Call To Arms

13 replies to this topic

#1 Trevor Devalis

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:31 AM

Alright, I need two volunteers to back me up and face down an elite player who needs to be put into their place. If you're tired of tier 1 players acting as if they're better than you in every way, now is your chance to show up and prove them wrong. So respond to this thread and let us show this single tier 1 player, we can band together and won't put up with their elitist attitudes anymore.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game will be this Saturday, time to be determined.

If anyone is interested in playing against Xiphias with me, I need 2 people to join in. It will be a 3 to 1 match of their choosing. I will be in a medium mech.

I will take any volunteers, but I would really prefer players close to my skill level. see my stats and compare to yours.
https://leaderboard....=Trevor+Devalis

Anyone on this list will be given first consideration:
JC Daxion
HammerMaster
MayTag
Novakaine
Astrocanis
Joshua McEvedy

On a serious note, this is just a fun match. Other than some friendly banter, I will not tolerate attacking, trolling or annoying Xiphias. They have seem to be fairly level headed, at least in response to my posts, and reasonable. They are looking for a challenge and called me out when I was trying to make a point. If anyone tries to take this too seriously or really act as if we're better than them because we outnumber them 3-1, I will cancel the game. Plain and simple. This is a fun match and not any sort of proving grounds. That said, Xiphias is an elite player and dangerous, take them seriously and still play to win. Being outnumbered doesn't mean they've already lost.

#2 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:14 PM

Plz stream this

#3 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 06 January 2019 - 04:17 PM

Interesting.
What does it prove though?
3v1 feels like a tall order at any tier though?
Tonnages? Build rules? Stock? Map choice? Mode choice?
Ok. Good luck both sides.

View Postthievingmagpi, on 06 January 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

Plz stream this

Ya link to stream.

Edited by HammerMaster, 06 January 2019 - 04:16 PM.

#4 Trevor Devalis

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 04:35 PM

It proves nothing. I was poking fun at some of the posturing going on between some of the players going on in another thread. So I said I would take on any Tier 1 player and beat them. I would just bring some friends in bigger mechs to the fight. Xiphias thought it actually sounded like fun, he just asked if he could pick the map and the mode. I tried to get members of my gaming group to join in, they are unavailable. So now I'm looking for a couple regular type players to fill in for my back up, otherwise this fight will not happen.

#5 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 06 January 2019 - 04:42 PM

Ok

View PostTrevor Devalis, on 06 January 2019 - 04:35 PM, said:

It proves nothing. I was poking fun at some of the posturing going on between some of the players going on in another thread. So I said I would take on any Tier 1 player and beat them. I would just bring some friends in bigger mechs to the fight. Xiphias thought it actually sounded like fun, he just asked if he could pick the map and the mode. I tried to get members of my gaming group to join in, they are unavailable. So now I'm looking for a couple regular type players to fill in for my back up, otherwise this fight will not happen.

Just don't get sucked into the fallout in the aftermath as people try to shame you more.
But good luck.

#6 Trevor Devalis

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 06:14 PM

Alright, one of my group joined in. He should be available for about an hour in the morning, early afternoon. I think he is about 2 hours behind me. So all I need now is one other person and I think if we shoot for around 1 pm EST, that might work.

#7 Valyknir

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 70 posts
  • LocationAt the mech store, making poor life choices.

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:20 PM

I love this idea. It's pretty stacked against Xiphias for sure, but it should be fun all around. Just stick together and keep the comms open! :D

#8 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,874 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:00 PM

I would love to join. I think the time difference would be too extreme for me but let's see.

#9 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:56 AM

So I gotta know... what criteria did you use when putting together this list?

Are these people supposed to be flattered? Or are you basically calling them scrubs?

#10 Trevor Devalis

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:15 PM

Why should they be flattered or considered scrubs?
It was a list presented to me by Xiphias on another thread on some of the posters that were more my level of play.

#11 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:13 PM

They would be flattered if you picked these pilots based on their skill, but since the other guy picked he likely doesn't have a very high opinion of their skill level.

#12 Zigmund Freud

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:36 AM

Don't really see the point, if it's 1vs3 without tonnage limitations, team of 3 will win, no dice. If they are anything above tier 5 and just know the basics of the game, they will win. Even if that one player is godlike, there's no way he'll beat 3x firepower and armor.

#13 Valyknir

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 70 posts
  • LocationAt the mech store, making poor life choices.

Posted 13 January 2019 - 03:50 AM

So how did it go?

#14 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:05 AM

View PostZigmund Freud, on 09 January 2019 - 06:36 AM, said:

Don't really see the point, if it's 1vs3 without tonnage limitations, team of 3 will win, no dice. If they are anything above tier 5 and just know the basics of the game, they will win. Even if that one player is godlike, there's no way he'll beat 3x firepower and armor.
Given infinite time and assuming the team of 3 is all mid-range or brawling Assaults, you could theoretically win with a PPC slinger that's at least as fast as a Shadow Cat, ideally going for head shots. Wouldn't be easy, but the kiting game is there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users