Founders And Phoenix Unite Event And Sale

158 replies to this topic

#101 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:17 AM

Its worth noting that the (G) Gold Mechs have the 50% C-Bill Bonus as well.

I plan on doing a Clan Invasion event (1,2, and 3) next weekend. (I will include Gold mechs as well)

If you have completed the challenges and have not received the Crusader Pattern unlock, please contact support!

accounts@mwomercs.com
For questions and issues regarding your MechWarrior Online account, such as account recovery, inventory questions, etc.

#102 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:13 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 18 January 2019 - 10:17 AM, said:

Its worth noting that the (G) Gold Mechs have the 50% C-Bill Bonus as well.
I plan on doing a Clan Invasion event (1,2, and 3) next weekend. (I will include Gold mechs as well)

If you have completed the challenges and have not received the Crusader Pattern unlock, please contact support!

accounts@mwomercs.com
For questions and issues regarding your MechWarrior Online account, such as account recovery, inventory questions, etc.

In addition, I discovered at one point that when Redeeming Event Items, it's bad to be in the MechLab interfaces. One can be at any one of the Home Screens or the Faction Play area, and the Redeem Button will work perfectly. But if it's the MechLab that's in view, then the Redeemed Item will fail to show up immediately. This usually then requires playing a Match or going out into the Testing Grounds... or in the worst case, a Re-Login becomes needed. I'm guessing it's got something to do with the Event Rewards Redeem being unable to forcibly update the Item Status right on the spot for some goofy reason. :mellow:

However, if they've tried all that to rectify the problem on their end... Then I would definitely second the recommendation to Contact Support, and hope that everything goes well. :)

~D. V. "passing on what I've learned in regard to the MechLab and the Event Reward Systems" Devnull

[Edit by Post Author due to Odd Formatting Issues in the Quote.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 18 January 2019 - 11:15 AM.

#103 Rhaezor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 122 posts
  • LocationPT

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:17 AM

Loved the event and rewards. Smart choice of requirments and quantity! GJ!

Ps. there is a boring bug with Halloween decals, when saved the preview image gets them in wrong, off positions.

Edited by Rhaezor, 18 January 2019 - 11:19 AM.

#104 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:31 AM

View PostRhaezor, on 18 January 2019 - 11:17 AM, said:

Ps. there is a boring bug with Halloween decals, when saved the preview image gets them in wrong, off positions.

That problem has been around since they introduced the New MechLab Camera Systems. I put all my Decals in the right places, and they show properly on the Loaded Mech. Unfortunately, the Preview Photo Thumbnails all keep showing the Decals low of where I put them. I just decided to brush it off as something that was crazy-low priority, just because of other issues that lurk in MWO. :(

One example is the 'Group Chat' Tab repeatedly disappearing from the Floating Chat Window. It shouldn't hide without warning just because the Group Leader changed, or somebody went into a Match and came back after. :mellow:

~D. V. "It might just be that only a mere few of us know about these issues with Decals and Chat." Devnull

#105 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:53 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 18 January 2019 - 11:13 AM, said:

In addition, I discovered at one point that when Redeeming Event Items, it's bad to be in the MechLab interfaces. One can be at any one of the Home Screens or the Faction Play area, and the Redeem Button will work perfectly. But if it's the MechLab that's in view, then the Redeemed Item will fail to show up immediately. This usually then requires playing a Match or going out into the Testing Grounds... or in the worst case, a Re-Login becomes needed. I'm guessing it's got something to do with the Event Rewards Redeem being unable to forcibly update the Item Status right on the spot for some goofy reason. Posted Image

I redeemed them all from the site, but was in the Mechlab/Mech tab every time.

#106 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:59 AM

Never got the blue message window for this event, but I have the patterns... Checking for shields...
Got.
And I have no idea how many Phoenix hanging items I have but there's a bunch so not gonna bother checking that.

Got my Jenner stuff. Already had bought the statue back in the day, so now I have another to put in...
"THE HOLLANDER"... because why not?

>.>

#107 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:26 PM

View PostKoniving, on 18 January 2019 - 11:53 AM, said:

I redeemed them all from the site, but was in the Mechlab/Mech tab every time.

View PostKoniving, on 18 January 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

Never got the blue message window for this event, but I have the patterns... Checking for shields...
Got.
And I have no idea how many Phoenix hanging items I have but there's a bunch so not gonna bother checking that.

Got my Jenner stuff. Already had bought the statue back in the day, so now I have another to put in...
"THE HOLLANDER"... because why not?

>.>

I wondered... I'll bet you had to go to the Testing Grounds, play another Match, and/or Re-Login before they showed up. :mellow:

And yeah, the Website Redeem Button is not able to trigger an Injection Dialog in the Game Client. The coders for the Website really should fix that problem through having it queue an Injection right after the Next Match, should a user choose to do the Redeem in that manner. :huh:

Glad to hear you really did get your stuff, though! ^_^

~D. V. "thankful they could help pin the problem down" Devnull

#108 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:40 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 18 January 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

I wondered... I'll bet you had to go to the Testing Grounds, play another Match, and/or Re-Login before they showed up. Posted Image

And yeah, the Website Redeem Button is not able to trigger an Injection Dialog in the Game Client. The coders for the Website really should fix that problem through having it queue an Injection right after the Next Match, should a user choose to do the Redeem in that manner. Posted Image

Glad to hear you really did get your stuff, though! Posted Image

~D. V. "thankful they could help pin the problem down" Devnull

I did that... and nothing.
I had to log out, sleep for 6 or 7 hours, and log back in.

And normally it does, but you'd have to go through another match first.

So after going through some 13 matches from the first one.... it not happening was a bit of an issue.

#109 blackcatf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAuldhouse, Skye Federation, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:49 PM

View PostRhaezor, on 18 January 2019 - 11:17 AM, said:

Loved the event and rewards. Smart choice of requirments and quantity! GJ!

View PostD V Devnull, on 18 January 2019 - 11:31 AM, said:

That problem has been around since they introduced the New MechLab Camera Systems. I put all my Decals in the right places, and they show properly on the Loaded Mech. Unfortunately, the Preview Photo Thumbnails all keep showing the Decals low of where I put them. I just decided to brush it off as something that was crazy-low priority, just because of other issues that lurk in MWO. Posted Image

One example is the 'Group Chat' Tab repeatedly disappearing from the Floating Chat Window. It shouldn't hide without warning just because the Group Leader changed, or somebody went into a Match and came back after. Posted Image

~D. V. "It might just be that only a mere few of us know about these issues with Decals and Chat." Devnull

I've also seen a fun thing with decals where they seem to dance around over the paint of the 'mech they're installed in, but I don't record so I don't have any video of it happening

#110 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:03 PM

View PostCurccu, on 17 January 2019 - 02:13 AM, said:

It was so, and if I remember correctly PGI did vote that if it was ok for Phoenix owners to sell those again and it was not.
also Phoenix Locust 3kmdd/kill is not going to be enjoyable.

4MG 1lightPPC. Took me 1 match.

View PostShenanigan23, on 16 January 2019 - 04:28 PM, said:

Any chance Project Phoenix mechs would be sold again?

One of the reasons why owners of the Phoenix packages didn't want them to be on sale again was the Loyality Points scam. We were told that using (P)-mechs and phoenix medaillons would already generate loyality points. I was around 200.000 loyality points when PGI published Faction Play and announced a universal credit of 7,520 loyality points for every Phoenix Package owner. There is a difference between being denounced to rank 3 or gaining rank 11 after all the effort and work. When PGI then tried to sell the the Phoenix Packages again the people who had been lied to about the loyality points exacted for the promise they were never to be on sale again.
And why would there be a need for them? Except the Battlemaster all meta variants of (P)-mechs can be reproduced with the current hero-mechs. Stop whining.
Posted Image

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 17 January 2019 - 01:30 AM, said:

People bring LRMs when an event is on, no matter what the challenge is. And when they are done with it, they log out and everything is back to normal.

Played the phoenix Thunderbolt with 3ERLL and couldn't get a kill. Changed to 2LRM15 and 3ML, finished it in one match.

View PostPain G0D, on 17 January 2019 - 12:31 AM, said:

I pretty sure most founders and phoenix people dont play this game anymore .

The Founders sometimes come back to see how the game is developing. This is why I created my unit in the first place. To give returning Founders a point of call. But then PGI decided to implement a fee for recruiting new members. At 250 people it costed me 12.500.000,00 to recruit someone. And at the same time PGI made events exclusively in clan mechs and concurrently in inner sphere mechs. So people would finish their challenge in the clan mechs and then leave the unit to finish the challenge in inner sphere mechs. Now I did write the costs of recruiting people in the message of the day. But as many basic functions in the game this motd wouldn't show up for most people and therefor I sometimes had to pay 80.000.000,00 per event to take people back into the unit. I have written 5 times in the forum to stop making events like this but PGI didn't listen. After investing more than 500.000.000,00 to break contracts for events and to take people back into the unit I stopped caring when Faction Play died. PGI announced a round table to ask the unit leaders of important units how to deal with the current problems. I could have been there but they declared a well known harasser as the host of the round table. I wrote Bombadil about my concerns but they were dismissed. They made the round table, it had no results and a few weeks later the harassing host got banned for publishing a mocking video about one of the developers. That pretty much tells you everything they know about their game and community. As a unit for Faction Play with FP being dead we are down to 140 members from 250 now. But if any returning Founder needs help to get back into the game feel free to contact me.

#111 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:03 PM

Since we're talking olde tyme special mechs, and dusting off the ol' memories......

How about everyone who has a Sarah Jenner take it out for a spin now and again during this event? :)

PS. (Someone will ask) Here's a link with story and pics of a 3D printed model (Valcrow).
https://mwomercs.com...-sarahs-jenner/

#112 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:23 PM

View Postblackcatf, on 18 January 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

I've also seen a fun thing with decals where they seem to dance around over the paint of the 'mech they're installed in, but I don't record so I don't have any video of it happening

I know about that Bug too. Usually this would happen mostly on the right side of Mechs. It was linked to some changes in how those Decals were being handled. Just re-seat the moving Decals, and the shifting goes away. :)

~D. V. "aware of the shifting Decals, and with knowledge of the workaround" Devnull

#113 Powder Puff Pew Pew

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 386 posts
  • LocationI live in a Mech Hangar

Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:31 PM

YA I completed the Locust, and Shadow Hawk event and still no rewards yet. I completed the event for these 2 mechs like 9 hrs ago and still no rewards. Anyone else not get their rewards?

#114 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:45 PM

View PostBSK, on 18 January 2019 - 01:03 PM, said:

The Founders sometimes come back to see how the game is developing. This is why I created my unit in the first place. To give returning Founders a point of call. But then PGI decided to implement a fee for recruiting new members. At 250 people it costed me 12.500.000,00 to recruit someone. And at the same time PGI made events exclusively in clan mechs and concurrently in inner sphere mechs. So people would finish their challenge in the clan mechs and then leave the unit to finish the challenge in inner sphere mechs. Now I did write the costs of recruiting people in the message of the day. But as many basic functions in the game this motd wouldn't show up for most people and therefor I sometimes had to pay 80.000.000,00 per event to take people back into the unit. I have written 5 times in the forum to stop making events like this but PGI didn't listen. After investing more than 500.000.000,00 to break contracts for events and to take people back into the unit I stopped caring when Faction Play died. PGI announced a round table to ask the unit leaders of important units how to deal with the current problems. I could have been there but they declared a well known harasser as the host of the round table. I wrote Bombadil about my concerns but they were dismissed. They made the round table, it had no results and a few weeks later the harassing host got banned for publishing a mocking video about one of the developers. That pretty much tells you everything they know about their game and community. As a unit for Faction Play with FP being dead we are down to 140 members from 250 now. But if any returning Founder needs help to get back into the game feel free to contact me.

That sucks, BSK. But such is the way PGI has been. I wasn't a fan of IGP's own little issues, but it was IGP that went out of its way to recognize the contributions me and Redshift2k (and numerous other players) gave to the community's new players over the first few years. (Well to be specific, it was a combination of the paid-and-volunteer moderator staff at the time, with the push by MiSs.) Between post-of-the-month, helpful-post, etc.. I got a lot of recognition back then and I remember the community being very helpful and cohesive, even when that was cohesive complaints about IGP and PGI. IGP left (and with it a chunk of the greed and some of the stagnation of development), time passed, and then E-sports became a thing.

Spoiler

And with that, stat postings, leaderboards, and now there's a lot anti-player, anti-community toxicity here. Instead of helping, there's a lot of "Well this explains a lot" and "git gud" and "your stats aren't as good as mine because you have a life, family, work and better games to play so you don't have any right to help these players so I'm going to get back to ridiculing him for not being good."

Edited by Koniving, 18 January 2019 - 01:52 PM.

#115 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:58 PM

Back on topic...

My Shadowhawk was a flop. But it always was, I never really liked them in MWO.
But my Wolverine did very well.
Posted Image
Same design, untouched. Did put 60 skill points in though.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Even had the luxury of carrying a conversation both during and after the fight.

First time I've run it since 2015.

2 1 MG, AC/10, 3 streak SRM-2s, BAP, XL 280.
Edit: Evidently only one MG.

Edited by Koniving, 18 January 2019 - 02:17 PM.

#116 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:04 PM

Performance of that one match was just shy of getting the thing cleared in one go.
Posted Image

#117 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:18 PM

Catapult and Wolverine now redeemed... Still haven't got Catapult's stuff. Went to the Home window first.

Next time around I'm going to do it from in game rather than the website. Its apparently bugged.

#118 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:19 PM

Folks, I'm sorry to report, but the In-Game climate being shoved down my throat by the MatchMaker has gotten such that I will be physically unable to get much of anything from this Event... and I'm limited to the "MechWarrior Challenges" only. As I type this, I've just been mutilated way too many times due to being put with bad teams, and the chair I was sitting in has been dumped the wrong way on the floor. That's something I usually never do, and things have to get really horrid to make me irrational in that manner. Hell, it wasn't even LRMs that I got killed by, but Direct-Fire Weaponry that's become far too powerful by comparison, and I'm not even touching LRMs myself. :angry:

For the note, I think that it would take me a full extra 7-day week to have any chance at finishing this now. I've been broken by what's happened to me on my most recent session. :(

Good luck out there with the Event... I just don't know if I'll try any more... If you do see me on Your Team, please try to get the rest of the Team which we're with to actually pull their collective acts together. I am just so sick of deaf/dumb Teams that won't think and communicate with each other. -_-

~D. V. "wondering what the point was with these 'Founders & Phoenix Unite MechWarrior Challenges'..." Devnull

#119 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:22 PM

Devnull, you just described about 75% of quickplay matches.

....and I just caught myself with the new age "git gud and carry the team"...

Just carry yourself, the rest will follow...or die or sometimes succeed when you die. I don't really worry about what the team is doing as I do my own thing anyway.

#120 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:30 PM

View PostKoniving, on 17 January 2019 - 09:23 PM, said:

On THIS PLANET!
Posted Image
AC/5 Locust; roll out!
(Btw, now I can do a RAC/2 Locust...)

Since that's been getting a number of likes... I figured I should follow up with that.
Posted Image

Its easier to use.
Its also much deadlier against slow enemies.

But it sucks worse against lights, than the AC/5 Locust which at least had enough umph on a direct hit to make a hit feel like it did something. The jam doesn't help when dealing with a Piranha.... though this thing still tanks amazingly well considering I got circled by a Piranha and a Flea and still lasted long enough to get circle-strafed into about 11 circles going either way and run out of ammo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users