25 replies to this topic

#21 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:07 PM

Use the ramps where possible. Makes LRM easy to clear buildings and find emenies to shoot.

Yeah my PM box was disabled because a certain individual can't take a joke about himself and got PGI to shut it down lol...

#22 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:03 PM

If you must spend tons on lurm-boating, at least do it with an Awesome 8R to be actually good at it.

#23 Squiggy McPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 755 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:12 PM

View PostHorseman, on 14 May 2019 - 02:09 AM, said:

Eh, the only map that can be said to nullify the 8R is Solaris City. Everything else is manageable.
(source: I have 125 hours clocked in these things)

Oh I'm sure if I paid more attention and were more serious about it I'd figure out the places to go to get the angles needed but as I said I'm selfish and lazy. I did have the manners to not play it after I figured out I suck in it. Posted Image

If I'm feeling a bit lurmy I'll break out the cat a1 and lob lrm60 onto their heads. If I land on a map I'm crap at lrms in then its only a heavy out of the fight and not an assault mech.

#24 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:18 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 14 May 2019 - 08:07 PM, said:

Use the ramps where possible. Makes LRM easy to clear buildings and find emenies to shoot.

I tried fighting from high ground the last time I was playing there. Wanted to make sure I did not hit my friendlies by getting elevation. I was chased off by a Piranha and could not get back up. ;-) Only managed about 280 damage, mostly dumbfiring the missiles and the HMLs, but for me that is quite good in a Light Mech. Still, I guess I need to practice that a bit more...

Thanks for the advice. :)

#25 Shade4x

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:29 PM

In my XP, LRM's on assaults are actually really underrated, partially because there is always some idiot making a LRM 80 boat and getting Solaris City. Try this, make a build that a lower tonnage mech would use. 2 LPL, 5 Med Lasers, 2 LBX 20's 4 med lasers, 4 ER LL, etc. Add an LRM 30 to it with 4 tons of ammo (2x LRM15 or 3xLRM10's). You'll fight like a heavily armored "heavy" in trade for being able to LRM while re-positioning. On top of this, you can chain fire LRM's when you charge, which can stunlock one enemy, and prevent Gauss / PPC / AC2 snipers. They are worth it just to have something to contribute for all the time you are just waiting to engage. Just don't forget your purpose as an assasult, be the front line, take out the big mechs.

#26 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,703 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:05 AM

View PostShade4x, on 24 May 2019 - 11:29 PM, said:

In my XP, LRM's on assaults are actually really underrated, partially because there is always some idiot making a LRM 80 boat and getting Solaris City.

Solaris City doesn't hamper those pilots all that much... on account of there not being much to hamper in the first place.

Try this, make a build that a lower tonnage mech would use. 2 LPL, 5 Med Lasers, 2 LBX 20's 4 med lasers, 4 ER LL, etc. Add an LRM 30 to it with 4 tons of ammo (2x LRM15 or 3xLRM10's).
Friends don't let friends run kitchen sink builds. If you have to run a LRM assault, go with an AWS-8R and put 3 to 4 LRM-15s on it (which it's specifically quirked for).

Just don't forget your purpose as an assasult, be the front line, take out the big mechs.
That much I'll agree with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users