#102 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:19 PM

Don't like the idea of releasing something that use to be in game and trying to sell it to us. I will not buy it. But id be careful PGI, thats something EA, would pull. Kinda feels like a dlc, like making use pay for maps....
Meh kinda lame if you ask me.

#103 Deeber

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 90 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:22 PM

I don't think anyone has proposed this yet, so ...

PGI: how about giving all Founders a complimentary set of the initial five 'glowing eyes' bolt-ons? I think this would be a fitting goodwill gesture, particularly since the glowing eyes that were once on the Atlas had been removed. (I am not a Founder, so I have zero self-interest in making this suggestion.) Thanks for considering this. Posted Image

#104 ArcRoyale

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:35 PM

Glowing swords? Like the Katana and Royal Sword?

#105 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:43 PM

The Hunchback can really use a glowing cockpit screen/visor system like in this illustration here:

Posted Image

#106 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:50 PM

Glowing Kodiak Claws

#107 I Love MechAssault

• PipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 20 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:51 PM

Feels like a feature that should have been around years ago. It's nothing new to artists such as Spooky777.
For my request I'd like to see glowing missile pods, and for the next batch of mechs, both Hunchbacks since they're the same model. I didn't even have to mock anything up for this, it was already out there.

Posted Image

#108 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:15 PM

View PostDeeber, on 14 February 2019 - 04:22 PM, said:

I don't think anyone has proposed this yet, so ...

PGI: how about giving all Founders a complimentary set of the initial five 'glowing eyes' bolt-ons? I think this would be a fitting goodwill gesture, particularly since the glowing eyes that were once on the Atlas had been removed. (I am not a Founder, so I have zero self-interest in making this suggestion.) Thanks for considering this. Posted Image

While I would love to have more free stuff, we get free stuff quite a bit during appreciations and some of us have really let it go to our heads. We spent around 80 or so dollars on some date in 2011. Some never spent a dime more and some of us shelled a couple hundred to may be a few thousand... But that doesn't make us much different from the guy that threw in a few thousand starting months or years later. And some have thrown in more than any sane person should and yet recognition isn't there. So people do tend to get bitter over it.

I can't say I never asked for a handout on mwo (though when I have I wasn't being serious and am very genuinely grateful the few times I have gotten something (Thank you to the people that got me Invasion 1 and Piranha ultimate.)), but I don't ask for handouts from PGI. Well okay I've asked for events for Gold mechs and Phoenix mechs after the Founder event. I mean I got everything I was told I was going to get for what I paid and then some...repeatedly. Sure the game lost its simulator like appeal and it has become quite detached from the original vision but what game really survives through to the end as intended? For comparison RE 2 remake awesome as it is has a couple of major flaws that never should have made it out of the gate which the original did far better at...and yet it still did really well. I preordered MW5 and am grateful for the extra stuff but would have done it anyway, because I know that despite the flaws and I already know of dozens (mostly nitpicks), PGI made sure to put in the support so I could be able to fix it and make it something that we could keep playing and playing. I don't expect them to keep showering me for the rest of my life for it, and its the same here for mwo.

I could see some that it was taken away from wanting to have the Atlas eyes back but meh.
I will just buy them when they get put up for half off. Or try my hand at throwing glowy eye art at the wall til something sticks.

(P.S. PGI, once the MW5 rush is over, can we please release a chain of simple maps using existing assets. They don't have to be special just ditch the "conflict in the middle" concept. In fact would like a map that doesn't have a middle. Wouldnt mind some with up and under tunnels and areas where only mechs of certain sizes can get through... both to encourage tricks for lights and mediums...and to help isolate them from their backup.

#109 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:20 PM

So PGI... you want to tell me that art team has time for this neon bling bling BS, But not enough time to fix the god damn non-existent torso pitch problem with the Atlas, Firestarter, etc, which by your own admission is an issue with the mech models and hitboxes??!?!

Posted Image

#110 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:21 PM

View PostWraith 1, on 14 February 2019 - 04:03 PM, said:

The Night Gyr needs glowing laser heatsinks.

Posted Image

When activated, make the glow proportional to your heat level too.

#111 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:43 PM

View PostWraith 1, on 14 February 2019 - 04:03 PM, said:

The Night Gyr needs glowing laser heatsinks.

Posted Image

This, so much this!

And please, make it something like the Samus armor:
Posted Image

#112 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:53 PM

Glowing eyes are a great idea. But you ruined the execution with the price. I mean 25 mechs would cost me $100.

#113 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:54 PM

How about glowing eye decal

Dat way the eyes can go on any mech and maybe save you some work PGI Art team

Atlas to the starboard bow........its a flea nvm

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 14 February 2019 - 05:56 PM.

#114 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:02 PM

I do not have an image but;

when firing lasers, such as large pulse, the current bolt-on light flashes in duration to when the lasers are fired. (unsure if suggested already)

#115 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:04 PM

I present:

Who is that hiding in the corner there?

The last thing you see before you die.

Eyemando?? Commandclops??

Posted Image

Edited by thievingmagpi, 14 February 2019 - 06:04 PM.

#116 DucPilot

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:09 PM

How about you stop giving us gimmicky stuff like this (1000 MC...really?), and start giving us, oh I don’t know, maybe, MORE CONTENT! Like MORE MAPS!

#117 Bewitched GTi

• Pip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:15 PM

I’ve already done this with my awesome and hachimoto chi
Will upload pics tonight

#118 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:19 PM

View PostGrimlock Magnus, on 14 February 2019 - 01:49 PM, said:

Why stop at eyes? Think glowing outline. Think Tron (the movie). You could even sell the add-on per limb/torso/head.

Below is an example, it's the best I can do with my limited graphics skills. Imagine the yellow glowing like the eyes do. Posted Image

PS: I used the Supernova since it had a convenient skin for it, but could work on any mech...

Posted Image

That reminds me of the idea behind the loyalty Wolverine and Cicada variants. Weren't those supposed to be a pilot program or test for adding armor "skins" on top of your paint scheme? This seems right up that alley; and it seems PGI has the technology to truly do it, now.

There you go, PGI, turn the Wolverine and Cicada "L" variants hex armor into a bolt-on skin, give it to the people who already own the mechs -just for those chassis to grandfather in the change-, monetize it for everything else, and start up with "Tron" skins as the next easy win.

#119 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:23 PM

View PostAMEN Jesus is my Lord and Savior, on 14 February 2019 - 05:54 PM, said:

...so that enemy would see that you are overheating and finish you off with a single shot of AC20 by directing their attention from other targets that they have engaged...hmk

So... you are saying that you are not aware that you can do just that by turning on heat vision?

#120 Raviir

• Pip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:33 PM

Black knight

Ooh ooh, king crab with a moving light like the lights on Kit from Night Rider. How cool would that be? It could go back and forth similar to control over the K9 light bar!

https://goo.gl/images/hojQv7

Edited by Raviir, 15 February 2019 - 05:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users