My Jenner F Build

Help Me Question

7 replies to this topic

#1 EnderHero00

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:13 AM

So, i bought a Jenner F a while ago and its the first mech I've actually been able to be useful in. I upgraded it lately to carry 4xMPL and 2xSL, but the heat seems to be a bit too much. I'm considering changing to double heat sinks. They still only weigh 1 ton each, right? Or should I just stick with singles and reduce my jump jet count from 5 to 3 to work in 2 extra SHSs?
Help. The Jenner keeps exploding after i start firing even though i let it rest for at least 20 seconds. Also, should i use override? I keep forgetting im over heat and keep firing after going over heat cap.

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:48 AM

DHS all the way. SHS are really only useful on some niche builds

#3 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:53 AM

Jenner F is very outdated and a relic of the past mech, there are better ones out there now who can do the same thing.
But, if you think of sticking with it in the long run and don't regret the money put into it, this is a very expensive but simple build that will offer you some safety with good range and excellent mobility at the cost of Inner Sphere XL engine risk. If too dangerous for you, just replace with a LE 15 ton engine and remove one heat sink.

IMPORT THIS CODE WHILE YOUR JENNER F IS OPEN IN MECHBAY.
A4092:^0|Md|PGpP0|i^qP0|i^r>0|F@|F@|F@s>0|F@|F@|F@tP0|PG|PGuP0|PG|PGv<0w606060

x6 ER Medium Lasers
IS XL Engine 295 (136 km/h)
5 Jumps Jets
13 total Double Heat Sinks (10+1 in-engine + 2 external)
Ferro Fibrous Armor & Endo Steel structure.

As for the question of dual heat sinks, always go for dual heat sinks. No questions asked, always go for dual heat sinks.
Override is great if you have the structure to endure an ocasional mistake or if you are doing hit and runs where you apsolutely don't want to shut down but know you will not stay to fight.

Edited by Acersecomic, 22 January 2019 - 04:59 AM.

#4 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,676 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:01 AM

The Jenner F has always ran hot. Double Heat Sinks are mandatory. You should try to maximize cooling at the expense of jump jets and perhaps a little speed as well. Unless you really like jumping and do it well.
In the Jenner, you could go with 6 SL, 6 SPL, 6 ML or something like that. The trial is 3 SL, 3 ML, from eons ago. 6 ERML is going to be hot and you have the speed that unless you are trying to play medium range, you can drop down to short range with cooler MLs instead. For even shorter range, but better cooling, go with smalls. And 6 MPL is an option I suppose but it's going to be hot and too heavy without making other sacrifices.

#5 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:58 PM

View PostEnderHero00, on 22 January 2019 - 04:13 AM, said:

So, i bought a Jenner F a while ago and its the first mech I've actually been able to be useful in. I upgraded it lately to carry 4xMPL and 2xSL, but the heat seems to be a bit too much. I'm considering changing to double heat sinks. They still only weigh 1 ton each, right? Or should I just stick with singles and reduce my jump jet count from 5 to 3 to work in 2 extra SHSs?
Help. The Jenner keeps exploding after i start firing even though i let it rest for at least 20 seconds. Also, should i use override? I keep forgetting im over heat and keep firing after going over heat cap.

Investing in the mech operation tree for 21 points for the cool run and heat containment will help cool your mech. You can also invest in firepower tree's for heat gen to lower the heat the lasers make. You'll net 10% heat dissipation and get +15 heat containment. Putting points into firepower for the heat gen nodes would get you decent range bonus too on lasers.

https://kitlaan.gitl...%20Capabilities

You can use the link below to try out various skill trees without risk of lossing the mech xp or gxp in game. just make sure you set it to the right mech and weight class. https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/

I'd drop the jump jets down to two. It'll be enough to jump over canyon network's walls and let you use them as an air brake when moving from higher to lower ground if you burn them during the fall reducing or avoiding leg fall damage.

#6 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:40 AM

welcome to 2015!

this game lies to you. the true cost of a mech is what you need to completely outfit it. which kind of includes DHS, Endo, and for lights, Ferro. Not to mention the XL engine tax

if you really want to save yourself some pain, sell the bare Jenner chasis now, and buy something more relevant to the current meta. or start a new account, it's not that difficult to finish the cadet matches.

If you want a decent IS jump capable fast striker, the Panther or even the Firestarter is better than the Jenner

Edited by ImperialKnight, 30 January 2019 - 08:40 AM.

#7 tutzdes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 445 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:14 PM

View PostImperialKnight, on 30 January 2019 - 08:40 AM, said:

If you want a decent IS jump capable fast striker, the Panther or even the Firestarter is better than the Jenner
Nope. Jenner has double the agility of Firestarter and Panther. Jenner is not a top tier light, but both mechs you mentioned are not any better.

#8 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:05 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 22 January 2019 - 04:48 AM, said:

DHS all the way. SHS are really only useful on some niche builds

Since the heat dissipation patch on Oct 2018.

SHS are objectively worse in just about every situation now, not even the niche ones.

Basically only 100T mechs with laser, that's it.

The main issue with the Jenner is the armour reassignment from the arms to torso that PGI did, which really made the mech into a steaming pile overnight.

Same with other mechs like Jager/Stalker which got totally ruined by the change and made the arms super weak.

The Jenner-F overall is just - OK - and that's it right now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users