Jump to content

Solaris 7 Season 4 Kick Off


31 replies to this topic

#21 Aidan Crenshaw

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 861 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:04 PM

what do you mean? I completed mine just fine.

#22 Ed Steele

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,589 posts
  • LocationClan Jade Falcon occupation zone (FedCom).

Posted 01 February 2019 - 11:42 AM

I have been able to play about 10 marches so far and have one most of my matches. The matchmaking is pretty rough, lots of players using their quick play MECHS that are not optimized for 1v1 and some trial MECHS. I did have a couple really close games though and I have found that my Victor Dragon Slayer makes a better Solaris MECH than a QP MECH

#23 Grayson Sortek

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 345 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 12:04 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 01 February 2019 - 11:42 AM, said:

I did have a couple really close games though and I have found that my Victor Dragon Slayer makes a better Solaris MECH than a QP MECH


This is my first real time in Solaris, and most of my builds are based on my experience in the Friday Night Livestream of Critical Rocket (https://www.youtube....T6E_gt75GDK9IJA). My dual AC20 Victor is nice, but I've been mixing it up with a 3xRAC2+1AC10 Mauler that has been pretty effective... I've also made the classic Kai Allard-Liao Yen-Lo-Wang to try out.

The best part? If I can find an empty division at the time my fiancée and I can slug it out in Solaris, which is pretty much a dream come true.

#24 Ed Steele

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,589 posts
  • LocationClan Jade Falcon occupation zone (FedCom).

Posted 02 February 2019 - 05:33 PM

View PostGrayson Sortek, on 01 February 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:


This is my first real time in Solaris, and most of my builds are based on my experience in the Friday Night Livestream of Critical Rocket (https://www.youtube....T6E_gt75GDK9IJA). My dual AC20 Victor is nice, but I've been mixing it up with a 3xRAC2+1AC10 Mauler that has been pretty effective... I've also made the classic Kai Allard-Liao Yen-Lo-Wang to try out.

The best part? If I can find an empty division at the time my fiancée and I can slug it out in Solaris, which is pretty much a dream come true.


I have not tried the Dual AC/20 Loyalty Victor yet, but with the AC/20 ghost heat, I don't believe that it would be able to survive against the higher-ranked players.

#25 Grayson Sortek

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 345 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 09:58 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 02 February 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:


I have not tried the Dual AC/20 Loyalty Victor yet, but with the AC/20 ghost heat, I don't believe that it would be able to survive against the higher-ranked players.


As long as you chain fire and torso twist it works pretty well:
https://youtu.be/2Th-FgrTBxY
https://youtu.be/k3kviR1yxoM

Although a 6x RAC2 Anne is just unfair no matter what you do...
https://youtu.be/Eklwof3P-tE

P.S. Anyone who thought allowing the Piranha in Division 2 with all of the Heavy and Assault mechs needs to be flogged.
Anytime I run that ankle biter I win in D2, anytime I'm in a heavy or assault and I run into one of those things I lose.
It would be much better in D6 or D7 with the other medium and lights, OR allow more lights in D2... but even then I'm not 100% sure on what would have equal footing against a Piranha in a 1v1 light fight... Soon enough D2 is just going to be filled with Piranhas as people will get tired of losing to them.

#26 Pak Hammond

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationTrying to run on a connection that has to cross oceans

Posted 02 February 2019 - 10:10 PM

Not sure why you would have trouble with the piranha. Shoot the legs and once it is legged it is very easy to kill. I have had a few matches against them and haven't lost yet.

#27 Ed Steele

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,589 posts
  • LocationClan Jade Falcon occupation zone (FedCom).

Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:33 AM

Well, I mostly play in DIV 5 now, since the Cent AH was moved out of DIV 6 and since the Phoenix Hawks were moved out of that division, my nemeses are now Kintaros, since they are the only Mechs that can pack more firepower than my AH in that Division.

#28 Kinski Orlawisch

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:10 AM

No one anymore except Modidas and Handsome? No games in 2 vs 2 sinse 2 days now. Waiting waiting waiting..2 hours...Ohhh loss Nr 25 against the same enemy inc.....Yes I know they are better..so what now? Solaris dead again?

#29 Ed Steele

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,589 posts
  • LocationClan Jade Falcon occupation zone (FedCom).

Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:37 AM

View PostKinski Orlawisch, on 03 February 2019 - 06:10 AM, said:

No one anymore except Modidas and Handsome? No games in 2 vs 2 sinse 2 days now. Waiting waiting waiting..2 hours...Ohhh loss Nr 25 against the same enemy inc.....Yes I know they are better..so what now? Solaris dead again?


I think that most players have finished all the events and Solaris is going back to being a ghost town again. I was all gung ho for Solaris when it came out, but the reality is, that the mechanics of MWO make Solaris much less interesting and fun than it should be. There is no melee, death from above or knockdowns. Also all of the cool bolt-on weapons are non-functional and just for decoration. Most Solaris games at the higher levels are just a contest to see who can blow the other person's legs off (lower ping wins more often than not) and in the heavier divisions, it is just mostly people sniping across Boreal with the ballistic of their choice.

Edited by Ed Steele, 06 February 2019 - 09:30 AM.


#30 Aidan Crenshaw

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 861 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:05 AM

Hey Matt, can we get a few hours extension of this, because of the downtime yesterday? Pleeeeeaaasssseee?

#31 Aidan Crenshaw

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 861 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:08 PM

Thanks, Matt! Very much appreciated!

#32 justcallme A S H

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 6,726 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:21 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 19 February 2019 - 09:08 PM, said:

Thanks, Matt! Very much appreciated!


Yep - the extra day and a half is awesome.

Also the Valentines event was also extended.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users