Pgi Forgot To Nerf The Bsw High Roller And Now The Variant Is Pay2Win.

23 replies to this topic

#1 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 20 January 2019 - 03:51 PM

Remember in the October Patch when PGI rolled out a bunch of armor nerfs to the Annie, Fafnir, Sleepnir, and Bushwacker?

Well from the October Quirk Documentation PDF they were going to nerf the High Roller.

Posted Image

And well... they didn't.

Posted Image

Oops?

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 20 January 2019 - 03:54 PM

There are actually a lot of hero mechs with stronger armor and/or structure quirks than the corresponding C-Bill variants. I don't think it's a coincidence.

#3 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

View PostAlcom Isst, on 20 January 2019 - 03:51 PM, said:

Remember in the October Patch when PGI rolled out a bunch of armor nerfs to the Annie, Fafnir, Sleepnir, and Bushwacker?

Well from the October Quirk Documentation PDF they were going to nerf the High Roller.

Posted Image

And well... they didn't.

Posted Image

Oops?

Umm.
Thanks?

#4 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

If +4 armour is P2W now, then I think P2W needs to be buffed... a lot...

#5 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 January 2019 - 03:55 PM

Well according to one of the apparent experts around here the BSW isn't a good mech?

Now you say its P2W???

View PostKoniving, on 13 January 2019 - 08:22 AM, said:

My first time using it, I got legged from a guy aiming seemingly at my cockpit-level (eye level).
Another time I got legged from across the map within the first minute of gameplay.

But no one seems to acknowledge "Dem legs, yo."

#6 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:05 PM

The similarly built BSW-P2 has 2 energy CT points vs the High Roller's 1. That's differentiation enough to justify it's hp inflation.

#7 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:06 PM

Also, not the first time this has been observed. There are like 300+ mechs in the game

#8 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:14 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 20 January 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

The similarly built BSW-P2 has 2 energy CT points vs the High Roller's 1. That's differentiation enough to justify it's hp inflation.

Both variants have 8 weapon hardpoints in total, although it can be argued that the Roller's hardpoint layout is less optimal and thus probably not P2W despite the armor advantage.

Still, all variants have had equal durability right up until the patch that nerfed the C-Bill variants but for some reason excluded the Roller. My tinfoil hat is firmly secured to my head so my conspiracy theory is that they decided to make an exception for the HR in order to incentivize purchases of the mech (since the hardpoints are so-so).

Otherwise they just genuinely forgot to include that variant in the global Bushwacker nerfs. But I like my conspiracy theory better. Posted Image

Edited by FupDup, 20 January 2019 - 04:17 PM.

#9 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:16 PM

Hmmm so what are you doing with all that free MC PGI keeps giving you for events? So are they paying you to win now? or basically giving you the MC to buy Hero Mechs? need a pacifier do ya?

#10 Composite Armour

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:16 PM

They should roll back the nerf anyways, it was silly.

#11 Cabusha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAK

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:03 PM

Go look at the Wang vs all other Centurion variants. It has far better mobility quirks than the rest of the line (although the AH was a close second, IIRC). Admittedly, it has the fewest hard points of the bunch, buuut it's also the only one that still feels like the Centurions felt during closed beta. The other variants feel downright glacial because of their reduced stats. Which is a bummer because I used to love the other variants.

I'm not saying the Wang should be nerfd, cause I love the thing and it's the only one that still kind of holds its own. But the mobility by far makes it the best variant for me to play. Coincidentally, it's the one behind the paywall.

#12 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:35 PM

Lol, OP calling a mech P2W because of a little bit too much armor.
You dont have any other problems do you?

I would rather call the IV4 with MRM80 (+20% missile cooldown) P2W.

Edited by Antares102, 20 January 2019 - 05:35 PM.

#13 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,971 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:36 PM

PGI knows what they are doing

if the stats warrant a nerf then they will nerf it
if not they won't

I have complete faith in PGI's ability to nerf stuff

note: I don't own a BSW-HR

Edited by Davegt27, 20 January 2019 - 05:37 PM.

#14 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:53 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 20 January 2019 - 03:55 PM, said:

Well according to one of the apparent experts around here the BSW isn't a good mech?

Now you say its P2W???

I wasn't using High Roller. Don't know jack about it other than its ugly as ****. :)
I've only used the X1, and it was before it had even the +3 armor quirks to its legs that it has now.

#15 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:56 PM

Ye cause that +4 armour would have made all the difference to you, appanrently, getting legged regularly in it

Posted Image

#16 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:01 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 20 January 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

Ye cause that +4 armour would have made all the difference to you, appanrently, getting legged regularly in it

Posted Image

Legged in it twice out of 3 times using it is pretty high considering that in any other mech, the last time I got legged (which wasn't self-inflected by jumping) was 2014...

In other words its such a foreign experience, its like you being nice. :) It doesn't happen.

#17 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:16 PM

The High Roller has +12 armor spread over the torso, which is neat but nothing special. Meanwhile the X1 has an extra 1B in the torso, +10% to Ballistic Range and -10% to Energy Heat, while the X2 has major quirk bonuses to its engine performance.

Generally speaking, the only reason to use a High Roller over the X-series is because you value the C-Bills boost more than the better weapon layouts and bonuses.

Edited by Ilfi, 20 January 2019 - 07:20 PM.

#18 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:17 PM

View PostKoniving, on 20 January 2019 - 07:01 PM, said:

Legged in it twice out of 3 times using it is pretty high considering that in any other mech, the last time I got legged (which wasn't self-inflected by jumping) was 2014...

In other words its such a foreign experience, its like you being nice. Posted Image It doesn't happen.

A set of three is hardly enough to make a call on a flaw. You could have just gotten caught in a short loop with the same enemy mech who, knowing the Bushwacker has such a good torso lay out, just shot your legs.

Doesn't even need to be the same guy doing it, since this is common knowledge. For months people were bitching about the Buchwacker in scouting, and about how it beat out every other IS medium and doing everything. And the response from the pros was always the same - Shoot the legs. Not because they're weak, but because the torso is too good to waste time hitting.

Edited by Bombast, 20 January 2019 - 07:17 PM.

#19 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:28 PM

View PostBombast, on 20 January 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

A set of three is hardly enough to make a call on a flaw. You could have just gotten caught in a short loop with the same enemy mech who, knowing the Bushwacker has such a good torso lay out, just shot your legs.

Doesn't even need to be the same guy doing it, since this is common knowledge. For months people were bitching about the Buchwacker in scouting, and about how it beat out every other IS medium and doing everything. And the response from the pros was always the same - Shoot the legs. Not because they're weak, but because the torso is too good to waste time hitting.

Fair enough.

People did the exact same about Stormcrows.
The way it ran and bounced with the tiny tight hitboxes made any laser hit between 3 and 5 hitboxes when shooting at it from the side, and the solution was simply "Shoot the legs."

#20 razenWing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:42 PM

Did someone really made a thread about high rollers being P2W???

Dood, the mech sucks balls.

It's by far one of the worst variant, if not heroes period. And you are complaining about... 4 hp?????? Really? like the amount a not perfectly aimed median laser can cover?

(If anything, they should buff the crap out of this garbage in the same way that people use that tank vindicator variant with similarly garbage hardpoints)

Edited by razenWing, 20 January 2019 - 07:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users