59 replies to this topic

#21 Aurimortia

• Pip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:31 PM

Nice event overall, thanks PGI for the opportunity to earn MOAR c-bills. :) Hoping to get MOAR warhorns next time.

#22 Paladin IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 01:40 AM

C Bills are nice, but really tired of cosmetic items being all my grind is worth. Add some new variants of mechs you can only unlock from completing certain events. That would make me want to play this game again.

#23 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:39 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 03 January 2019 - 05:59 PM, said:

Heh... and I thought that I was the only one who took a bad view of Solaris Mode. Had no idea there were others, and that they would be far more expressive than me. Posted Image

Although, this makes me want to ask PGI's Staff, and hopefully our friendly Matt Newman can relay the query to the rest... Could we have a 24-way Free-For-All Mode with Unlimited Respawns, running up to a Kill Goal and/or Time Limit? I've been hearing people asking for something similar to this for some time, and I've been left constantly wondering why we can't have Unlimited Respawns with the Same Selected Mech in the normal Team-versus-Team Quick Play Matches. If there's one thing which I've learned over the years, it's that games are more fun when they are NOT all constrained to 'Last Man Standing' Modes only. That's because you can actually learn from what mistake you made far more easily, even if you die a few times, and come back in order to try at not repeating it. Posted Image

Oh well....... back to our regular Friendly Event Discussion....... right? Posted Image

~D. V. "huh... how to drag a stream of thought out of me regarding Solaris Mode... I'm surprised..." Devnull

Oh trust me you are not the only one. Personally I might have done I think just the one solaris match, I actually cant remember if I did or not. But no more than one. Its not that it was bad (it wasnt great either mind you) its just not my cup of tea in a 1v1 setting.

#24 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 04 January 2019 - 06:36 AM

Done and now? 6 days running that ridicolous easy event..Did it in 3 hours

Edited by Mighty Spike, 04 January 2019 - 06:36 AM.

#25 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 04 January 2019 - 08:18 AM

View PostMighty Spike, on 04 January 2019 - 06:36 AM, said:

Well... LUCKY YOU... You're the exception to the rule many people feel stuck in. Congratulations, have a cookie or something, and enjoy the nice rest that you have the option of! <_<

As for me, I haven't even gotten to start this New "Winter Soldier" Event yet... I'm probably gonna need all 6 just to get through a few parts and still miss things like the rather loathed Solaris part. Personally, I'm really glad and thankful that our friendly Matt Newman allocated a big chunk of time on something this small, as many of us are likely still recoiling a bit from the Holiday Barrage, and particularly the Real Life side of it. I've hit 'Tier 1' and still find my Real Life impossible to schedule any time... Heck, I'm starting to wonder if I'll need a PSR Reset, just so I can find out where I really stand. :(

~D. V. "Not everyone finishes at the same pace... Others will probably need the time which you did not." Devnull

#26 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,185 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 04 January 2019 - 08:31 AM

View Postleony, on 03 January 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

Where is the preorder mech pack for this month of January?

it'll be out when the mech release for this month is.

#27 WJP

• PipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:25 AM

How to play solaris team 2 player?

#28 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:44 AM

View PostMighty Spike, on 04 January 2019 - 06:36 AM, said:

I would be too, but, only once been on gather intel, and I forgot to grab one, second time was on the losing team, and I'm not into Solaris

View PostMikayshen, on 03 January 2019 - 06:53 PM, said:

Solaris Soldier - Not gonna do it, nope.
Captain Quick Play - Easy enough
General Faction - Nope, I don't queue into FP solo and I'm not going to try to find a group.
Proficient Pilot - Seems easy enough.

you can do the scouting, just don't forget to grab an Intel, like I keep doing

eta- hah, posted, get match, now done, 'cept Solaris, doubt I'll go there

Edited by Xaat Xuun, 04 January 2019 - 12:02 PM.

#29 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:30 PM

View PostWJP, on 04 January 2019 - 11:25 AM, said:

How to play solaris team 2 player?

It's simple, albeit sad. You just have to...
  • Get a friend who will go to 'Solaris 7' with you
  • Create a 'Solaris 7 Mode Group' with just the two of you in it
  • Select a 'Solaris 7 Division' to enter
  • Make sure both of you have a 'Solaris 7 Patron' for that 'Solaris 7 Division' in particular
  • Launch to the Queue of the particular 'Solaris 7 Division' that you picked
  • Hope and pray that you don't get matched against the 'Opposing Team From Hell', proverbially speaking
...because the 'Solaris 7' system has literally NO Auto-Group Matchmaking for 2v2 from the singles who might lack someone to team up with. On top of that, there's no way to tell the system that you want to pair up otherwise except to specifically enter as a 2-man group. Sorry for the letdown. :(

~D. V. "You have my sincerest apologies, as all I have is the cold truth for you." Devnull

#30 Bastionk

• Pip
  • Sergeant II
  • Sergeant II
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:49 PM

Anyone else having an issue getting "In Scouting Collect Intel Once" to complete for the event?

I've grabbed an intel beacon in every match I've played, but have yet to get credit for it. Do you have to be the attacking team or something to get credit for it? I ask, because so far I've only been the defending team(playing IS).

#31 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:56 PM

View PostBastionk, on 04 January 2019 - 04:49 PM, said:

Do you have to be the attacking team or something to get credit for it?

Yes, you have to be on the 'Gathering (Attacking) Team'... It will not count if you are on the 'Protecting (Defending) Team'... Sorry the news had to hit you like a ton of bricks. :(

~D. V. "One can only hope the Faction Match Randomizer puts you in the right situation soon enough." Devnull

#32 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 06:46 PM

View PostTheFourthAlly, on 03 January 2019 - 10:17 PM, said:

42C today over here. Gonna be a 'no pants' event.

Doable goals though, I prefer the opportunity to complete over multiple days.

Not touching Solaris. Too much lag and I prefer the QP experience.

TL:DR just glanced & basically:
Your going commando and deny touching Solaris but noticed Solaris's long legs...
Hands Solaris the doll, okay where did the evil commando touch you again?

#33 Lungfish601

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 05:04 AM

Thanks for a nice event, it is getting more people into FP, so very much enjoying the short wait for drops!

#34 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:12 AM

OK, so WTF do I have to do to "collect intel once"?

I just collected 3 intel, won the match, and didn't get this done?!

Is this broken?

P.S.

Now I see people saying you have to be on the "gather intel" game mode to win.. (I was defending earlier)

This is plane out stupid.. again with the specific game mode? Have you learned nothing PGI?

Come on.. please fix this.. it's just frustrating..

Edited by Vellron2005, 05 January 2019 - 06:14 AM.

#35 Mekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 350 posts
  • Location花果山: Water Curtain Cave on the Moutain of Flowers and Fruit

Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:30 AM

So, no luck for Solaris...

PGI, I hope, you are alive and reading the feeddamnback!

#36 Lawrence Frans

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 07:03 PM

I still need intel, 12 protect, and 2 gather. I didn't have time to gather the intel first one, I was the lucky alphabet chosen to be focus on first, and team won Posted Image , second one, we lost, now burnt out getting protect match after match, seems I can only win in protect, but intel gathered don't count there

#37 sonok

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:48 PM

How am I supposed to complete the 2V2 solaris? I've completed every other objective but every time I select group instead of the Solo tab it puts me in a solo match when I queue. I can see that there are 4 people in queue at the top of the screen. Is this broken? I tried the LFG tool for a few hours but nothing happened either.

edit: also, figuring out how to actually start a 1v1 solaris was sooooo hard just like when I first tried Faction Play - I ignored Faction play for years because I thought it was broken because the "Fight" buttom was greyed out and there was nothing telling me I had to choose a unit first. I chose something (not sure, but I can queue for faction now). As far as Solaris - I couldn't figure out how to select the mech I wanted to use. It kept glitching out and only showing a few of my mechs. I finally got the mech that I wanted. I have no idea how but it's "Working" now as I can see the mech at the bottom and can select it. So... I'm not clicking around the menu's anymore in fear of it not letting me play my mech again. If it's working now I ain't gonna fiddle with it as long as it will let me queue - I just can;t figure out how to join the group queue.

Edited by sonok, 05 January 2019 - 10:57 PM.

#38 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:07 AM

You need someone to join your group first. So talk to your buddies or go to one of the TS or Discord hubs and look there for company.

#39 Wolf Steel

Rookie

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:29 AM

So I did all the events and redeemed, but I didn't get any of the cockpit items or decals injected to my account yet. Do they get injected at the end of this event or something?

#40 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:44 AM

View PostAkillius, on 04 January 2019 - 06:46 PM, said:

TL:DR just glanced &amp; basically:
Your going commando and deny touching Solaris but noticed Solaris's long legs...
Hands Solaris the doll, okay where did the evil commando touch you again?

Neither confirming nor denying anything...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users