1 reply to this topic

#1 Visareos

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:02 PM

Hi there,

while testing out a couple game mechanics relating to ECM, Stealth and their Counters we came across a Bug that lead to a state in which my 'Mechs HUD would flicker and my friends couldn't lock Missiles on me anymore, while them being near my ECM Bubble, would flicker the Low Signal State Icon on their Target Reticule.

Some more Details:
I was running a Pirates Bane Locust, equipped with ECM and Stealth Armor.
My friends in this Test Scenario were equipped with LRMs, STREAKs, BAP, TAG and UAVs.

To Trigger the Bug I had to switch my ECM to Counter Mode, then activate Stealth.
This switched the ECM back to Disrupt Mode and my HUD started to flicker.

In this Error State it was possible for my Friends to Target me like I had no Stealth active, but they could not achieve any Missile Lock on me, even while being in BAP Range, and using their TAG / UAV.

Cheers,
Visareos

#2 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 11:11 PM

This has been reported many times and PGI continues to insist they cannot duplicate the "error". Instead they made stealth even better by changing it from blocking all mech heat sink cooling to a fixed 1.5 heat per second, which is easily overcome on any mech with 10 double heat sinks. Thus mechs with low heat builds and stealth armor can leave it on for the the whole match.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users