405 replies to this topic

#221 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:34 AM

View PostGrimlox, on 10 January 2019 - 09:03 AM, said:

Considering PGI is in Vancouver and paying their overhead like building and staff costs in CAD why not let us pay in CAD though? They have to know that Canadians would spend more if their dollars went further. But I guess it's just easier to let a company like Xsolla pocket a big chunk of profit and not care about the money they are leaving on the table and the customers that are paying more to Xsolla.

They're paying their building costs in CAD yes but we don't actually know what their paying the staff in. More than a few of them appear to live in washington state from what I've read previously.

#222 Mr3

Rookie

• The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:21 AM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 09 January 2019 - 10:32 PM, said:

No t-shirt, caps or figures... PGI has only the license for digital products... Microsoft not have the rights for nondigital merchandise products

Are you sure about this? I have a green jet-fuel shirt from the Solaris map given out at Mech-con. There may be some options in this mix.

#223 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:41 AM

PGI cannot produce physical goods for any art work / mechs / company names from the source Battletech game. Jump Jet Fuel is a PGI invention. That's also why they're doing PGI original mechs, as they're then allowed to create physical goods with their artwork on them, as they're wholly THEIR creations.

#224 TKSax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:05 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 10 January 2019 - 10:41 AM, said:

PGI cannot produce physical goods for any art work / mechs / company names from the source Battletech game. Jump Jet Fuel is a PGI invention. That's also why they're doing PGI original mechs, as they're then allowed to create physical goods with their artwork on them, as they're wholly THEIR creations.

This would be 100% incorrect. When HBS kickstart was going on and they were "giving away" physical goods with different kickstarter levels, Russ was asked if HBS had a different license agreement. He said they had the same license agreement that HBS had. Meaning if they wanted to give away any kinda of physical item with a purchase in MWO/MW5 they coud, they just can't sell any physical goods directly for profit.

#225 Strattus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 106 posts
  • LocationKazakhstan

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:37 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 10 January 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

PGI is offering me a 200$ package for 120$ and puts MW5 on top for free.
So technically they are giving me money to play MW5.
How desperate does a company have to be to do this?
Imagine this, everybody will buy one of those packages, so the income for MW5 will be 0. I don´t get it.

And the question came up, but wasn´t answered yet. Will there be offers like this in the next months, including other mechs? Cause i´m totally not interested in another 100t IS Mech.

Next question, i still have plenty of MCs and really don´t need more, unless PGI would tell us what will happen to MWO in 2020 and beyond. Will MWO continue, after MW5 became a total disaster?
If yes, i would gladly buy the 120$ package.
If not, i have no idea how i would spend all those MCs till the end of this year.

By the way, if you would moderate your Facebook page, you would be aware that there are plenty of people out there, who would like to pay for accessing the beta, who don´t play MWO.

I for one, would like to see how this game can breakout....... I know that might be a longshot, but this game is a AAA title, with lore and an intricate universe to back it..... I just hope this can pull some better numbers than the previous titles!!!

#226 Tekamen

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCookie Gotham (East Coast USA)

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:00 PM

I thought MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries was supposed to be released in December of 2018 from the 2017 MechCon announcements. Oh I see, I guess the developers announced MW5:M was delayed until last quarter 2019...I'm guessing it's not going to be ready until 2020 or later. All those mechs, all that content, it takes time to program and model and debug and optimize. *Patiently waits for MW5:M.*

Edited by Tekamen, 10 January 2019 - 12:00 PM.

#227 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:10 PM

Saw it minutes ago on (again there) Facebook and not here where it should be.. all these lil things they do doesnt help to strengthen my my broken confidence in them

FIRST Discord MW5 AMA SCHEDULED!
On Wednesday January 16th
There will be 2 sessions for the different time-zones:
@ 10AM PST // 6PM UTC
@ 6PM PST // 2AM UTC
How it will work: Russ and Alex will be holding a general MW5:M AMA in the MW5 Discord server!

Edited by Mighty Spike, 10 January 2019 - 12:24 PM.

#228 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:22 PM

View PostAppogee, on 10 January 2019 - 03:10 AM, said:

Isn't that just the rules for the MW5 computer game? Ie. not an actual BattleTech TRO?

There is a digital technical manual only at the ultimate tier. Looks like it’s a distinct item from the game manual.

#229 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:48 PM

PGI is offering me a 200$ package for 120$ and puts MW5 on top for free.
So technically they are giving me money to play MW5.
How desperate does a company have to be to do this?
Imagine this, everybody will buy one of those packages, so the income for MW5 will be 0. I don´t get it.

And the question came up, but wasn´t answered yet. Will there be offers like this in the next months, including other mechs? Cause i´m totally not interested in another 100t IS Mech.

Next question, i still have plenty of MCs and really don´t need more, unless PGI would tell us what will happen to MWO in 2020 and beyond. Will MWO continue, after MW5 became a total disaster?
If not, i have no idea how i would spend all those MCs till the end of this year.

By the way, if you would moderate your Facebook page, you would be aware that there are plenty of people out there, who would like to pay for accessing the beta, who don´t play MWO.

That's the glass half empty approach.
The glass half full approach would be that the pre-order has been aimed at us (the MWO community) first and foremost for playing MWO and supporting the game over the last 6 or so years so here's a copy of the game with the mechpack and a bunch of bonus stuff.
The rest of the world comes second and they can just wait in line because we have the VIP tickets.

Eitherway, all the bonuses for MWO is accessible right now so we can benefit from it with MW5 still 9 months away.
Go crazy with the camo patterns or something with all that MC.

However. (@PGI @Matt)
It would be great to know if this community pre-order will update next month and have a different mech to the MAD2.
It's not normal practice to announce the mechs in advance but given the situation I think that would be beneficial to PGI and I would happily wait and pre-order later on if it meant getting a mech I would prefer with an MWO community pack.
I'm not against getting the MAD2, but I can't say it particularly interests me and therefore I'm not inclined to get the pre-order or no more than the Privateer.
If I knew in advance, then I could weigh up the decision to wait a bit. Limited funds and all that.

Edited by 50 50, 10 January 2019 - 01:51 PM.

#230 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:23 PM

View PostSagamore, on 10 January 2019 - 12:22 PM, said:

There is a digital technical manual only at the ultimate tier. Looks like it’s a distinct item from the game manual.

From the FAQ:

2.) WHAT IS THE MECHWARRIOR 5: MERCENARIES DIGITAL TECHNICAL MANUAL?
  • The MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Digital Technical Manual contains awesome images and information about the equipment and 'Mechs found in the game.
5.) WHAT IS THE MECHWARRIOR 5: MERCENARIES DIGITAL GAME MANUAL?
  • The Game Manual will be a comprehensive breakdown of mechanics and features in MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries.

#231 RacerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 394 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:02 PM

I like this. This has got to the single best deal/value I have ever seen from MWO. I have been playing since closed beta. Love Mechwarrior and Battletech. If they need my $50 to keep the dream alive then I say here's my money. Not going to nit pick this one to death like others on this thread.

Can't wait to play MW5 beta!

#232 WiNNiep00h

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:04 PM

How long will this offer be available? will there be other offers till the release of MW5? like the same just with a clan mech for example?

#233 leony

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:16 PM

I got the ultimate edition. Thanks PGI for the MC!

#234 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts
  • Location米国のネバダ州のリノで住んでいます。

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:28 PM

Okay let me attempt answer some questions and calm you down.
Russ has said last December during a soundcloud NGNG podcast that if this game fails the IP will be in shambles. It will probable be shelved for another20 -40 years or worse get the licenses get drawn and quartered again. Don't wish for death for your favorite IP.

Mechwarrior Online is the multiplayer games. MW5 is a continuation of the mercenary story game with coop this time. It will have the AI MWO will not have. MWO will continue alongside MW5 They fullfill different roles they have stated and promised.

You're complaining about having too much MC? whar?! Can I have your MC?

The MW5 anouncement is on the main page banner. Aproximately the same time as the Facebook page.

You are literally trying to find reasons to be angry. lol

#235 Tacheyon

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:26 PM

I do have one question that I haven't seen asked. If we pre-order will there be credit given on the End of Year Customer Appreciation rewards program for 2019? I only ask this as after I order I will not be buying any more MC for a long time which is usually one of the rewards. As well will the Marauder II (whatever tier we order) count as well toward the IS package category (regular and/or ultimate).

Thanks

#236 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:34 PM

I will preorder - i buy the game anyway.

The boost on MWO stuff works twofold - it may old MWO Players rethink their retirement from it and may make new MWMerc5 Players that preorder think they have all this nice stuff why waste and better try MWO out.

At all i think this preorder intiative is a good idea.

Though i think the execution is somewhat to improve:
Russ himself looks very pale in his black Shirt - almost tired to death.

The Video could be a little more proud about some of the things MWM5 offers - i feel the uninitiated will quite miss the point.

#237 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:41 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 10 January 2019 - 08:34 PM, said:

I will preorder - i buy the game anyway.

The boost on MWO stuff works twofold - it may old MWO Players rethink their retirement from it and may make new MWMerc5 Players that preorder think they have all this nice stuff why waste and better try MWO out.

At all i think this preorder intiative is a good idea.

Though i think the execution is somewhat to improve:
Russ himself looks very pale in his black Shirt - almost tired to death.

The Video could be a little more proud about some of the things MWM5 offers - i feel the uninitiated will quite miss the point.

Yeah, Russ needs a PR consultant.

#238 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:00 AM

Hopefully my questions get answered and not get mired by all this chatter.

1) Are pre-orders also eligible for the mech pack pre-order bonuses of patterns, colours, cockpit items and 6m cbills?
2) The pre-orders come with GXP and CBills, will these also come via codes to be redeemed via the website, or will they be injected into MWO the usual Redeeming Items way inside the MWO client?
3) Since the pre-order is linked to the Marauder 2, does that mean the MW5 Community pre-order will end once the Marauder 2 is launched? Or earlier, eg when the Marauder 2 pre-order window closes?

#239 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:53 AM

This is a great offer!

However, I'd very much prefer a GOG version, like for HBS Battletech, so my question is:
If you will ever release a GOG version, will it be possible to switch from Steam to GOG? This was possible e.g. with the Wasteland 2 kickstarter.

I would even skip the beta (or early access or staged release or however you want to call it) and accept a delayed release on GOG if that would be the price for getting the GOG version.

From my experience I'm far more willing to buy (or even pre-order) expansions, or higher editions on GOG than I am on Steam, because I know that I will still be able to play them in 17 years when MW6 will be released Posted Image
Additionally this makes it easier to keep installers for previous versions, in case newer versions are incompatible with e.g. some mods.

It would be nice to get an answer here before the deadline for ordering the community edition arrives, and I can't ask on Discord before ordering it.

#240 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:03 AM

View Postarcana75, on 11 January 2019 - 01:00 AM, said:

Hopefully my questions get answered and not get mired by all this chatter.

1) Are pre-orders also eligible for the mech pack pre-order bonuses of patterns, colours, cockpit items and 6m cbills?
2) The pre-orders come with GXP and CBills, will these also come via codes to be redeemed via the website, or will they be injected into MWO the usual Redeeming Items way inside the MWO client?
3) Since the pre-order is linked to the Marauder 2, does that mean the MW5 Community pre-order will end once the Marauder 2 is launched? Or earlier, eg when the Marauder 2 pre-order window closes?

1) You'll essentially get a gift code for the respective Mechpack. So, I'm 98.75% positive you'll get the early adopter bonus if you redem the code within the early adopter timeframe.
2) Codes. Found here https://mw5mercs.com/profile (you need a new account on the MW5 site - Just for tracking your preorder as of now)
3) End date is tba. Given the code nature of the pre-order reward, it's technically possible that the preorder time frame could be still active after the Marauder 2 is released in MWO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users