Heartbreaker Event (Extended) And Sweetest Deals Sale

86 replies to this topic

#81 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:18 AM

Next year we need a Valentine warhorn of some sort.

#82 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 10:55 PM

I scored me a free Ghillie ya all . Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

You may touch me now .

#83 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 February 2019 - 01:19 PM

Alright, folks... As of rather late yesterday, I finished the "HeartBreaker 2019" Event. My thanks to PGI for all the Loot which I collected. :)

However, I had to bite the bullet and get a Solaris Win, something I feel like I regret touching even for one lucky Match. I really think we should AVOID limiting any Challenge to Solaris Mode, period. There's no 2v2 LFG, and the ComStar TeamSpeak has vanished without any trace. Worse, Solo Dueling is not being properly handled by the MatchMaker. A fresh Complete Newbie can end up getting thrown against a Veteran Solaris Pilot, which is worse than hellishly unfair. <_<

Although... If there had been any indication of a Time Extension coming, even just two days, I wouldn't have rushed so insanely hard to finish. Ouch, my right arm hurts now... -_-

As for this...

View PostPain G0D, on 18 February 2019 - 10:55 PM, said:

I scored me a free Ghillie ya all . Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

You may touch me now .

Huh? What are you talking about? *confused* :blink:

Well, everyone... I'll have to get a good rest first, but see you at the Next Event... Now pardon me... I sense I have other Forum Threads to pay some attention to. B)

~D. V. "Yeah, somebody's heart got broken on this Event ... Maybe even their mind is a mess." Devnull

#84 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:02 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 19 February 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

However, I had to bite the bullet and get a Solaris Win, something I feel like I regret touching even for one lucky Match. I really think we should AVOID limiting any Challenge to Solaris Mode, period. There's no 2v2 LFG, and the ComStar TeamSpeak has vanished without any trace. Worse, Solo Dueling is not being properly handled by the MatchMaker. A fresh Complete Newbie can end up getting thrown against a Veteran Solaris Pilot, which is worse than hellishly unfair. Posted Image
It's being handled properly given the context: the matchmaker usually only has 2, maybe 3 pilots to work with. Do you expect it to create pilots out of thin air?

#85 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:52 PM

View PostHorseman, on 19 February 2019 - 04:02 PM, said:

It's being handled properly given the context: the matchmaker usually only has 2, maybe 3 pilots to work with. Do you expect it to create pilots out of thin air?

No, I do NOT expect any Non-Existent Pilots to just suddenly appear. That would be totally off-base insanity in this case, Horseman!!! I expect PGI to manage Creating A Fix for the Solaris MatchMaking, as to...
  • Allow 2v2 to be assembled through the LFG System Functions, as that's currently impossible without starting the Group as a "Quick Play", instead of being able to correctly select the Game Mode in the first place
  • Make the MatchMaker itself use ALL of the Battle Records held by the Queued Combatants in order to actively prevent any Severely Mismatched Battles from happening without a Proper Consent from Combatants on BOTH Sides, as that's leading to a PUG-Stomping which is too easy for the Solaris Veteran... Worse, this also results in being too miserable for the Newbie who is getting plastered, causing them to not want to be near Solaris at all
...which would put an end to the Flaws that are most severe in Solaris Mode. Heck, fixes for these things might actually give Solaris a chance to be fun again to anyone who isn't already at the top of the Ladders which are viewable by the Player Base in general. Not to be mean/harsh/rude in any way/shape/form, but I did think really hard about this one, even if I didn't say it all in my previous post. Unless PGI can put a Fix on those Issues, Solaris Mode really has become something to AVOID shoving people into, even with an Event running. :mellow:

Heck, No offense intended to Matt Newman and/or any of the rest of the PGI Events Team in general. These thoughts are only conveying just how I feel on the matter. :(

~Mr. D. V. "just wanting Solaris MatchMaking to not suck so horribly" Devnull

#86 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:38 AM

That isn't a fix. Fixing matchmaking in Solaris first and foremost requires getting more players to play the mode on a regular basis...

#87 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:16 AM

View PostHorseman, on 20 February 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

That isn't a fix. Fixing matchmaking in Solaris first and foremost requires getting more players to play the mode on a regular basis...

*facedesk* ... *sigh* ... -_-

Before that, you have to restore the Community's ability to TRUST that they will ONLY get Fair & Balanced Matches, unless they manually choose otherwise. There has to be SafeGuards to prevent being dumped into an Unfair Match without having Consent from ALL Combatants who would have been involved. Matches that are already Fair & Balanced already would NOT need the Consent Prompt anyway. That's why I stated the two items above as what is of NEED to be Fixed first. People will NEVER want to play in the first place if they're just going to be endlessly stomped into the dirt. They won't do 2v2 either if they don't have enough functionality to use it at random. It's NOT sanely possible for PGI to assume that a person doing Solaris is always going to have someone else who's already on the person's FriendList wanting to Group for the Same Division to play. So my above-noted items are indeed a Usable Fix, as the MatchMaking Code & Options MUST first be something the Community does NOT feel horribly uneasy about. :huh:

~Mr. D. V. "Hellishly aware of 'Knock-On Effects' regarding Solaris MatchMaking, as well as Current Pitfalls" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users