask you to list exactly which Decals are giving you this headache right now? :mellow:

~D. V. "Decal coloring has some occasionally troublesome rules." Devnull

#5 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 336 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:23 AM

Thanks, guys.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users