26 replies to this topic

#1 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:18 PM

What the hell is happening recently as if games weren't ropy enough now pretty much in every match there's a team kill and or at least one suicide?

Whats happened to players. Are folk so desperate for their K/D ratio that they must fire at all costs or is it dare i say it. Only newbies left? (certainly seems that way)..

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:22 PM

More suicides is directly a result of the LFE and CXL side torso penalties being ramped up.

#3 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:56 PM

Most of the team kills I've seen are unintentional. I might suicide during a last stand. Override shut down and mash all my firing buttons while aimed at an unfortunate opponent!

#4 The Image

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:57 PM

JUST STAY OUT OF MY DAMNED RED SMOKE YOU SILLY MORONS!!!

#5 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 01:15 PM

I noticed a lot of new players (in Faction Play), accompanied by a lot of team kill mistakes.

Wrong time to release the side torso penalties :)

#6 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:01 PM

There are two players sync-dropping on streamers to TK them, recently. One is named after a [Redacted] and the other is a [Redacted]. Both get on VoIP and speak with what can only be described as an artificial speech impediment and follow the streamer around, looking for an opportunity to leg them in the hope that they get retaliated against so they can report the streamer.

They've gone after Reckless, FioraBunny, and King Harkinian so far as I've seen, personally.

Edited by draiocht, 04 January 2019 - 04:22 PM.
name & shame issue

#7 The Image

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:05 PM

View PostY E O N N E, on 04 January 2019 - 02:01 PM, said:

There are two players sync-dropping on streamers to TK them, recently. One is named after a [Redacted] and the other is a [Redacted]. Both get on VoIP and speak with what can only be described as an artificial speech impediment and follow the streamer around, looking for an opportunity to leg them in the hope that they get retaliated against so they can report the streamer.

They've gone after Reckless, FioraBunny, and King Harkinian so far as I've seen, personally.
Well it is still a holiday for all the school age children. This is what happens when you let your kids have unmonitored access to computers.

Edited by draiocht, 04 January 2019 - 04:23 PM.
Quote Clean-up

#8 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:10 PM

View PostY E O N N E, on 04 January 2019 - 02:01 PM, said:

majestic last night as well.

has anyone sent clips of them to support?

Edited by draiocht, 04 January 2019 - 04:23 PM.
Quote Clean-up

#9 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:19 PM

View PostThe Image, on 04 January 2019 - 02:05 PM, said:

Well it is still a holiday for all the school age children. This is what happens when you let your kids have unmonitored access to computers.

These guys are children, but they sure aren't minors.

#10 The Image

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:28 PM

View PostY E O N N E, on 04 January 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

These guys are children, but they sure aren't minors.
I dunno, you get a couple of bored 16 year old kids and leave 'em to their own devices, and the **** they come up with to fill their time...

#11 w4ldO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 297 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:35 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 04 January 2019 - 02:10 PM, said:

has anyone sent clips of them to support?

i dont think we should link to the clips. this could be considered as a violation of CoC
Naming and shaming the alleged misconduct of another individual, including but not limited to accusations of cheating or exploiting.

#12 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:36 PM

sometimes.. A Honorable Tk is needed

#13 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:44 PM

View PostFupDup, on 04 January 2019 - 12:22 PM, said:

More suicides is directly a result of the LFE and CXL side torso penalties being ramped up.

Yep. I haven't really seen many players that are OK with it.

I know PGI has seen and taken on the feedback - Keep being vocal about a terrible mechanic and we might just see it fixed so that it's not outright rubbish.

#14 ObeyTheLion

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 83 posts
  • LocationFinally managed to score 1K in an Urbie

Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:09 PM

I had a match on Solaris city a week ago in my dual AC/20 Victor. I was in heat vision and went into the middle with my team when i spotted what seemed to be a piranha between the pillars under the heightened highway to the right. I immediately pulled my crosshairs onto it and fired both AC/20s. I could see the shots going straight for the piranha. Right before the shots could land our Stealth locust ran RIGHT INTO my AC/20 rounds, ate both and died. He was probably flanking that piranha at the most unfortunate moment.
I tried to apologize to the guy. He disconnected half a minute after i TKd him.

Posted Image I still feel guilty to this day whenever i think back to it.

This game sure is packed with surprises. Watch your fire, and always expect the unexpected.

o7

Edited by ObeyTheLion, 04 January 2019 - 03:11 PM.

#15 Gummy_Bear

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:58 PM

I have had a couple of games where I have accidently tk'd someone. Didn't even see the kill come up until the end score and then thought, when did that happen...... Have also been tk'd by teammates as well. Accidents happen and sometimes it doesn't take much to knock you out.

#16 DarkDevilDancer

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:44 PM

Some ***** shot me from behind for no reason but that's the first deliberate team kill I've seen in a long time it used to be way worse.

#17 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:49 PM

If someone is intentionally doing team kills, just report them, don't shoot back, and try to control your emotions and spread damage, instead of shooting them back. They can get instantly banned automatically if they deal way too much team damage on fresh account. Of course the people doing it know this and they try to avoid it.

#18 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,869 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:27 PM

View PostThe Image, on 04 January 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

JUST STAY OUT OF MY DAMNED RED SMOKE YOU SILLY MORONS!!!

still say red for incoming, blue for outgoing. i dont like smoke appearing on a firing line and me not knowing whos smoke it is.

#19 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:59 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 04 January 2019 - 05:27 PM, said:

still say red for incoming, blue for outgoing. i dont like smoke appearing on a firing line and me not knowing whos smoke it is.

It doesn’t make a difference for what it’ll do to you if you’re near by so it won’t help you to have it colour coded, it’ll just mean more yelling and salt on the comms when someone mis-drops or someone walks in front of them while they’re hitting the button (and like any weapon, misfires happen).

I would love it if there was an alert about “incoming artillery detected” if it was targeted within 100m if you though.

#20 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:25 PM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 04 January 2019 - 11:03 PM.
unconstructive

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users