A Dragon's Rage - Dragon Fire Support Thread (Even More New Art!)

BattleMechs

163 replies to this topic

#161 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 07:56 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 02 August 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

The terribly ironic thing is the Thanatos drew people in because they thought it'd be strong from just having both JJ & ECM but hard points and geometry are clearly more important. I can get some use out of it but it's clearly not all that good.

And on paper it looks good: ECM, JJ, solid hardpoints, even armour quirks! Actually, it is not terrible. But the geometry holds it back. There is no way this Mech could have gotten a good geometry, and that is the key difference to the Dragon Fire – well, that, and the better hardpoints of the Dragon Fire.

Funny enough, I too remember the thread about the Thanatos being the next meta monster Mech. I would like to think after Uziel, Hellspawn and Thanatos people learned the lesson about the importance of geometry...

View PostTheArisen, on 02 August 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

In general though it is weird because 75t is one of the ideal weights so one would think it'd get more attention.

I guess it is because people do not know these Mechs. But I could think of half a dozen 75t Mechs which would become top contenders immediately, the Dragon Fire being one of them.

And all of them look better than the Thanatos, too. I mean, it looks like East German social housing on legs. Well, some people like that architecture, too, so to each his own.

#162 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 August 2019 - 08:17 AM

View PostFLG 01, on 03 August 2019 - 07:56 AM, said:

And on paper it looks good: ECM, JJ, solid hardpoints, even armour quirks! Actually, it is not terrible. But the geometry holds it back. There is no way this Mech could have gotten a good geometry, and that is the key difference to the Dragon Fire – well, that, and the better hardpoints of the Dragon Fire.

Funny enough, I too remember the thread about the Thanatos being the next meta monster Mech. I would like to think after Uziel, Hellspawn and Thanatos people learned the lesson about the importance of geometry...

I guess it is because people do not know these Mechs. But I could think of half a dozen 75t Mechs which would become top contenders immediately, the Dragon Fire being one of them.

And all of them look better than the Thanatos, too. I mean, it looks like East German social housing on legs. Well, some people like that architecture, too, so to each his own.

Yeah I actually like my LBX40 Thanatos but it certainly didn't live up to people's expectations. Geometry is destiny after all which is a big part of what makes the DFire so great, it's the complete package.

Haha yeah I could easily make a list of mechs that would be desirable and fun to play. I'm afraid the only experience I have with Germany is laughing and taking pictures by the entrance and exit signs. (Ausfart & einfart or something like that)

#163 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 542 posts

Posted 03 September 2023 - 07:07 PM

I would love to see the Dragon Fire added to the game. Kudos to the artist, I came across the art work by accident, and it looked like official art for MWO but I couldn't put my finger at the mech.

#164 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,832 posts

Posted 03 September 2023 - 08:31 PM

Yeah, the Dragon Fire is cool.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users