Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries Community Pre-Order

405 replies to this topic

#41 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:37 PM

Heck it, I got money to burn and I want this game to succeed.

#42 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:46 PM

View PostSpendo DeMonae, on 08 January 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

So um I was there for MWO release day and had played beta and it was underwhelming and didnt change anything just one day was beta the next live with no new promised content. There was no faction, no clan, it was 8v8 with few maps and almost always the lava one, I left and 5 years later get an email to get free mechs if I played one match in dec 2018 so I did and I like the game now. So I guess in 5 years I might look into this new game because that is how long it takes them to program all the decent content into it.

I am hoping they have learned enough and with the flexible engine will be able to make a decent effort straight off the mark. I'll probably preorder this, apart from battletech by HBS that will be only the second game I have EVER preordered.

#43 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:50 PM

yeah fine ya got me.

I gave you money, and no Crusader was involved.

In exchange, you can deliver it for Valentine's day.

#44 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:52 PM

I am concerned the value of the MWO stuff will be meaningless, i'm even more concerned they might scrap MWO and move onto a new iteration meaning all the other stuff i bought becomes meaningless. Not sure what to make of it really, games can't last forever, unless they do indeed revamp the engine and use this to reinvigorate the online game at the same time. If the single player mw5 goes well people might come to mwo as a multiplayer version, which would require an MWO update because you can't go from a top shelf 1 player game and then have the inferior engine which would turn people off relatively speaking.

ANYWAY, bought the middle tier item as that's what i felt i could afford, fingers crossed and all that.

I suppose another question. I redeemed the mwo code, where is confirmation of its existence listed and when do those items drop, as it is not a listed pre-order in profile at the moment?

Edited by Laser Kiwi, 08 January 2019 - 03:11 PM.

#45 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:08 PM

Tell me, as a player who mostly do Quick Play and not into lore, is MW5 for me? What I like in MWO is to drop in a multiplayer game like 12vs12 and fight to win, as I do since 2013.

From what I remember reading about MW5, you drop in a group of 4 and fight IA? That's it?

P.S. You think prices are higher because they went with Steam instead of Epic? Posted Image More seriously I prefer Steam because I don't want to install another client. ANd is it Steam only or there is a standalone like MWO? Because I never installed MWO via Steam, I prefer to be out of that ecosystem when possible.

#46 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:11 PM

Another option would have been to offer same packages but priced lower and no MWO extras.

#47 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:13 PM

I think they said there would be a GOG release as well. Not sure about a standalone release.

#48 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:17 PM

View PostRhialto, on 08 January 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

Tell me, as a player who mostly do Quick Play and not into lore, is MW5 for me? What I like in MWO is to drop in a multiplayer game like 12vs12 and fight to win, as I do since 2013.

From what I remember reading about MW5, you drop in a group of 4 and fight IA? That's it?

P.S. You think prices are higher because they went with Steam instead of Epic? Posted Image More seriously I prefer Steam because I don't want to install another client. ANd is it Steam only or there is a standalone like MWO? Because I never installed MWO via Steam, I prefer to be out of that ecosystem when possible.

Sounds like you don't like BattleTech or MechWarrior. (But you do like stats and "winning") Not Lore.
My advice?
Don't buy then.

Edited by HammerMaster, 08 January 2019 - 03:46 PM.

#49 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:19 PM

I do not have enough confidence in pgi, there developement and management of a game.
Withouth the virtual double or triple 'value' in MWO, would most even consider the pre-order.

#50 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:44 PM

here is what I think is a good question for y'all... how about allowing those of use who dearly wanted to become a founder originally but whatever the sitrep was wouldn't allow for it ( my local fanpro commando talked me out of it considering my income lvl at the time wouldn't allow it unless starvation and possible eviction came into play ) have another chance to become a founder? By all means, create a new tag for it ( 2nd wave founder or something like that ) but this way those of us whose sitreps have changed for the bettera chance to follow our dream of doing that level of support for the game that has been so much a part of our lives?

#51 Ravage26

• PipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:46 PM

Very serious question: are these bonuses a "today only" thing, or is there an early adopters window like most releases? Please answer in a timely manner, as I'd like to get all those bonuses without financially casterating myself. Sorry if it was there and I missed it in reading. Thanks and good luck!

#52 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,584 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:47 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 08 January 2019 - 01:33 PM, said:

49.99 USD is the base price of the game so getting it through this Pre-Order will probably be your best option.

The only way it could be cheaper (that I can foresee) are these 2 conditions.

- If You are not in USA and you wait until it is released on steam and you take advantage of regional pricing (missing the beta)

- If You are in the USA You wait until it is released... Then wait even longer... then it goes on sale... then you buy it (missing the beta and the launch)

What I am saying is this. This is the best possible way to purchase this to get the beta AND you get a bunch of MWO stuff!

Hope this helps!

So, when i pre order and become at release the digital copy of MW5 i dont need to create a acount on Steam and have still mod acces and everything? Thx in advance

Edited by Mighty Spike, 08 January 2019 - 03:48 PM.

#53 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:53 PM

View PostGalenthor Kerensky, on 08 January 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

here is what I think is a good question for y'all... how about allowing those of use who dearly wanted to become a founder originally but whatever the sitrep was wouldn't allow for it ( my local fanpro commando talked me out of it considering my income lvl at the time wouldn't allow it unless starvation and possible eviction came into play ) have another chance to become a founder? By all means, create a new tag for it ( 2nd wave founder or something like that ) but this way those of us whose sitreps have changed for the bettera chance to follow our dream of doing that level of support for the game that has been so much a part of our lives?

No.
You would still not be a founder.
Obviously you are a supporter though.

#54 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:56 PM

View PostRavage26, on 08 January 2019 - 03:46 PM, said:

Very serious question: are these bonuses a "today only" thing, or is there an early adopters window like most releases? Please answer in a timely manner, as I'd like to get all those bonuses without financially casterating myself. Sorry if it was there and I missed it in reading. Thanks and good luck!

3.) FOR HOW LONG WILL THE COMMUNITY EDITION PRE-ORDERS BE AVAILABLE?
  • While we don't currently have a specific end-date, the Community Edition Pre-Order program won't last forever. We'll be sure to provide clear and advanced notice when an end-date for this program has been determined.

#55 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:58 PM

Where's the steam?

#56 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:01 PM

I would like some more informations on these things:

- Technical Battlemech Manual vs Game Manual (are we talking a TRO style manual?)
- Soundtrack, how many tracks?
- Access to Bi Monthy AMAs -> Whats that?
- Mod Maker Section -> What will be mod-able? Does it include tools, etc.
- Desktop Pack -> Whats inside?

If the Battlemech Manual isn't an artbook, I would definitly like one of those in physical from.

Edited by Nesutizale, 08 January 2019 - 04:02 PM.

#57 Ravage26

• PipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:03 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 08 January 2019 - 03:56 PM, said:

3.) FOR HOW LONG WILL THE COMMUNITY EDITION PRE-ORDERS BE AVAILABLE?
  • While we don't currently have a specific end-date, the Community Edition Pre-Order program won't last forever. We'll be sure to provide clear and advanced notice when an end-date for this program has been determined.

Big help, Idk how I missed it. Thank you.

#58 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:08 PM

View PostTertius, on 08 January 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

This "Options" (somehow implicating that missing the Beta or the release will be a bad thing in my life) leave something like a bad taste in my mouth... Well, call me old, but not only Pepperidge Farm remembers the days, when a game was completely finished before it came out and when a Beta-Test was really about testing and not about having the "I was here in Beta"-Character it has nowadays. I really don't care about comparing my digital ego... And also, it's a single-player game with coop (optional) and no PvP, so at least from my side time is working for me and I'll take my chance with waiting. Too many Pre-Orders in the past made me sceptical to any Pre-Order at all.

Sorry not trying to leave a bad impression! I am trying to be informative. I appreciate your perspective!

#59 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:11 PM

View PostRavage26, on 08 January 2019 - 03:46 PM, said:

Indeed. The bonus content will be available as long at this community preorder is.
Once this Pre-order ends (Date TBD) the entire promotion will be gone.

#60 Cherry Garden full of Blue Roses

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:12 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 08 January 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

I think they said there would be a GOG release as well. Not sure about a standalone release.

Is it true? Because it is for me a strong argument to wait. I love to have my own copy and to install games from discs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users