Marauder Ii C Versus Marauder Ii Is Question...

6 replies to this topic

#1 Alpha Ximi

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBarcelona

Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:28 AM

Two marauders,different weapons,same firepower,one is clan and the other IS. Who do you think that will kick the *** of the other???

I have a Marauder II C cus i prefer clan mechs,but IS Marauder II seems powerful,and if it have armor quirks...should be a BEAST of a mech,so what???

#2 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:33 AM

The clan versions of the mechs can wield a significantly greater firepower than their IS counterparts. In order to be competative with the clan version the IS version has to rely on significat quirks, and/or on the weapon systems that the clans do not have (MRMs, HGR, HPPC). In all cases I can think of, clan version eventually wins - HBK-IIc, ON1-IIc, HGN-IIc.

#3 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:00 AM

With current mobility Marauder IIc is a shadow of it's former self.

#4 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 06:00 AM

I really don't like the Marauder IIC, it is soooo squishy. Honestly the Marauder II will eat it for breakfast, it's an IS 100 ton mech, it's gonna be armored to the teeth. Also don't forget IS has a better regular AC/20.

#5 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:33 AM

View PostShiverMeRivets, on 13 January 2019 - 01:33 AM, said:

In all cases I can think of, clan version eventually wins - HBK-IIc, ON1-IIc, HGN-IIc.

Then think of more cases. Not too hard to check the Solaris leaderboards for each division and see that most mechs in top-10 in each are IS mechs. IS is vastly superior already at pretty much everything except for range of engagement and the amount of alpha damage. Hence if you and your team of IS mechs have the balls to push rather then hide like cowards in trenches, clan counterparts won't stand a chance.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:00 AM

One's a 100 ton assault mech. Slow, lumbering, heavy firepower and maybe some tankability.
The other is an 85 ton assault mech, which is the sweet spot in the holy trinity of speed/firepower/armor...

Tough to call.

#7 Psykmoe

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:14 AM

View PostKoniving, on 18 January 2019 - 03:00 AM, said:

One's a 100 ton assault mech. Slow, lumbering, heavy firepower and maybe some tankability.
The other is an 85 ton assault mech, which is the sweet spot in the holy trinity of speed/firepower/armor...

Tough to call.

Of course, in reality the MAD IIC handles like an oil tanker, so the trinity is missing a part. I mean, we are talking about the Marauder IIC, the mech which accelerates like an Atlas but turns and torso twists slower. The MAD IIC lumbers like crazy.

I mean yeah, the Marauder IIC will end up with higher max speed as long as you don't make it go up hill, but in terms of responsive handling it might as well be a 100 ton mech.

Where the MAD IIC really wins out is in weapon tonnage and space available, since clan XL engines aren't a liability and clan Endo/Ferro clog up fewer crit slots - a lot of IS assault builds run into trouble with crit slot availability and can't make full use of weight-saving tech as a result.

A Scorch can run 2 LBX20s and 4 SRM6 at 85 tons, that's hard to duplicate on an IS mech without cutting a lot of corners elsewhere. That's the beauty of clan Battlemechs. You can chose to use Endo/Ferro or not, and they use up less space, space you can use for guns which are smaller and/or lighter than IS equivalents.

I'd be surprised if the Marauder II is significantly less agile than the IIC, but if PGI just wants to make Marauders generally handle godawfully for their weight, they could make it handle like a Fafnir or Kodiak 3. I hope not, though.

The real question for me is what kind of durability quirks the 100 ton Marauder might get.

Edited by Psykmoe, 20 January 2019 - 09:38 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users