Marauder Ii Should Have Engine Cap 400

4 replies to this topic

#1 NimoStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:28 PM

I have been advocating for the inclusion of the MAD II (is) for a long time, and saying that I would buy the ultimate pack whenever it comes,
After the news I was very excited since this was my all-time favourite mech, even making tens of versions as a teen specially on MW4.

I actually was going to buy the ultimate version of MW5 to get it and the bonuses.

but really, all variants capped at 360 engine?

Posted Image

In the lore, we know the chassis can fit xl400 engines

Posted Image

Even if this is a special variant, we got the Dark Age one which doesnt even fit the timeline.

Plus, they all have three or max four jumpjets, when in MW4 it could have up to six IIRC, and this coincides the most with its jumpjet description:
Posted Image
Even if we had 6 JJ cap, nobody would invest 12 tons in it and it still woudnt get you far due to the way JJs are programmed for assaults.

In any case:
To have an XL400 engine may not be the more practical for an IS mech perhaps, but people deserve to have the options specially since no other IS 100-tonner has it and there is ewnough lore precedent to justify it.

I am a proud owner of an Executioner 95 tonner with XL380 and MASC, and a Kodiak Spirit Bear 100 tonner with XL400 and MASC.

Of course I do not ask that the Marauder gets MASC options at all, but at least having a max 400 engine is guaranteed. The IS has no max 400 engine from all its 100-tonners. This one gets it in canon... I don't get why restrict it. It obviously is not going to be a competitive choice due to more vulnerability on XL (unlike on clan version, lose one side torso and you die) and impossibly high tonnage requirement in light and standard variants. But it would be an option me and surely other people would appreciate a lot in customization. It was always that the MAD-II was a mobility focused 100 tonner thus why the jump jets were added to the design in the story.
I have nothing against the 300 rated engines that also come to it with the canon but we should be able to customize it with bigger ones. Not to mention other niche uses like putting more engine heat sinks. There is actually a two heat sink difference between xl360 and xl400 engines.

Most current IS 100t assaults are lumbering behemoths such as the fafnir and anhilator... the Clans get mobility options in highest tonnage bracket, so why not the IS? Its not like it will replace the Cyclops.

So, PGI, pretty please? It cannot break anything balance-wise to do this, is both lore accurate and better for customers...

#2 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:21 PM

Honestly i'd like a 400-rating engine on MAD-II too.

But to put this into perspective, Atlas and King-Crab are both 100 tonners, they start with 300 Engine, and limited at 360. Why shouldn't they get higher engine rating too?

#3 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:45 PM

The 4A needs a 9th energy hardpoint and a 400 engine rating. As-is, it's going to have to run some bizarre combinations of weapons to justify its weight, and those combinations are ultimately going to be less effective than what you can run on a 75 ton Black Knight.

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 16 January 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

But to put this into perspective, Atlas and King-Crab are both 100 tonners, they start with 300 Engine, and limited at 360. Why shouldn't they get higher engine rating too?

Ballistic and missile heavy, they wouldn't be able to make use of it. I don't think all the MAD IIs need it, but the 4A is an energy boat and could really benefit from that 5th engine sink slot since it has more weight than slots when you build damn near any competent energy loadout on it.

#4 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:39 AM

lol how much could you have like the mech if it having the same max rating as most other 100t is a deal breaker

#5 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:17 PM

View PostY E O N N E, on 16 January 2019 - 10:45 PM, said:

Ballistic and missile heavy, they wouldn't be able to make use of it. I don't think all the MAD IIs need it, but the 4A is an energy boat and could really benefit from that 5th engine sink slot since it has more weight than slots when you build damn near any competent energy loadout on it.

Cool I guess.

But still, a King-Crab going 64 KPH would be cool.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users