#21 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 30 January 2019 - 05:47 PM

View PostAngel of Annihilation, on 30 January 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

Agree with you here. I have a few builds that are very powerful and coupled with its excellent speed and agility for a mech its size can make for a very enjoyable experience. However....

Madcat Mk II is hands down a better mech and since the OP doesn't specify a specific variant there is alot of varying builds he could work with and still come out with ahead without falling into the strict meta. For example:

MCII-A

Madcat Mk II - A mounting a UAC/20, 5xMPL and 2xSRM6a. Mixed build, Great DPS, Good Heat Mgmt and most importantly NOT BORING. There are quite a few non-standard, non-meta builds the OP could go with that would be highly effective.

However based on an earlier post, I think he decided on the Gargoyle.

I did indeed get the Gargoyle, but MC MK 2 is next on the list as I am trying to get into FP. The Garg is great, in one game I did 89 damage and in one other I did 900. It's definitely a balls deep 'Mech.

#22 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:02 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 30 January 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

I have a bunch of cash, and am torn between the dakka MC MK 2 or micro / pulse laser vomit Gargoyle. Undoubtedly the MC MK 2 is the meta build, and will bring in the wins. Then again, 50 points of damage per 2 seconds at point blank range is also hilarious... But, 90m is a long way to close in something as big as a Gargoyle.

Gargoyles are really fast tho

#23 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:00 PM

My favorite Gargoyle build (inspired by Durandal) is 5 cERML and a cLB20-X (both ballistic arm pods for spread quirks). Spread quirks + skill tree gets it down to 0.8 which moves it into "Laughing all the way to the bank" territory. Since the Gargles is mobile, you'll have no trouble closing the gap and plowing through most anything that is unfortunate enough to be in front of you.

(not to mention a nice ballistic cooldown from pods alone)

#24 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:59 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 30 January 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

Is the Uziel still in D7? The freebie can mount two LB10-Xs. I could never make it work but I faced a few highly ranked players that the 'Mech seemed to be practically made for.

No its in D6 for two seasons now.

Also FU and your Gargoyle for killing me yesterday. A man can't skill an IceFerret in peace without running into a ginormous micro-lasers batterty these days.

#25 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:48 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 30 January 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

WTF do people run in division 7 of Solaris that a scrub might occasionally make work? I need one damn win and a Phoenix Hawk and Panther KK is just not working for me.

Talking about non-meta, I got my div.7 win in my beloved Pheonix Hawk 3S. I didn’t even change my build from what I use for QP.
The MASC+JJ+high speed allow some crazy shenanigans of over-the-head jumping, mid-air pirouettes, and shooting. Is it effective? ...marginally..., but damn it is fun.

LB10X 3MLs, 4JJ, MASC, XL280
PXH-3S MASCed Bandit

Edited by ShiverMeRivets, 31 January 2019 - 04:52 AM.

#26 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:55 AM

Dumb build is more fun in head. Macro more fun when you don't feel like losing 10 games in a row.

#27 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,072 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:05 AM

i do take some modes more seriously than others. like i dont think id ever take a screw around mech into fp. the other side is meta isnt that fun (fp is fun but running the same stuff gets old fast). my ppc warhawk and the usual doom crow and helby vomit. lots of hlls and erlls. on the is side i tend to lean towards mrms and lighter ballistics to emphasize their midrange skirmishing potential. though some laser vomit is used if the map is cold.

like the other day i tried to boat small and micro lasers on a gargoyle in qp. needless to say it didnt go very well. i played it a dozen or so times until i had a good game with it. the goal was to play around with a fun build. if you look at my fp stats and compare it to my qp stats, you will notice a lot of disparity.

solaris is kind of also a meta hole as well, it just comes with a completely different meta aimed more towards effective brawling rather than range and alpha meta you get in fp. even qp kind of has its own meta. for example slow mechs dont do very well, so one of the metas is to cram the biggest engine you can into your mech while weapon choices are completely optional.

Edited by LordNothing, 31 January 2019 - 06:12 AM.

#28 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:14 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 31 January 2019 - 01:59 AM, said:

Also FU and your Gargoyle for killing me yesterday. A man can't skill an IceFerret in peace without running into a ginormous micro-lasers batterty these days.

I think the hero is still D7. At least it was listed as such when I was looking up what mechs I might want to try that I didn’t yet have.
https://mwomercs.com/s7-mech-divisions

#29 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:30 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 31 January 2019 - 06:14 AM, said:

I think the hero is still D7. At least it was listed as such when I was looking up what mechs I might want to try that I didn’t yet have.
https://mwomercs.com/s7-mech-divisions

Belial was and is in D7, but what does it have to do with LBXs?

#30 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:46 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 31 January 2019 - 01:59 AM, said:

Was that on Rubellite? Because I utterly failed to do so. I could not hit those skinny legs for love nor money and in the end, it did actually cost me my 'Mech because I was out of position trying to saw like 30 points of health off something that technically should have gone down in a couple of passes. Running into you on the flank was pretty funny though, took me a moment to realise that it was an enemy that had just rounded the corner :P

#31 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:59 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 31 January 2019 - 06:46 AM, said:

Was that on Rubellite? Because I utterly failed to do so. I could not hit those skinny legs for love nor money and in the end, it did actually cost me my 'Mech because I was out of position trying to saw like 30 points of health off something that technically should have gone down in a couple of passes. Running into you on the flank was pretty funny though, took me a moment to realise that it was an enemy that had just rounded the corner Posted Image

Yes, on Rubellite. Problem was, in order to kill your single Gargoyle my team sacrificed 7 mechs.

#32 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:02 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 31 January 2019 - 06:59 AM, said:

Yes, on Rubellite. Problem was, in order to kill your single Gargoyle my team sacrificed 7 mechs.

If it's any consolation, I definitely did die!

#33 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:09 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 31 January 2019 - 06:30 AM, said:

Belial was and is in D7, but what does it have to do with LBXs?

Oh, sorry, nothing at all. Just noting that if you wanted to run an Uziel in Div 7 there is the option still.

#34 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 02:02 PM

Getting use out of a summoner -F and don't need no rac :3

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users