58 replies to this topic

#41 Mike Barnes

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 12:37 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 01 February 2019 - 07:50 AM, said:

Not to belabor this discussion, but one of my funniest CW recollections from back in the day was when a guy came into the TS channel to drop with us during I believe either Tukyyid I or II, and during the drop he saw that I was running a Firebrand, and went absolutely nuts. He started ranting about the 27 (or whatever the number was I don't recall exactly) instances of satanic symbology present on that mech's camo and how anyone playing that mech was abetting satanism and all that is wrong and evil in the world. I thought he was just having a joke until he finished the tirade, then left the channel and logged out of the game.

Funniest thing I have ever heard in game. Also, it inspired me to buy another Firebrand and change the camo a bit to make sure the contrast for the "satanic symbology" was even more readily apparent. Ah, the shi7 that triggers some people.

I've been wondering what to spend my preorder MC on.

#42 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 02 February 2019 - 12:49 PM

View PostSvarti713, on 01 February 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

I am of Norwegian and Scandinavian Descent and your "Christian Catholics" Came into my Countries, Desecrated our Burial Graves, Destroyed our Temples to Odin and slapped a Cross on them and Burned our records of History that was recorded. Committed Genocide and forced my people into slavery and into your religion. Making our way of life almost non existent and Destroying our Culture. Your Right and Just "Christians" have done this to countless other cultures. I think you and your religion is a true evil. Go back to your bible.

My last post ot.
Most symphatic and true post ever. YOU SIR have #### nailed it

Posted Image

Edited by Mighty Spike, 02 February 2019 - 12:49 PM.

#43 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 02 February 2019 - 05:30 PM

View PostMighty Spike, on 02 February 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

My last post ot.
Most symphatic and true post ever. YOU SIR have #### nailed it

Posted Image

LOL, are you people serious. I have mostly European ancestry and more than likely some Viking ancestors as well, but you guys seem to be overlooking the fact that Vikings raided The Brittish isles and much of Europe for hundreds of years, killing Christians and desecrating Christian as well as other pagan sites. Once the Christians organized and got strong enough to repel the Viking attacks, they did eventually turn the tables and attack Scandinavian countries and destroy Odinist sites too. This is just how people were, no one was innocent, they all did what they thought was best for their own people.

#44 Svarti713

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 62 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 February 2019 - 09:00 PM

View Postjjm1, on 01 February 2019 - 09:45 PM, said:

You just anticipated the Dragon Fire Hero I'm currently working on. I named it Gol-Goroth.

Oooooh can you PM when you are done, I'd highly like to see this as well sir! or Ma'm :)

View PostSPNKRGrenth, on 02 February 2019 - 12:33 AM, said:

What I really want to know is, how long does the MW5Mercs community preorder last? It'd be nice to know how long I've got to set money aside for it, as income is tight and I can only put aside so much per paycheck.

My guess is since it's on the same schedule as the Marauder II then you have till the end of this month since its Limited.

#45 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 09:07 PM

View PostHorseman, on 02 February 2019 - 11:04 AM, said:

Or they'll just keep it and it will just be the same pack without preorder bonuses

Pretty much.

Once the date hits, the "amazing" bonuses are probably gonna drop to just the props most likely.

Side note, check out the MW5 discussion under the Battletech thread (...which struck me as a weird place for someone to put it), in relation to customization in MW5 and AMAs.

#46 Svarti713

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 62 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 February 2019 - 09:12 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 02 February 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

LOL, are you people serious. I have mostly European ancestry and more than likely some Viking ancestors as well, but you guys seem to be overlooking the fact that Vikings raided The Brittish isles and much of Europe for hundreds of years, killing Christians and desecrating Christian as well as other pagan sites. Once the Christians organized and got strong enough to repel the Viking attacks, they did eventually turn the tables and attack Scandinavian countries and destroy Odinist sites too. This is just how people were, no one was innocent, they all did what they thought was best for their own people.

Yeah but the vikings never completely destroyed a culture, they raided a few places and left as was their way of life to becoming a warrior and proving they're might in battle to Odin so that they can go to Valhalla(They're form of Heaven). The Christians left no quarter, they destroyed a whole culture in their crusade and many more. Look up what the Roman Christians did to the Druids of what is now known as the British Isles and Ireland. They completely slaughtered and decimated them just because they didn't agree with what they believed in. Literally for no reason, the Druids were happy minding they're own business and Rome was greedy for land. If you are of Irish decent and you want to know more about your culture and ancestors way of life or practices well your out of luck since all remnants of Druidism are destroyed. What we know of Druidism now is a fake assumption of what we think it was and its sad.

Edited by Svarti713, 02 February 2019 - 09:14 PM.

#47 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:03 AM

View PostSvarti713, on 02 February 2019 - 09:12 PM, said:

Yeah but the vikings never completely destroyed a culture, they raided a few places and left as was their way of life to becoming a warrior and proving they're might in battle to Odin so that they can go to Valhalla(They're form of Heaven). The Christians left no quarter, they destroyed a whole culture in their crusade and many more. Look up what the Roman Christians did to the Druids of what is now known as the British Isles and Ireland. They completely slaughtered and decimated them just because they didn't agree with what they believed in. Literally for no reason, the Druids were happy minding they're own business and Rome was greedy for land. If you are of Irish decent and you want to know more about your culture and ancestors way of life or practices well your out of luck since all remnants of Druidism are destroyed. What we know of Druidism now is a fake assumption of what we think it was and its sad.

Julius Ceasar defeated the Gaul (druids) and much of Germania while the Romans were still pagan. Also, the Roman Empire fell before the Romans could completely conquer Brittania and they stopped at Hadrian's wall (south of Scotia). The Romans never had a foothold in Ireland and the Irish were supposedly converted to Catholicism by St Patrick (who was Polish and who basically tricked the High King into converting). The Vikings also stayed in many "Christian" areas, the cities of York, Dublin and Limerick were viking settlements as well as Normandy in France and other areas. Vikings settled in what is now Russia and also in Sicily in Italy.

Edited by Ed Steele, 03 February 2019 - 12:08 AM.

#48 Cranky Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHarem of French Poodles

Posted 03 February 2019 - 03:27 AM

View PostAkillius, on 01 February 2019 - 01:17 PM, said:

Well I thought about joining in the big tease-fest.
But its too easy because anyone can do it, and I remember D&D basic.

First up; symbols only mean to you, what you, want them to mean.

And this is just an game about shooting big stompy robots, and rebuilding them to fight again, and again...
That alone would've had all of us labeled heretics in the 1970's during the early anti-D&D days.
Perhaps its easier to consider this just a game, any images like animal eye decals are being put on the mechs for fun, some do it because they like to gussy up their mech, and some others do it to get under the skin of their enemies on red team.

So will you let the other players (intentionally or otherwise) psych you out???
Or will you sit back and enjoy the game?
Getting this worked up over anything isn't good for the blood pressure and stress levels.
Suggest just let out the stress by shooting those red team, and relax while having some lols.

Irregardless Good Luck and Have Fun. Posted Image

Players like you are an asset so others can take a step back and realize whats important.
THIS IS A VIDEO GAME, that it.
I'm here just to escape my real life of stress, pilot a 100 ton Stompy Robot Killing Machine, and have a few laughs with other Mech-Warriors about stupid things in real life and Mech-Warrior game world.
Anyways, its just a GAME.
Afterwards, i hug my dog and realize i had a great day when I Streak Missile Boat a Light Mech to death. Put on Doggy Decals on my Mechs' is best thing ever. My stress level is down and I am ready to go back to my Regular Life.

Yes i did buy the FireBrand Mech cause i thought it looks cool.
Wish we can do MELEE ATTACKS, would love to Run a "Devils Fork" Bolt-On into another mech.
Now i have to go and confess my evil thoughts to the Priest and ask for penance.

Please PGI... more Doggy or Puppy Decals.

#49 Lavos

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:27 PM

im an atheist but i dont intend to go further into that topic here because this is a videogame were all here to enjoy so it doesnt matter. but i did wanna say one thing:

i never expected to see a religious fanatic obsessed with satanic symbols (and the fact he got the entirety of it wrong) here of all places

that said, i find this guys incompetence just plain hilarious, kinda proves the old atheistic adage that religion is like doing drugs and that your mind is only clear once youve moved away from it

in america at the very least (and most other modern nations) people are free to beleive as they wish but are NOT free to force those beleifs on others, so your rights end where mine begin and vice-versa

too many people have forgotten that, oh and id love to see that guy try and sue, he'd learn the legal system is generally not on his side in these kinds of matters....

anyway, go blow up more mechs everyone! thats what the game's all about!

Edited by Lavos, 12 February 2019 - 03:29 PM.

#50 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:33 PM

Hello everyone, imback!

Id just like to remind everyone to be civil and mind the COC.
Please remember to stay on Topic Discusing the Content listed in the OP.

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 12 February 2019 - 05:33 PM.

#51 Chiasson Brinker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ace
  • The Ace
  • 260 posts
  • LocationWayside V

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:50 PM

What in the name of nut butter did I miss here?

#52 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:13 PM

Helluva religious fight for sure! ;-)

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 12 February 2019 - 09:15 PM.

#53 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,699 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:30 AM

View PostAidan Kell, on 12 February 2019 - 07:50 PM, said:

What in the name of nut butter did I miss here?
A religious fundamentalist went on a self-winding rant threatening that he won't preorder MW5 if anything remotely similar to what he perceived as "satanic imagery" in MWO appears in there, claimed that other religions constitute Satan worship, and as a cherry on top accused PGI of being Satanists based on their logo (goat, bull, bison, all the same thing to him - they have HORNS ergo are Satanic).
The conversation went straight to hell right after that.

I guess the rest of us can go back to admiring the scheduled preview of their demon horse warhorn.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Horseman, 13 February 2019 - 02:17 PM.

#54 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:15 PM

View PostHorseman, on 13 February 2019 - 01:30 AM, said:

I guess the rest of us can go back to admiring the scheduled preview of their demon horse warhorn.
Posted ImagePosted Image

some may say demon but all im seeing is a Ghost Rider Warhorn, and is looks awesome. Posted Image

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 13 February 2019 - 01:15 PM.

#55 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,699 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:14 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 13 February 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

some may say demon but all im seeing is a Ghost Rider Warhorn, and is looks awesome. Posted Image
Touché.

#56 Talos7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 130 posts
  • LocationCesspool that is post 2016 Washington DC

Posted 04 March 2019 - 04:25 PM

Oh hey, Colorado's favorite Satanic Stallion, Blucifer, now adorns a war horn.

Someone must have come and visited Denver International Airport recently.

#57 Ceilyn

Rookie

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 7 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBasingstoke, England

Posted 17 March 2019 - 03:14 PM

two out of the three badges and decals aren't working on mine. any idea on a fix?

#58 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 08:15 PM

View PostHorseman, on 13 February 2019 - 01:30 AM, said:

A religious fundamentalist went on a self-winding rant threatening that he won't preorder MW5 if anything remotely similar to what he perceived as "satanic imagery" in MWO appears in there, claimed that other religions constitute Satan worship, and as a cherry on top accused PGI of being Satanists based on their logo (goat, bull, bison, all the same thing to him - they have HORNS ergo are Satanic).
The conversation went straight to hell right after that.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, but doesn't the Bible say something about not worshiping icons? Icons are not good or evil, they are inanimate and a person who is the "chosen" of their all powerful deity should have nothing to fear from an inanimate icon.

#59 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,699 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 March 2019 - 06:08 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 22 March 2019 - 08:15 PM, said:

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, but doesn't the Bible say something about not worshiping icons? Icons are not good or evil, they are inanimate and a person who is the "chosen" of their all powerful deity should have nothing to fear from an inanimate icon.
Overzealous attitudes are rarely associated with genuine knowledge of - much less adherence to - the scripture they claim to follow.

Edited by Horseman, 23 March 2019 - 06:08 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users